Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 9/25/2011 1:38:00 AM

Meh. This is far too shimmery and metallic to use as a shadow base. Maybe on it's own as a paint pot sort of thing, but not to layer shadows over it. It just doesn't look good at all! The priming part of this did a great job, but I could seriously do without the color and shimmer. I'll be sticking to the original and Eden primers.

on 9/20/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product...I'm 40 so I didn't want something too too shimmery and teenage looking and I found it....it's got this soft pink glow ( I don't even call it shimmer, cause there's no glitterly look to it)...I'm pretty pale in the winter/fall months and this adds just enough color to make my green eyes POP! I've worn it the last two days with nothing over it....and gotten SOOO many compliments...I will definitely be re-purchasing!!!!!!

on 9/7/2011 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I prefer the original Primer Potion to this one. Sin is a little greasy looking and too shimmery for my taste. Kind of reminds me of MAC Stilife paint, or LM metallic eye colour in platinum, but sheerer.

on 9/4/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't really like the Original Primer Potion. But I really love this one! It acts as the perfect primer when you want some shimmers on your eyes. I don't even need another primer underneath despite it is coloured and its staying power is even better than the original one.

on 8/27/2011 10:55:00 PM

UDPP is the gold standard when it comes to primers, and it does the job well...but there are a lot of competitors now that are just as good at keeping my eyeshadow creaseless. ELF, Palladio, NYX and Ruby Kisses all have excellent primers at just a fraction of the price, without the goofy tube!
The Sin color is nice, but not nice enough for me to justify spending $18 - I'll stick to the cheaper brands in the future and save my money for more glitter :)

on 8/27/2011 2:21:00 AM

I think I love this more than the original. I am in love with the color of this primer... it is beautiful... my go to when I don't want to fuss with multiple brushes and shadows. Perfect champagne/shimmery taupe color. As with the original formula, this wears like iron on my lids. Will repurchase for sure, and happy to see UD has wised up and ditched the old cute but crappy genie bottle tube!

on 8/23/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG e/s primer. I specifically like the UDPP in Sin. I have the original but I feel this somehow works better. I also love the pigmentation/shimmer because I have thin skin on my eyelids. With the original UDPP, if I applied a sheer e/s, my veins would show through. With this, it functions as both a concealer for my thin skin and a primer. As far as the shimmer goes, it's a really subtle effect. It's not chunky teenybopper glitter or anything like that. If I apply a matte e/s over this, it looks matte or very close to it.

on 8/19/2011 2:49:00 AM

I really love the color of this. As a primer, it's not amazing. But there's less fall out and creasing compared to if you didn't wear any primer. I don't like the packaging. The bottom of my bottle formed a small crack and it was seeping through whenever I pushed the applicator back the bottle. I still have quite a bit left, but I can imagine how difficult it will be to get all of the product out of the bottle.

on 8/19/2011 12:21:00 AM

Sin is a lovely color, but it aways creases on me! My lids are not even that oily, but nothing seems to stay put when I use this. I love the original formula and Too Faced Shadow Insurance, so I will stick with those. I will probably purchase the powder color of sin though, because it is beautiful!

on 8/9/2011 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am a long time fan of the original Primer Potion...DEVOTED to it. I picked this up to shake things up, and trusted that it would do the same job as the regular PP. Oh, no,no,no,no.no. How about one eye was completely nekkid...the other in stripes. Hot. I have the oiliest lids on the planet (My lids can eat through Liquid Longlast in MINUTES without primer) and this does not hold up. Kudos to improving the packing and offering different shades, but I will stick to the original.

Video Reviews & Tutorials