April 16, 2014 | 2149 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this foundation is EXACTLY what I never thought I needed. Now that I have found it and worn it, I know that this is all I need- And what I mean by that, is, I never knew if I needed a tinted moisturizer, or a medium-coverage, etc... This foundation, Bobbi Brown Skin, is like the most perfect, almost sheer, very thin formula... But here's the thing- Being as thin as it was, it was pigmented enough to do an AMAZING JOB of toning OUT all of my redness and make my complexion look snooth, even, and flawless! I'm not one to struggle with acne, tho (thanks, High School Accutane)! My only real issues are the un-even skin tone, redness, a few broken capillaries, and small flaws. But when I look at my face, fully finished, it does not look thick, or cakey, or heavy. It looks like my OWN skin- sheer, fine, and just.... PERFECTED!!! I love this stuff forever. I dare say it is better than Giorgio Armani LSF! My skin is dry, but this makes my skin feel soft and dewy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was a great foundation, if you have good skin and yellow undertones, UNTIL HD came out. Now I use Smashbox HD and there is no comparision. The Skin foundation, while lighter in look then most, looks so much more like makeup then the HD. I like Smashbox as I have dry skin, if you have oily I think MUFE is best. These HD foundations truly look like you have nothing on, they just will not sit in any lines. So Bobbi Brown just is not moving forward. One other thing: I always used her foundations and the SA's convinced me I was yellow toned as that is all they have, but I took the foundation test at Smashbox.com and came up with a neutral. Light 2, and it looks so much better. Another point with Bobbi Brown, she is convinced we all should have yellow skin. When this came out it was great, but technology has improved beyond it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by JAJ1ETA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use natural 4.25, i'm so glad she finally made a color between natural and natural tan...b/c i fall in between those two...formula is very sheer. i do need to touch up a couple of spots w/concealer but i don't mind. i like how sheer it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by apferg04

I have been looking for a great foundation FOREVER. Even at age 25, I'm extremely acne-prone, have sensitive skin that will turn red over nothing, and have combo skin because of the acne medicine I take. I had tried various name brand foundations in an effort to find a foundation that had good coverage AND didn't break me out AND didn't look like I had makeup CAKED on. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is FABULOUS. It's def the best foundation I've ever tried, hands down.

The foundation itself seems very runny, just make sure you shake the bottle before you apply. It is buildable if you need extra coverage but it also looks so natural, i.e. like skin. I apply it with a flat top foundation brush. Try this. Trust me.

Just as a heads up though, I'm very pale with pinkish undertones and wear warm beige. I NEVER wear beige colors, or anything sounding warm, but this color was perfect for me.

The only negative thing is that the pump gets extremely messy which is why I gave the packaging quality a 3.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ReneC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally wear tinted moisturizers because I dont like to look overly made up so I decided to give this a try. Although it looked great when the sales lady first put it on me, it did not last more than an hour or 2. I get more coverage with a tinted moisturizer than I do with this. It settled into my pore and made them look huge and clung to the dry spots on the sides of my nostrils. I will be returning it today and buying EL double wear light,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by ShannonLouiseg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer with really dry skin especially around my mouth, it sometimes even flakes. I find that the bobbi brown skin foundation is amazing in covering that up and re-hydrating my skin. The colour range is actually pretty good, the lady in the shop tried a few shades on me giving me the choice which i thought was really good. never settle for only one colour to look at. I am in the colour warm porcelain. i wore this foundation to go to the races, so about eight hours. when i got home not a touch of the foundation was gone, it was great! this foundation also didn't break me out, as i have very sensitive skin. Plus i would like to add that i live in singapore which is such a hot and humid climate, so this foundation is great everywhere. it gives a light coverage but it takes all redness away, i love it. i follow up with the bobbi brown stick acne concealer in sand, its amazing. will buy it over and over again, definitely worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Aiselin

Bought this foundation after reading it was somewhat similar to diorskin pure light which I used for years. Not as sheer as diorskin was. Pores became clogged and visible after using this foundation for several times. Definitely not a good choice for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by MsLinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, really great. Was matched today at Nordstroms, originally tried the cream foundation but could not find a match so the nice MA moved onto Skin. I am really pleased . I have tried em all Smashbox, Nars, Bare Minerals etc. and for the life of me I could never get a good match going, but as soon as she blended this on me it just worked! It felt great weightless no reaction, and the biggest test it looked natural and fabulous in direct sunlight. Depending on how its applied, it can be medium or heavy if needed either is a winner because the finish is amazing. It is the most expensive foundation I've ever bought, but well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

I was recommended the shade in Sand by the friendly and knowledgeable lady at the Bobbi Brown counter. The mini-makeover she gave me looked sensational yet completely natural. As my skin is quite dry she did recommend a hydrating base prior to application of the colour.

The foundation cost me 28 though sounds expensive for what it is, there is no beating premium brands for the array of blends available- the shades all contain yellow-based tones in which counteracts redness especially in photographs. This good for me as I'm am NC25 ( Asian, light-olive )

It was so easy to recreate the look at home. I have also tried the foundation without a primer or base, which does wear off pretty quickly and my dry skin eats into the make-up. If you don't want to splash out on a Bobbi Brown hydrating lotion ( I thought 36 was too steep for a lotion), I would recommend a lightly moisturising lotion- anything too rich and your skin will look greasy within an hour.

For a dewy finish, I usually skip the face powder however, I recommend a light dusting just to give the base a lasting finish and that is enough to keep shininess at bay.

I tend to choose a light-medium coverage so, this runny consistency was a dream to blend and was so easy to build up extra layers. I usually apply it with a foundation brush or warm a couple of drops on my fingers and press into my skin. I was impressed by how much redness was knocked out by the true-to-skin colour.

My skin is also fairly sensitive and I did not experience any breakouts with this product. The bottle lasted me 12 months with regular use for light coverage and, I did not purchase any other base whilst using this as it became a staple in my kit.

I gave the packaging a 3 because the nozzle gets clogged up very easily and needs frequent cleaning, otherwise the quality of the bottle itself is great.

This is perfect for anyone who does not like wearing foundation and is after a very natural and fresh look. I don't tend to wear a full face of foundation just spot-applying wear I need it most...this is how good the colour match is. The right colour means less time is spent on blending or mixing with other bases.

A very good investment as there is a lot of wear in one bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by AllieCheeks

This was my first liquid foundation actually and I adore it! I have always used mineral makeup but I needed something more hydrating in the colder/dryer climate I live in.

This foundation does everything I wanted. It goes on smoothly and the coverage is light/medium but it's buildable. I dislike the look from other foundations that LOOK like you are wearing it. This foundation looks truly like skin and just enhances my features by evening out my skin tone. It also gives a nice dewy glow.

It's water based so it's not your typical foundation consistency but you only need a small bit. I only use 1 pump or less of the product which is more than enough.

I love this foundation and it's great for anyone who wants to look naturally lovely and not like a face full of product, while having coverage:)

I use Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer to extend the length it's wearability as I work 10 hour days and it's perfect:)