October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by lrinke218

I'm not going to go on about this product because it's nothing spectacular to me. It does in fact work for me. Better than anything else anyway, but I still don't have the results that I dream of!

You certainly get a lot of product so I think that it's reasonably priced. I have no complaints about the packaging. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase once it's finished.

I am set up to begin taking accutane next month so I am hoping that I will have no need for this sort of product anymore!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sadly this product did not live up the promises or the hype of other reviewers. I have redness on my cheeks and chin and after applying foundation and then this product over top, I saw no improvement. I also tried using this product alone Ė just on top of clean skin, and again no improvement. I am a PPP and was surprised that the yellow color of the powder does seem to blend into skin and not leave a yellow hue. However, this product just does not deliver the promised results, and for $32.50 you expect to see results. I also think that this powder made my skin even oilier (if this is possible). Needless to say I returned it to Clinique. I will also add that Iíve been fairly unhappy with all of my Clinique purchases, ranging from foundation to lip gloss. I think itís time to stop giving them my money and find a different make up line that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Kim_in_CA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I've given many products five stars before. I'm giving this one five stars too but I can say unequivocally this is the BEST five stars I've ever given. This powder is amazing. I have reactive redness and I'm pretty red most of the day. Once I put this powder on my skin cooled down and stayed that way all day. I even got a compliment on my skin--and I NEVER get compliments on my skin. This is a wonder product and I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by kikie99999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi everyone - I just joined Makeup Alley - awesome site!

I bought this powder from Clinique and was very disappointed. My first thought was "did they even try this on anyone with broken capillaries?". It works in much the same way as every other concealer or foundation I have works. I wear MAC's Mineralize Powder Foundation, and I found that covered my redness much better than the Clinique powder, and I found my MAC concealer covered even better. With the Clinique powder I was hoping for something I could brush on if I was running out and didn't want to do the foundation and/or concealer routine, but it isn't the miraculous product they say it is. It certainly did not make my broken capillaries "virtually disappear" as the product advertising says. Yeah it works a little - but no more and no different than any other foundation or concealer does. Shame on me for actually believing the hype on this one - I'm usually pretty skeptical. I will be returning this and thankfully made sure that was an option before I bought it. I think when I go back I'll have them try it on me just to make the point that it's a pretty ho-hum product.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim (which means I didn't check product reviews first). I saw it in a magazine - I have rosacea and use MetroGel prescribed by my derm and really wanted to try it. I currently use EM foundations b/c I have a bismuth sensitivity, but I wanted an alternative which calms redness when I don't want to wear foundation. The other reviews here said that this product contains bismuth, but the SA at Clinique told me it didn't, oh well! It hasn't caused a flare-up for me yet, so it must be in minuscule amounts. This yellow powder is very finely milled - it doesn't cake up no matter how many layers I build up. The yellow colour counteracts redness and makes my face matte, but doesn't cover up freckles. The thing I'm most impressed with is the 'instant relief' claim. It really works! Generally my rosacea patch on my right cheek burns quite a bit through the day. Something about this powder actually cools the skin and keeps it from getting warm. This was over $40 CDN but there is a lot in the package, I would recommend it to anyone with rosacea problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by geekgrl

This did not work for me. The brush sheds like a cheap dollar store brush. As someone said before, the brush in the ad does not look like the cheap crappy brush they give it. It also scratches my skin which is not what I wanna do when my skin is inflamed and red to begin with.

Anyway, now on to the powder. For the high price tag I was expecting a miracle or close to it. This is just yellow powder. It would take me a good half hour of applying this just to get my skin "pink". It is not as "natural" as they claim it to be as it's got all these extra chemicals in it that are really unnecessary. After layering this for a half hour and trying different brushes and a powder puff I gave up. I tried to like this. I tried 3 times to get it to work to no avail. It is a waste of the almost 40 bucks that I paid for it. It's just another powder to me. Yes, this contains bismuth ladies. Don't buy this crap. You can get better mineral makeup that would cover better then this without all the chemicals.

