October 1, 2014 | 1926 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

5 stars. Nectar Thermique is a product everyone, I repeat, everyone needs in their hair product arsenal, even if you rarely heat style. It's a fabulous heat protectant that moisturizes like a leave-in conditioner. It makes hair extremely soft, smooth and gives it a beautiful shine. And this smells terrific. It's scented with a sweet, soft fragrance that smells like Lancome Tresor (just like my pal Juno mentioned below ;). Also, I've posted a pic of the ingredients list.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by laureg

While I did like this product, I think I'm one of the few out there that like this less than the Ciment Thermique. I found that over time, the Nectar wasn't as "protective" as the Ciment. I have long, blonde highlighted hair, and I find that the Nectar is lighter somehow, and doesn't provide the same reconditioning, shiny results that the Ciment does. I'll use this up, but then am going right back to my beloved Ciment!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by domishopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I generally really like Kerastase and it does make a huge difference to the condition and appearance of my hair. But if I had to stick with just one product from their entire range, it would have to be Nectar Thermique.

My naturally blonde hair has been dyed light blonde in the past and, although I have since gone back to my natural colour, my parched lengths and split ends definitely need some TLC. Having been very disappointed by Ciment, I was not dying to throw more money at yet another heat protector. But when I decided to trim my dead ends, my hairdresser used Nectar on my hair and I instantly loved it. It gives me swishy, soft and shiny hair which is smooth and full of body. It does not weigh my hair down, nor does it make it greasy. It just gives me bouncy, sleek layers, which is an achievement because my bra-strap length hair tangles very easily. As far as I can tell, it also prevents split ends and one bottle will last you quite a long time - I have had mine for two months now and there is still 1/4 of the bottle left (I use it every other day when I wash my hair). I combine it with Fluide Chroma Riche for that elusive Pantene-commercial look.

I wish I could give this product 6 lippies! Nectar is one of the reasons why I am happy to grow my hair and it is certainly my HG. One thing I am not crazy about is the heavy, perfumey scent which I tend to cover up with my favourite EDT. Still, I will never be without it and it is definitely worth the money - I usually get mine on-line for around about £13.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I converted to this product immediately after my hair stylist used this on my hair & there was no denying how good it made my hair look. My hair stylist introduced me/hooked me onto Chroma Reflect but the Nectar Thermique was even shinier/glossier. Before I always used Ciment Thermique on the ends and the bottom 1/2 of my hair and Chroma Reflect on the top of my hair (as it was shinier than Ciment Thermique). Oh my god, this Nectar Thermique does the job of both and I think this product is really INCREDIBLE. This really is the best leave-in I’ve tried in my 43 years of being a product junkie (sorry Ciment Thermique).

My hair: Straight, Thin, Fine (but a lot of it), Korean black Silky Shiny Hair. Nectar Thermique leaves my hair MORE silky/glossy, finger gliding smooth (no tangles), soft, CONDITIONED yet strong and full of body than Ciment Thermique. Ciment is fantastic but I felt it left my hair a bit more "hard", not as silky/soft as the Nectar and I really don't like to blow dry my long hair so much (which is necessary for full benefits of Ciment Thermique) as I feel that is too damaging to my long hair. I was in Italy for 9 days in the hot summer sun and I felt sorry for my hair being burned in the elements but Nectar Thermique really helped protect my hair and kept it soft, silky, conditioned and strong. I bought this 1/2 way through my trip in Rome and my friend who I stayed with was impressed with the difference this product made in my hair (as she saw how I spent a good 6 hours in the hot sun). There is no stickiness and it feels weightless. It’s almost impossible to find a product that makes fine, long, stick straight hair soft/silky AND “bouncing and behaving” but this product might be your closest bet to achieving that. This is the only product that gives me the swing and bounce (a super good hair day) that usually only happens after my hair stylist has given me a great haircut.

