September 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by bwk0317

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using for 2 weeks everynight, and it works, but you got to use it properly.

First, I found that this 'clenser' definitely CANNOT clean my oily face effectively, so I wash my face with other face wash first, then secondly, massage my face with this product thoroughly. Afterwards my face feels fresh and cool.

This is how I use it, so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by laubyh

I just ran out of my old Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser and wanted to by an acne face wash for my somewhat acne prone skin. I have been trying out this product for a week now as part of my night regimen. I must say that this product is not for me. First, my face started getting irritated and become really itchy. Second, I broke out around my cheek area. This product disappointed me because I have been using Neutrogena products for years and nothing like this has ever occurred to me. If you want to try out this product I suggest that you use it on a small area of your face first and see if you have any allergic reaction. Also, I noticed on the bottle that the Acne Stress Control Cream Face Wash doesn't say that it is dermatologist tested.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by claudel67123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been sitting in my bathroom for over a year... I finally decided to give it a second try (it is unfortunate to trow out brand new products!). So during usage this product is great it has a great creamy consistency when your face is wet it almost feels like whipped cream! It feels awesome on the skin and does leave my skin oil free...but not for hours (as specified at the back of the bottle). I would say after half an hour my pores are super oily and very disgusting! Im very disappointed as this product really does not work for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

i use this with t.n. dickinsons witch hazel toner and they both work really well on my skin. it control my oil during the day (i virtually have almost none now) and it smells great.
i didnt see any results until after about a week of using this, my pimples are definately fewer and my face isnt as dry and flaky around the mouth area as it was before.

i will be purchasing this again as nothing i have found works as well. i would like to buy a product with more than 2% salicylic acid but there is none available on the market. sad.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by anday086

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I MIGHT buy this again. It has aloe vera in it and smells good. First time I used it, it tingled after I washed my face and gave a refreshing feeling. My acne is probably too severe though for this product to be effective. It also has the fragrance in it, which I know acne sufferers should stay away from (some concern there).

I would steam my face with a hot towel. Then I would use this wash and leave it on my face for a couple minutes longer and then wash it off. It wasn't great, I still got breakouts. But it wasn't bad. I think for the occasional pimple or mild acne, this will work for you.

The main reason I bought this was it had Allure's Editor's Choice award. And I know Neutrogena is a good brand. Just didn't work for me. So still try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i been using this for the last 3years. i have no problems with this cleansers since it didn't make me breakout or whatever. Its not the best but its not the worst

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Hate it. This cleanser broke me out everywhere it touched. I had zits *all over* my face, neck and chest after one use. It might have to do with the fact that it contains menthol, which is a natural skin irritant (so why do companies keep putting it in cosmetics and skincare products?), but who knows. I'll never buy it again. Girls with sensitive skin should be wary of products like this and others that contain menthol or similar ingredients. The only pro is that it's fairly cheap, but even then, you can find cheaper. Looks like it's back to St. Ives for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Surprised that this cleanser hasn't received a better rating. I have been looking for a cleanser that would control my moderate breakouts and not dry the hell out of my skin. After just a few days of using this, my face looks 100% improved. Less dry, far less breakouts and just generally much healthier. I find it best to use a makeup remover first, then I wipe off this cleanser with a washcloth. I absolutely love this stuff and am so happy to have finally found something that works for my skin. P.S. The body wash is also amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by jigs1229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I came across this product from taking the Neutrogena Skin ID survey. From what was recommended to me I just looked for products in their current skincare line with the same ingredients. My numbers were 14 (the stress control power cream wash), 32 (the on the spot treatment), and 38 (the rapid clear treatment pads). You do have to remove your make up first before this wash...I just remove my eye makeup and it seems to be fine. I love that this wash is surprisingly gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling really cool and refreshing considering it has 2% SA. There is no foaming and it does rinse pretty clean as well. I have been using this in combination with the other products (which I have also reviewed) and have noticed a difference in my skin with increased faded scars and decreased acne. I have combo skin that tends to be on the oily side with mild acne on my forehead small bumps along my cheeks and jawline. It has been a week since I started the regimen, and I really like it so far. The whole thing can be drying so I do follow up with a moisturizer afterwards. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by blubandit85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I use this with the acne gel and my skin has cleared up completley. I have bad acne and combo skin and it works great. THIS WILL NOT REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP! THIS IS TO TREAT YOUR ACNE!