October 30, 2014 | 1515 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite primer potion. It works as good as the regular and I love the color and a little frost to it. I have even worn it alone before when I was in a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mangogo234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first UD primer potion, Sin is a sheer champagne color that can be used as an everyday wash of color, or a base for other eyeshadows. I have to say that this is a very good primer but sometimes I feel the shimmer can get all over the place and make my makeup look sloppy. Oh, and FYI, DO NOT GET THE BOTTLE FORM! GET THE SQUEEZABLE TUBE FORM! In the bottle form it's hard to get every last bit of product, so you have to cut it open and scoop the rest out. Overall, great primer but next time, I think i'll just get the original formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by SpacieSiren

This stuff is my new hero! I have combination/oily skin and since I started my new job (lots of running around) I've had a HUGE problem with creasing and my makeup not lasting the whole day so I read reviews on this and decided to give it a shot. Love it!

It's got a very good price on it and glides on smooth, unlike the one by MAC. I love the Sin color too, such a pretty color. The very first day I wore dark makeup to give it a good crease test and after 12 hours at work my makeup didn't crease AT ALL and only faded slightly. Like I said, this stuff is my new hero :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the Sin primer potion, but only as an eyeshadow instead of a primer/base. I feel that this is too thick to use as a primer, but it is shimmery enough to use a light eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

This is the only eyeshadow primer I use. Its great! Goes on smooth, gives the right amount of shimmer with a light, barely there pigment. It does not crease and lasts all day. I have been through many tubes of this stuff and each tube lasts a few months so although its expensive, its worth every penny for the results you get!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a little sample size that I like and occasionally use when I use more natural shades of eyeshadow, but otherwise I don't really like using this. I find it a bit sticky, but it does its job alright.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great! I have really oily skin, and this keeps my shadow on allll day. It is shimmery, so I use it all over my lid and up to my brow so I don't have to use a highlight. It's perfect for under shimmery shadows - really makes them pop!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Had this for more than 2 years and picked it up by accident - I had meant to get regular UDPP but picked this up instead.

I have oily lids and this primer performed poorly on preventing my eye makeup from creasing. Within 2-3 hours, it'd begin creasing up. Also if you are like me and can only afford to have one eye primer on hand because of money, this is obviously not a does-it-all primer because it the shimmer will still show up underneath your matte shadows, its original purpose was for equally shimmery shadows. Doesn't work well on its own either if I only wanted a simple neutral wash of color because the champagne color really sheers out once blended onto my lid and just leaves it sparkly.

Somehow, the only time it performed better than usual was when my skin and eyelids were dry. Weird. Either way, won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer about a year ago, mostly because (a) I like UD's Primer Potion for the way it makes eye shadows last and last and look perfect all day and (b) it's in the colour Sin and I like Sin Eyeshadow because it's very close to MAC's Grand Entrance, which was LE. So I bought this, used it once or twice and then sort of put it aside and forgot about it til recently. I've come to love it all over again....

This is very much like MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot except I find it more blendable. Also, my Bare Study dried out. Now, it was just a sample but I think the jar they took it from was already drying out because even when I first got it, it was very hard to blend smoothly....the end result was very cakey and harsh looking. Not so with Sin Primer Potion. It blends beautifully. It is terrific as an eye shadow in its own right, imparting a beautiful brightness and glow to my lids and acting as a brilliant "backdrop" for whatever eyeliner and mascara I might use. And as a shadow base - especially under shimmering shadows - it is just excellent as well. Some disappointing shadows, like MAC Tempting, just come to life layered over SIN as a primer/base. Like the original, it makes shadows remain fresh looking and crease free through just about anything and it imparts a subtle glow under most shadows if you use it as a base. Also, there seems to be an amazing amount of product in the tube (the stupid "genie's bottle" shape) and I have the feeling that, unlike with the original, there won't be quite so many problems getting every last bit of product out of this one because of the texture of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

I prefer MAC Bare Study Paint Pot. I don't think it keeps shadows looking as pigmented throughout the day as the MAC PP and the color of it is too shimmery and too pink for my taste. Plus, the MAC PP is less expensive if I'm not mistaken. One MAC PP can last me 9 months if used everyday and I feel like I would go through this product in 3 months. Plus the cap to my UDPP tube doesn't screw all the way. Is this a bad product? No. Do I think there are better options? Yes.