I returned it today and got my money back.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not quite sure how this works, or what is really IS exactly, but I've been totally fed up with mineral foundations, and foundations and powders of all kinds, for a while now (or ever since Clinique discontinued my HG City Stick in Creme 4 years ago). I've been trying a new one every couple of months and nothing seems to do what I want, really. I have oily, now getting slightly drier with age (finally!) very pale skin with a distinct yellow undertone. Any base with peach or pink in it (and they all do) tends to make my face look too pink against my neck and chest. Thanks to microdermabrasion and regular glycolic acid peels, my skin is thankfully clear and relatively pigmentation-free, but still I like something to even it out and neutralize the redness. So I bought this, not expecting much. But for some reason it's really working out! It's a very soft, fine yellow powder that puffs onto my face flawlessly. It doesn't leave any clumps of pigment nor does look "powdery", dry or weird. I like the idea of mineral powders but they can look weird and too shiny and leave me feeling oily by the end of the day. I apply this on top of sunscreen with a soft mini kabuki brush. Like I said, I don't know why but this seems to control my oil during the day, doesn't turn my face orange or peach, and seems to smooth out my skintone. To top it off, when I touch my skin during the day it feels incredibly soft. Is this stuff amazing, or is it too good to be true?
eta: I really love this stuff, so 5 stars. It's working for me. Controls oil beautifully during the day as well. Goodbye, foundation! I just wear this on top of sunscreen with a swipe of concealer under the eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have SUPER sensitive skin, with moderate (but persistant) redness around my nose and chin. I saw this on QVC and couldnít wait to try it, especially after reading the great reviews here! I snagged it from my local Macyís, but had a sense of dread as soon as I got home and read the ingredients. This contains chemicals Iím not familiar with, but also tetrasodium EDTA, mica, and the dreaded bismuth (I stopped using BE because of bismuth sensitivity, and just recently had to cut out EM for mica issues). But I thought, hey, itís ďlab testedĒ and Clinique is known for soothing sensitive skin, so Iíll give it a whirl.
Initial application: the included brush is dropping bristles and is pretty rough on my skin. Iím swirling and buffing the powder on, per the QVC demonstration. And Iím not seeing any change. I buff on a second layer, dabbing an extra bit on the monster zit that EM gave me. Immediately I feel the dry tightness that all MMUs give me. I let it go, thinking maybe that signaled the caffeine was constricting my veins or pores.
Forty min later: Iíve arrived at work, and I still have a red nose and chin, with my giant zit standing out like a beacon, but now I also look slightly sallow and a little sickly,. Iím still desperate for this to work, so I buff on another layer or two and enjoy the tight dry feeling again. After another ten minutes, my nose and chin start to tingle, itch, then burn. Because I was in a meeting, I had to live with the burning for 40 mins before I availed myself of a wet tissue and wiped this stuff off.
Final verdict: When Clinique meticulously tested this powder, they must not have included any subjects with bismuth sensitivity. I didnít see any change in the moderate redness I have, so itís not worth the suffering. I canít get this back to Macyís fast enough. But Iím glad itís working for some of you ladies!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by BetsyC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whoa! This really works. I have very rosy, sensitive, reactive skin and like another reviewer, saw this advertised in Allure this month. When the Clinique SA applied it, I could immediately see a remarkable difference. I didn't even wait to see how it felt, or if it itched- I just snapped it up, no questions asked! If I experience any problems, I will certainly update my review, but I am thrilled with the results. Definitely HG status!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Winter27996

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product this morning, after waiting patiently for it to be released in Canada. But it was well worth the wait. I love the effect that it has on my skin. Soothing, and light enough that it doesn't age me ten years by settling into my fine lines or pores. The yellow base colour works wonders. I'm really happy. It's well worth the price.

UPDATE: I've been using this for about 6 months now, and I still love it. I can wear it as a loose poweder over the top of my makeup, and it sets it all day. OR I can even wear it WITHOUT makeup.

That's right! Me, with my crappy, rosacea prone skin, can go makeup-less!! I just apply the redness relief green primer, allow it to dry for about 5 minutes, and then dust the powder on. It looks GREAT!

The only thing that I WILL say is that the brush that came with it SUCKED. I've been using a brush that I got with my Mabeline mineral powder, and, whilst not being the GREATEST quality, works quite well.

I still have not even used a more than a quarter of this powder, so as far as value for money is concerned, I think it speaks for itself =)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No