October 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Debsie13

UGH! I so wanted this to be an adequate replacement for higher end eyeliners. It's not. I got the colour "Blackest Black" and let me tell you...it's brown. And I'm only inferring that it's brown because I can't actually get it to apply to my eyelid. I've tried everything - clean, dirty, primed, unprimed, with eyeshadow and without. NOTHING makes it transfer. I do appreciate that it is relatively cheap (I got mine on sale for $9.49 CDN) and the applicator WOULD be nice if it actually applied to the lid and I like that it would be convenient to use because of the tip and the pen-like shape. But alas, this did not work for me and I will be returning it. Cheers!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

I purchased this product and loved it for my everyday top-lid eyeliner. Unfortunately it ran out and I've been using a different liquid Revlon liner, which is terrible. This liner was matte, dark black, and lasted pretty long, except for the inner corner of my eye, where I tend to wipe my fingers throughout the day. I had no pigmentation problems with the shade "blackest black"

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this at all. For a Colorstay product the colour does not stay. I bought it in black. I find it is very pigmented and does not dry out if you store it standing up with the cap pointed down. It's easy to apply. The reason I will not purchase this again is that I have oily eye lids and after about an hour worth of wear I have an eyeliner line on my upper lid. I wanted to try a liquid liner but with my oily lids I will go back to my usual routine of dark shadow, flat brush and Lise Watier Metamorfix.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by widdersyns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I mainly use this when I don't have time for something more complicated. It is really quick and easy to apply. I've never had a problem with pigmentation, and I've had a few of these. The only issue I've had is the pen making uneven lines on my lid ("skipping" parts of my eyelid), but that is likely my eyelids rather than the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This liquid eyeliner kinda sucks. It's not pigmented AT ALL, it comes off as a washed out/watery dark grey colour. I have to layer it like 3 times to get a good black colour. I feel like it dries up pretty fast too. I've had it for a long time so I expect it to be dried up by now, but even after I first got it it got dry pretty fast. It doesn't have great staying power either. I have watery eyes, so this eyeliner is a nightmare! I often find that it has smudged literally all over my eye if god forbid it's a windy day and I had to be outside for like 10 minutes waiting for the bus. The only thing I like about this product is that it's a pen, not a paint pot with a brush. That's probably why I bought it in the first place.

It's one of those products that you think "How can a makeup company release such a crapy product and think it's a good idea?"

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lethargyyy

ABOUT THE PIGMENTATION, I've had this for about a month, and can I say, the first day I got it and tried it out I HATED it. I felt I was ripped off horribly, the color was a LIGHT gray. I read that if you keep using it, the color will get darker but after scribbling on half of my hand it was still gray.
After a couple weeks of it just laying around, I decided to test it out again and suddenly it's only a shade or so lighter than my "blackest black" liquid liner.
I'm not sure how it changed, but it's actually a pigmented black now.

I haven't used a pen liner before but it's a lot easier than a brush, it's great if your in a hurry and not very good at applying liner (me). The only down side is that it does dry quickly like a marker-pen, so if you make a mistake it's really difficult to correct it like liquid/gel liner. It also smudges after a couple hours like a pencil liner would.
Overall it's just okay for the price. I would have liked it to work well from the moment I got it, but you still get a good line with it. I would rather try out another brand then buy it again, after how it just magically changed color like that...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by francescaT

TWO BIG CONS. Firstly, almost directly after touching your lid the tip of they eyeliner drys out! Which makes this product very hard to apply. Secondly, it smudges instantly after touching it. The shape of the tip is great and so is the idea, however these pro's are pointless when the application is such a struggle! I think im going to get ink poisening from the amount of times i have to touch the tip with my touch to give it a bit of moisture! $20 wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this product in Brown, it really irritated my eyes. They felt dry and itchy and had a slight burning sensation. A few months later, I saw these pens on sale and - against my better judgment - purchased one in Blackest Black. First of all, bad choice of name. I find I can only use the "Blackest Black" if I'm going for a very natural look. In short: No pigmentation! What the heck!

Anyway, it still irritates my eyes. I now wear contacts, so it feels even worse. I have no idea why it reacts this way. Craaaap.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it smudges and dries really fast, however, after it dries you can hold the pen with the tip up and put like 5 drops of water into it then put it somewhere with the tip down for like 10 min and it should work again.

it find it smudges a little, however i absolutely love the tip. it's not too pigmented though and it's not really worth the price, elf has a similar one for 1 dollar

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lizziesmith21

A high price for a product that simply does not work. Tip is very hard, no pigment...the reviews below said it all.