This product ends up being very reasonable, as you only need a pea size amt (or 2) for all your hair. I need double that amount to use my Kerastase Chroma Protect Leave-In. Now I just use Nectar Thermique all over and use mousse near the roots. I have fine (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I also use: Joico K-Pak, Redken (All Soft Conditioner, Hair Cleansing Cream), along with Kerastase products (Bain Miroir Shampoos 1 & 2, Masqintense for Thick Hair, Masque UV Defense Active). The Nectar Thermique is truly an effective, fabulous product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this product gets such good reviews!
The only I agree is the smell, it's nice and fruity like nothing I've tried before.

I have really coarse, dry and thick hair and I use the straightener every second day. The girl from the salon promised it's the right thing for me but NO. This is waaaay to light for dry hair.. My hair is still frizzy and dry after straightening and the second day my scalp would become itchy and flaky.

And the packaging is really bad. How are you suppose to get the last 20% of cream out??! Such a waste for a pricey product. Oh! And it says it's a 'styling' product? Seriously, Kerastase should re-write the whole label on the thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After my recent trip to the Caribbean, my hair started looking dry and dead.

I have been using Ciment Thermique for years due to all my jaunts into the world of chemical coloring -- and it still keeps my hair in good shape. But I wanted MORE.. I wanted that CGI type hair..lol. And I don't give up when I want something like that!

I bought this and still use my Ciment Thermique -- but I use this after I style it and just before going out and whoaaaaaaaa.. I get a great shine, a lovely scent and my hair looks CGI'd..

For anyone looking for shinier hair, this is the product to use!

I will soon buy my backup!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by DaynaMichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Kerastase despite the astronomical pricing. I loved Ciment Thermique and still find that I like it better than Nectar, but that is only because my fine hair gets a bit weighed down with this. I think it's because I have a fairly oily scalp; if your hair isn't terribly damaged or terribly oily, you will probably love this. Provides good heat protection, makes your hair silky, and smells good. Won't repurchase ONLY because Ciment is more meant for hair like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by daniargie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down, best heat protectant out there for dry hair!
I like Ciment Thermique but found that my hair isnt damaged enough to benefit fully from it.
I tried Nectar Thermique and Im converted.
First off, the smell is divine (no, it doesnt smell like old lady perfume), the consistency is light and very "soft". Your hair will never feel sticky even if you use a big amount of product.
My experience:
I dont blowdry my hair cause blowdrying makes my hair frizzy, go figure.
Also, if Im going to flat iron my hair, I prefer to skip blowdrying and let it airdry to avoid overuse of heat.
What I always disliked from Ciment Thermique was the fact that I HAD TO blowdry my hair first for it to work as it's supposed to and make my hair look good.
So...Im thrilled that my hair looks GREAT when I use Nectar Thermique for airdrying! Makes my hair SUPER SOFT, SHINY AND LIGHT and it makes it easier to use the flat iron after!
As for the heat protection it provides, it's an A+! My hair feels protected and never got damaged when using this.

Im in love with this stuff, so much that it made me buy Sublimateur Jour leave-in from the same line. (See review on that if interested)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SophieLunar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nectar Thermique is amazing after not being to shore about alot of kerastase products ( Becouse they made my hair limp and oily ) and switching to redken = amazing.

I was stunned at how good this product is !!
As i have dry hair , frizzy and wavey Nectar Thermique protects hair perfectly from the hairdryer and styles straght and keep hair good for a few days until the next wash it makes hair look like you have just had it blowdryed in the salon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many other reviewers of this product, I am a Kerastase fiend and have tried both Ciment and Nectar. I had been using Ciment for a good 2 years by the time Nectar came out; it was by far the best heat protectant I had used, plus had done a lot to improve the overall condition of my hair. I'm currently using Nectar (which smells lovely!) and I really like it. It makes my hair nice and soft. Too much product and my hair feels a bit waxy, with too much "slip" but for the most part its very good. It's protecting my hair from the heat plus replacing some of the moisture lost by chlorine/bleach/heat styling. I think this, as a heat activated treatment, has probably done a better job of moisturising than most conditioners. So because of that this is now my heat protectant/moisturising product and I'm making up the lost proteins of Ciment with Anti-Usure conditioner. All in all a very good product, I recommend it highly!