September 30, 2014 | 1294 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by hannahm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The biggest problem I have with this foundation is coverage, I prefer a more medium coverage but this is just too sheer for me, definitely more of a foundation for good skin days! I also find it doesn't last too long and isn't great on my dry skin. Best thing, is colour range I wear 00 alabaster which is one of the best colour matches I've found in a foundation for my very fair skin :) This foundation does give a nice dewy finish but I found that by the end of the day my skin was quite oily which is unheard of on my usual dry skin. I do really love the packaging of this product although it does get quite messy. Overall, wasn't terrible but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by takogirl

It is a very good foundation. More dewy natural looking finish, which i like. I personally do not like matte finish due to i have some dry patch on my skin. I set it with a bit of powder on my T zones and im good for the day

I'm Taiwanese, Sand 2 color is really close to my skin tone
I've brought it in New Zealand! and it cost me $90 but worth it.

If you have many pimples and really oily then i do not recommend this for you.
If you have a few pimples to having nothing then this would suit you. it works really well for combination dry to normal skin.

I think sheer coverage is best with this foundation, putting too much on then it will look cakey and shine a lot. I use a stippling brush with it. its moisturizers, which is good especially its Winter here in NZ.

overall, i've used it for 3 weeks and no breakout.

Its the best natural abit dewy, that actually looks like "Skin" foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this may be my HG. It is very fluid and sheer, but with enough pigment to even me out where I need it. A little goes a long way. Not sticky or drying on the skin. Looks good in sunlight as well. I have found that it is easier and you use less product if you apply it with your fingers instead of a brush.

I originally bought this in Warm Ivory, but it was way too yellow on my fair skin. When I went to exchange it, they actually recommended Sand. The MUA said that even though Sand is one shade up from Warm Ivory it has pinker undertones so is really a fairer shade.

One caveat - I am not sure about how much this oxidizes. After a few hours I feel it can be a bit patchy.

EDIT: Unfortunately found out that I was not color matched to the right shade. I was matched again to the shade Alabaster. Once I was wearing the correct color, I liked the coverage of this a little less and when it was time to repurchase I bought the Bobbi Brown moisture rich foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by emmabeans89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely holy grail for me, but I think you need a specific skin type to make it work.

I have normal/dry skin and this is one of the only foundations that doesn't obscenely highlight my dry patches in the winter. No, it doesn't moisturise and no it will not hide those patches completely - that is what skin care is for; however, it seems to be one of the few that doesn't gather on these bits. It is a light-medium coverage foundation with a dewy finish.

When I started wearing this I worked in a cosmetics department and often wore just this and concealer - the Lauder lady thought this was my real skin and complimented me several times!
I find it best to apply with a MAC 130 duo fibre brush for an airbrush finish, but a paint-style one will work just as well if you take care over streaks as it is a very thin, watery consistency.

It lasts about 6-7 hours on my skin, but longer with powder (E.L. Double Wear if you're asking) over the top. I'm looking into a primer to wear underneath for nights out as it's very good when flash photography is around and gives a lovely glow in pictures.

It's easy to remove, doesn't clog pores and doesn't dry me out. While it is expensive (£29 for 30ml) I will continue to repurchase. For reference, I wear the shade "Beige" and am around an NC25 in MAC.

While this isn't *great* at concealing occasional blemishes, my oily skinned, acne-prone friend wears this as she loves the finish. Incidentally she uses a clean foundation brush to spread it over her face better when the oils break through and likes it as it doesn't irritate her sensitive skin.

Sorry for the lengthy review but I hope it will help other people!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lovie23

I am still undecided about this foundation. I wanted to really love it!! The make up girl at the Bobbi Brown counter, cleansed my face and spent time finding the right colour for my olive/yellow undertoned skin.
I went outside to see it in the natural light before buying it and I loved my new look - flawless but so natural.
At the time, my skin would have been normal - dry (sometimes) now it's more combination.
However, when I tried the foundation on the next day after I bought it, it seemed to stick to dry parts that I didn't even know existed!! I wore it to work and as the day went on, it seemed to seperate on my nose and cheeks - almost crack like features. - NOT a good look.The lasting power also wasn't great but in fairness I hadn't applied powder.
The foundation is quite runny and I find applying it with a brush was the only way to get an even coverage. It takes a while to get used to it.
I love the colour and the finish on my normal skin parts but for those dry may find it sticking to dry patches. I have tried it with a primer and it still shows any dry parts... I have changed my skin care regime and going to try this foundation again, simply because I really want to like it for the price & love the colour.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I wanted something for light, natural coverage that would simply make my skin look a little more even and smooth. I'm not really impressed with this product. It's so runny that I have to apply and blend it with my fingers, which annoys me, and it oxidizes on my skin and makes my face much darker than my neck. I don't get a my skin but better look, but a my skin but oranger look. This is not for me. I gave it two lippies because the bottle is sanitary and you get a lot of product for the price, which is great if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Nanciiieeee

This foundation is so good it makes my skin look so natural like SKIN but very good SKIN which I don't have, my skin is Normal and this foundation is very moisturizing and might make you look oily but that didn't happen for me, it made my skin look really glowy, the only reason why I won't repurchase is because it's sooo expensive, i got it for $78,I'll just try something else since everything is double price in AUS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by suddenlysunny

I bought this foundation hoping it would be a natural looking foundation that wouldn't get noticed by teachers at my private school. I got shade 0 which was a close match, albeit a touch yellow.

When I put this on it gives a heavenly glow to the skin and blurs out most imperfections. A couple hours later however and that glow turns into a greasy shine. I now use this foundation in the winter when it is dry outside and for pictures.

I love the pump and wish all foundations had one. I don't like the price, over $80 AUD. It didn't make me break out which was appreciated. I would recommend this to ladies with dry skin looking for that glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in Beige, and just as well because it looks pale and ashy in natural daylight. It is very liquid, so you have to be careful not to drop some on your clothes. It has a very light coverage and you cannot build it up, your face would just look shiny and it would rub off everywhere. I can hardly see the difference before and after applying, I might as well use just a tinted moisturizer. This foundation is suitable for people with a good skin without any blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MrsAnnaLim3

Still can't decide on this product! I loved the finish of it when I used my sample,it looked beautiful and dewy/satiny. But i bought it,and the BB SA wasn't there to help and I got a SA from another beauty department who helped me pick the colour(which was almost two shades lighter than the original sample the actual BB SA gave me) now that I have it,I can't seem to work it. Iv used fingers,kabuki and brush,but it picks up my dry areas(which I never thought I even HAD!) and it smears onto everything,and seems to melt off after a while. So not super impressed hey. Which is sad,cos Iv used two other BB foundies before and quite liked them. It might not be the foundation,it's prob just me, as I look for longer lasting foundations these days,due to my combo skin type. I'm sure there are others who will like it out there though!