Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 6/24/2012 7:22:00 AM

I honestly really wanted to love this eyeliner. I have purchased and repurchased it many times and I always end up returning it. I don't know if I always get one from a bad batch or whatnot, but I can not get this to show up on my eyes. It goes on way too sheer. I do, one the other hand, love their liquid eyeliner.

on 6/23/2012 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am genuinely surprised at all the negative reviews! I really like this product (although I am generally not a liquid eyeliner kind of gal). I purchased this in Blackened Brown, and use it mostly to tightline the upper lash line to enhance the look of my lashes.

The marker tip is very easy to use, and the packaging is pretty good, as it just has a cap like a pen. I do feel like it is very pigmented (at least enough for my uses), and it hasn't dried out at all, even with pretty regular use. I really like the Revlon ColorStay range of products, as they all seem to be of high quality, and Revlon is a cruelty-free company... This product is great for what I need it for.

on 6/18/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I got this in "Blackened Brown" when I ran out of my usual liquid liner. I wanted something with a pen tip and in a color that I can use during the day. Pros: The pen applicator was easy to use and easy to draw a fine line with. In fact I find it easier to use than felt tips or brushes. Drying time was pretty quick although not as quick as some I have used. I'd say about under a minute. No smudging or flaking while wearing it. Cons: My biggest issue was the shade itself. It isn't even dark brown but more of a medium, watered down warm brown that hardly shows up on my tan complexion unless I make at least 3 passes. Before this, I had been using UD liquid liner in Demolition and that one was a true dark brown that only needed one pass. I can only surmise that this product isn't pigmented enough. Although I didn't experience flaking or smudging, the color itself didn't last very long either. I'd say about 4 hrs over a primer before it needed touching up. Granted I have oily lids but I've used products that cost less than this that lasted longer. In fact the Milani liquid eyeliner in dark brown that I recently acquired is a much richer and darker brown and lasted longer, not to mention cheaper. Not sure how the black shade fares but the brown is disappointing in my opinion. Not a repeat buy.

on 6/17/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I wished so much that this liner was more pigmented than it is, it comes off more charcoal than black and easily transfers if you don't set it with shadow. With that said, I would still purchase it. I'm not an expert when it comes to liquid liner so i use this to perfect my wing or as a guide and use a more pigmented liner on top, I'm sure there are other superior marker type liners, so when I find one I'll probably ditch this one.

on 6/17/2012 7:37:00 AM

I can only assume that revlon were being sarcastic when they named this 'blackest black'. It's a watery grey colour at best! I find it difficult to apply, takes lots of going over the same spot to get it to show. I can't remember how much it cost me, but I'm pretty sure it was more than AUD$20... So I can't bring myself to throw it out. Am going to try layering a dark black eyeshadow over the top to see if that helps at all!
I don't recommend this to anyone!

on 6/14/2012 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Worst freaking liquid pen liner ever. I got this in the color Blackest Black. Pft yeah right. The consistency is very runny and the color is nowhere near black (even on the first use). It disappeared within ten minutes that I put it on my eyes and the brush is a bit too stiff.
Save your money for other eyeliners that could work 10 times better.

on 6/12/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Omg this Liner is crap. I purchased this in "black brown". Color is not pigmented at all. I used it twice before throwing it out.maybe black color is better but I definitely would not repurchase this again.

on 6/11/2012 9:22:00 AM

This is the worst product of revlon. I just bought it before 2 days, I have to apply it rather I would say have to rub it on my eye lashes for almost 4 times to get the actual black colour and to make it thick... It is a brand new which I bought from one of the mall but it seems that there is no gel inside that pen..Everytime i use i shake it twice, but i could not see the result..I would never recommend any one to buy this.. I lost my money behind this product, would never ever buy any gel or pen from revlon in life.

on 6/9/2012 6:34:00 PM

This is my favourite black eyeliner to use for a winged liner look. It is so easy to use, I can make very thin lines or go as thick as I want. The colour (02 Black/Noir) is perfectly black. It dries very quickly and then doesn't budge, until I remove it at night. The pen also lasts a very long time. I keep expecting mine to dry out, but it just keeps on going. This is my second one in a year and a half.

I clean my tip with an alcohol swab. Be careful when replacing the cap, as sometimes it seems as though it is on, but it hasn't clicked into place yet. I recommend this liner to beginners, as it makes lining the eyes so easy. This liner is not suitable for use on the waterline.

on 6/4/2012 1:43:00 AM

I bought this because one of my favorite beauty gurus on Youtube recommended this product as a way to make winged/cat-eye liner much easier. It does make drawing a wing easier, giving me better control than many felt-tip liners. However, I find the narrow pen tip makes it tough for me to get a thick, dark line on my actual eyelid. It takes a lot longer for me using this narrow pen tip to get a line with the thickness I want.

Also, I don't know if I just got a bad one, but mine has a veeerrry strog odor. It's the strongest-smelling makeup product I own, and not in a good way. I won't be repurchasing.