December 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bb520xx

The package says, "glides on smoothly and wears for up to 16 hours." FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! It does neither. The colour isn't opaque or intense at all no matter how many times you go over it. Even if you wait 10+ minutes for it to dry, it comes right off with a dab of a tissue. Truly the worst liner I have ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For over-40 slightly crepey and partially droopy eyelids, this product is a no-no. It took several passes before I was able to achieve a decent line. Then, even after I thought it was dry, my eyelid's normal movement caused the line to fray, causing quite a mess. After a few more passes to correct the problem, I realized it was getting worse. After fixing my eyeshadow to cover the mistakes, I went over it with my Bobbi Brown gel liner in black. Once I got to work, my eyelids were super irritated. This might be a good product for 20-somethings and possibly for use under the eye and/or to refresh my liner during the day as an additional layer. Otherwise, skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really really surprised after reading the bad reviews on this product. I first bought this at the Revlon outlet in NYC...the first pen I had for about a year and it worked really well for me before the tip got a little fuzzy and dried out. Just bought a new one a month or so ago and have not had any problems. Each time I bought the darkest black and had no problems with the color. With a primer this thing lasts all day - may fade a little, but it works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Debsie13

UGH! I so wanted this to be an adequate replacement for higher end eyeliners. It's not. I got the colour "Blackest Black" and let me tell you...it's brown. And I'm only inferring that it's brown because I can't actually get it to apply to my eyelid. I've tried everything - clean, dirty, primed, unprimed, with eyeshadow and without. NOTHING makes it transfer. I do appreciate that it is relatively cheap (I got mine on sale for $9.49 CDN) and the applicator WOULD be nice if it actually applied to the lid and I like that it would be convenient to use because of the tip and the pen-like shape. But alas, this did not work for me and I will be returning it. Cheers!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ali8388

I purchased this product and loved it for my everyday top-lid eyeliner. Unfortunately it ran out and I've been using a different liquid Revlon liner, which is terrible. This liner was matte, dark black, and lasted pretty long, except for the inner corner of my eye, where I tend to wipe my fingers throughout the day. I had no pigmentation problems with the shade "blackest black"

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this at all. For a Colorstay product the colour does not stay. I bought it in black. I find it is very pigmented and does not dry out if you store it standing up with the cap pointed down. It's easy to apply. The reason I will not purchase this again is that I have oily eye lids and after about an hour worth of wear I have an eyeliner line on my upper lid. I wanted to try a liquid liner but with my oily lids I will go back to my usual routine of dark shadow, flat brush and Lise Watier Metamorfix.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by widdersyns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I mainly use this when I don't have time for something more complicated. It is really quick and easy to apply. I've never had a problem with pigmentation, and I've had a few of these. The only issue I've had is the pen making uneven lines on my lid ("skipping" parts of my eyelid), but that is likely my eyelids rather than the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This liquid eyeliner kinda sucks. It's not pigmented AT ALL, it comes off as a washed out/watery dark grey colour. I have to layer it like 3 times to get a good black colour. I feel like it dries up pretty fast too. I've had it for a long time so I expect it to be dried up by now, but even after I first got it it got dry pretty fast. It doesn't have great staying power either. I have watery eyes, so this eyeliner is a nightmare! I often find that it has smudged literally all over my eye if god forbid it's a windy day and I had to be outside for like 10 minutes waiting for the bus. The only thing I like about this product is that it's a pen, not a paint pot with a brush. That's probably why I bought it in the first place.

It's one of those products that you think "How can a makeup company release such a crapy product and think it's a good idea?"

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lethargyyy

ABOUT THE PIGMENTATION, I've had this for about a month, and can I say, the first day I got it and tried it out I HATED it. I felt I was ripped off horribly, the color was a LIGHT gray. I read that if you keep using it, the color will get darker but after scribbling on half of my hand it was still gray.
After a couple weeks of it just laying around, I decided to test it out again and suddenly it's only a shade or so lighter than my "blackest black" liquid liner.
I'm not sure how it changed, but it's actually a pigmented black now.

I haven't used a pen liner before but it's a lot easier than a brush, it's great if your in a hurry and not very good at applying liner (me). The only down side is that it does dry quickly like a marker-pen, so if you make a mistake it's really difficult to correct it like liquid/gel liner. It also smudges after a couple hours like a pencil liner would.
Overall it's just okay for the price. I would have liked it to work well from the moment I got it, but you still get a good line with it. I would rather try out another brand then buy it again, after how it just magically changed color like that...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by francescaT

TWO BIG CONS. Firstly, almost directly after touching your lid the tip of they eyeliner drys out! Which makes this product very hard to apply. Secondly, it smudges instantly after touching it. The shape of the tip is great and so is the idea, however these pro's are pointless when the application is such a struggle! I think im going to get ink poisening from the amount of times i have to touch the tip with my touch to give it a bit of moisture! $20 wasted.