Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 2/12/2012 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Dear Revlon Really Red,

Oh my search for red lipstick....how I've suffered and toiled, trying every red color in every brand in Sephora, buying expensive versions of you from Edward Bess and Guerlain in delicious packaging that I end up returning...and settling down with the best and truest version of you that never fails: Revlon Really Red.

How shall I sing your praises? Is it the slightly warm but true red color that is probably universally flattering? Is it your long lasting magic, your ability to not fade throughout the day and drinks and even meals? Is it your miraculously non-drying matte texture? Is it your ease of application--no lipliner lip brush powder sealer anything, just a perfect easy application from the tube to red lipstick perfection? Or is it perhaps because you run about $8 at most, and still performs better than every other expensive lipstick I've tried?

Oh, it doesn't matter, Revlon Really Red. I know I've strayed from you, and I'm sorry. I realize now that I will never find another red lipstick as true and good. I am committed to you, and I won't stop singing your praises. How I love you--and everyone else should, too.

on 2/11/2012 7:43:00 AM

I was really hesitant 2 try a bright red lipstick as it looks v whorish on some lol bt wid d right clothing n accessories it looks so vintage which i really <3 .. A friend of mine suggested 2 try on Revlon Really Red n i gave it a try..n VOILA! It looks jst perfect :D m so v happy 2 have found a red dat suits my indian warm skin tone :)) Its matte.. yeaaa bt it doesnt completely dry up my lips bt i wud suggest 2 wear a lip balm b4 applyin it.n hell yeaa i would repurchase it over n over again! <3 :))

on 2/9/2012 12:01:00 AM

I just bought this lipstick today and I really like it so far. I've been going for a Dita von Teese inspired look lately, and since there was no way I was going to spring for the Ruby Woo or Russian Red by MAC that she wears, I did some research for cheaper matte reds and came across Really Red. I have brownish red hair and the color looks great with it, and it has rather good staying power. I would defininately suggest this product to a friend, and plan on contiunuing to use it for a very long time!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

The only red lipstick I have ever tried was "Ruby star" from Maybelline. It was ok but it never really wowed me. Now, this color is absolutely gorgeous on me. It just makes me look so alive and bright. I dont think I will ever buy or try another red lipstick again. The search for me, is over.
The texture is smooth and not overly drying (my lips are pretty much always in good condition). I dont feel the need to apply balm underneath even in harsh canadian winter.
I did my research and based on that, I gathered that blue-based red suit all skintones. I am yellow-based NC50, and it fit me perfectly, Nothing looked off..just beautiful.
I always shied away from red thinkign that I am too dark to pull it off but now I find occasions to wear this.

on 2/7/2012 3:29:00 PM

I adore this lipstick :D i had purchased revlon colorburst lipstick in cherry. The color itself was good but applied it made me look clownish and gaudy in a sloppy corner hooker sort of way. Really Red saved my faith in the color red. On my NC37 skin and hyperpigmented lips, this comes off as an opaque matte neutral red. It didn't dry out my lips like most people say that matte lipsticks do, and it made my teeth look super white. Overall awesomeness.
The lasting power was pretty good, note that i wore this straight out the tube without any lipliner, primer, nada. and it didn't bleed.
As far as packaging goes, I don't mind with lipstick unless its so bulky it doesn't fit in a pocket or purse comfortably and this one is perfectly classy. It's a round tube with a matte black finish and a silver band. Nice. I would love to try out the rest of the matte lipsticks. But for now this will feed my lipstick addiction :)

on 1/21/2012 8:52:00 PM

Starting to get more and more into red. I think this one is becoming one of my favorites as it doesn't look way to bright on me, and has good staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Absolutely worth it! It is a fantastic 40s movie star red. I love the matte effect; it really lasts a long time. It's an excellent drugstore buy, and I'd recommend the other matte Revlon lipsticks as well, especially the nude. They really have the quality of any of my high end lipsticks (and I have everything from Chanel, Hourglass, Dior, Mac, etc.)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was on a hunt for the best Ruby Woo dupe. I love the color of Ruby Woo so much but the formula is very drying and makes my lips peel. I could not find the heart to let it go because it gives me the perfect vintage vibe. So I researched and got myself this Revlon Really Red l/s.

The verdict? I LOVE IT. I swatched Ruby Woo and Really Red beside each other and the shades are so similar! I love the texture of Really Red a lot more, it's matte but definitely goes on creamy and non drying. A little bit of lip moisturizer underneath will do. I like it matte so I don't mix it with any gloss and the staying power is amazing. It doesn't bleed (unlike Ruby Woo) and it stays for several hours even after eating/drinking. The price definitely helps my rating too! Overseas, this sells for a little over 10$ but I know that it's only 5$ in the States. That's still a lot cheaper than my Ruby Woo. The MAC lipsticks here sell for 25$ (Isn't that insane?!). The packaging is okay considering it's a drugstore lippie. The lid clicks closed so I don't have to worry about it floating around in my purse.

Anyway I definitely will be repurchasing this again. I have a feeling I will be using this almost every day! Definitely my HG red l/s!

on 12/5/2011 9:15:00 PM

Yes this is a winner! This satisfies my desire to have that 'Jessica Rabbit' look once in a while :). A very wearable true red. Great dupe fof a certain HE lippie!

on 11/26/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have some weird addiction to red lipstick but of all the ones I've come across I think this is definitely my favorite shade. I freakin' love this stuff. And I'm pretty much convinced that it's one of those shades that will look good on anyone no matter their complexion. I love the texture as well but I'm also fond of a matte finish so that could just be me. If you're looking into buying a red lipstick I'd suggest this right here for sure.

Popular Lipsticks