Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like to use this as an exfoliant either in the morning or the evening. I use Cetaphil to clean off my makeup and then I will follow with Murad's Acne Treatment. Then in the morning I will use this in the shower. I think it works great. I think it is best when you have no makeup on and have a "clean" face. It exfoliates very well, I like the smell, and my skin is much smoother now that I use it regularly. I agree with the previous post, I dont think it would be best for TREATING acne, but if you already have good skin, or if you have a really good acne treatment then this would be great for you.

My skin regimen has left my skin flawless (mines "that time of the month occasionally") and i think that this is a great addition to any skincare routine. :)

on 7/27/2010 11:40:00 AM

I like the Neutrogena brand so I decided to try this. At first I didn't really like it because stupid me didn't realize it was literally a "cream". So for me it doesn't really give you that "clean" feeling because it doesn't foam up and it's obviously not a scrub. However, the smell is nice and it leave you with a fresh feeling. It is easy to wash off which I like. And of course, most importantly I think it works pretty well at keeping your skin clear. I have slightly oily skin, and it doesn't dry it out and also it keeps it pretty oil free. The one great thing is that it leaves the skin very smooth! If you have acne problems, or sudden breakouts, don't expect to use this for a couple of days and then everything is clear. You need something stronger for that. But for a daily wash, it will keep your skin smooth, fresh, clean and give you an extra boost at clearing your face as an addition to a more powerful spot treatment or something of that sort. =)

on 7/21/2010 8:26:00 PM

by far the worst cleanser i have ever used..right next to proactive cleanser. after i used this there were still so much makeup left on my face..yuck..the only good thing is the color and the smell of it.

on 7/2/2010 5:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This cleanser works so good! It makes my skin feel really refreshed and clean, never dry or oily. It really does stop my breakouts too!
EDIT: This product stopped working for me! I started breaking out all over my face again :(

on 6/26/2010 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Okay, so i have only been using this for like week so far and i love it so far. It does what it says. When i feel a pimple coming on i just quickly wash my face with this and BAM it's gone by the next day! I am not lying or i am not affiliated with Neutrogena. I am just a girl with acne who has literally tried out everything and this so far works the best. I still have a little bit of acne left and i have been wondering if the scrub or foam wash would help me even more than the cream. Don't get me wrong, i lovee the cream and i reccomend it to anyone who wants soft skin. I chose the cream because i was scared my face would get dry with the other too and i wanted soft skin. This leaves my skin soft and wonderful and i adore it! Anyone who stresses about acne needs this! It is my one good cleanser so far! I am loving it!! I will buy the toner and treatment next time i go out because i am so thrilled with this product. P.S It does haver menthol which leaves your face tingling and it feels good! Menthol is basically mint if your wondering. Lovee it! <3

on 6/24/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a while now, started right when it came out. My skin is acne prone but I don't get huge bumps, just little pimples and white heads. It works well for me.

Sometimes, I do get those under skin hard to get rid of pimples. I just dab this on for the spot for a while and does the trick of dissolving it I guess you could say.

If you have servere acne, I would not recommend this. This is not -strong- I don't think. But after using it, it makes my skin feel tingly and soft.

on 6/23/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using for 2 weeks everynight, and it works, but you got to use it properly.

First, I found that this 'clenser' definitely CANNOT clean my oily face effectively, so I wash my face with other face wash first, then secondly, massage my face with this product thoroughly. Afterwards my face feels fresh and cool.

This is how I use it, so far so good.

on 6/17/2010 4:13:00 PM

I just ran out of my old Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser and wanted to by an acne face wash for my somewhat acne prone skin. I have been trying out this product for a week now as part of my night regimen. I must say that this product is not for me. First, my face started getting irritated and become really itchy. Second, I broke out around my cheek area. This product disappointed me because I have been using Neutrogena products for years and nothing like this has ever occurred to me. If you want to try out this product I suggest that you use it on a small area of your face first and see if you have any allergic reaction. Also, I noticed on the bottle that the Acne Stress Control Cream Face Wash doesn't say that it is dermatologist tested.

on 6/14/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has been sitting in my bathroom for over a year... I finally decided to give it a second try (it is unfortunate to trow out brand new products!). So during usage this product is great it has a great creamy consistency when your face is wet it almost feels like whipped cream! It feels awesome on the skin and does leave my skin oil free...but not for hours (as specified at the back of the bottle). I would say after half an hour my pores are super oily and very disgusting! Im very disappointed as this product really does not work for me!

on 6/10/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i use this with t.n. dickinsons witch hazel toner and they both work really well on my skin. it control my oil during the day (i virtually have almost none now) and it smells great.
i didnt see any results until after about a week of using this, my pimples are definately fewer and my face isnt as dry and flaky around the mouth area as it was before.

i will be purchasing this again as nothing i have found works as well. i would like to buy a product with more than 2% salicylic acid but there is none available on the market. sad.