January 31, 2015 | 2062 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the fact that this mascara doesn't smudge, unfortunately it makes my lashes look stick-like (as other MUA reviewers wrote). I'm going to keep looking for my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara because I heard many good reviews. They said that with this mascara your lashes look like false etc but to be honest I wasn't impressed at all! I was expecting something much better than this. It gives me volume but not much length.. I haven't tried to get it off with warm water but i comes off soooo hard with my waterproof make up remover. It doesn't desolve and comes off into little pieces which I find disgusting!! I definitely won't buy this mascara again. I expected more but I was disappointed...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's fantastic.

I like how it doesn't smudge, and comes of with warm water.
It does lengthen my lashes a tad, but doesn't give it that much volume.

Also I find that you have to apply the mascara while the primer is still wet if not it won't go on as smoothly.

Overall I think it's a great mascara for lengthening.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update: After using this for a month, I really don't like it. It adds very little volume and actually is a bit difficult to remove every last bit of it. Also, if it gets into your eyes it stings! Bummer

For lengthening this is great. But it is really difficult to get any volume. Because it's only for lengthening however, there is no flaking at all and really no smudging either. The removal process is actually kind of fun, it comes off stringy and you don't have to rub the skin under your eyes at all which is fantastic. Overall good for a natural look for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by juliaaa123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I am not a huge fan of this mascara.. I liked the application of the primer and the mascara did make my lashes look longer. The mascara did not provide as much volume as I would have liked.

That however, is not my complaint about this product - I found it impossible to remove! I hated having to rub off the "tubes" it left on your lashes.. Even with make-up remover I found I still had mascara remnants on my eyes..

I'd rather spend a bit more money and stick to my lancome mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara REALLY lengthened, but the trick seems to be to get the black on while the white is still wet. I let the white dry by accident once and it was really hard to get the black to go on later and it didn't have any lengthening effect. So, depending on your application speed, this mascara can be either great, or rotten!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think this is great for lengthening. No flaking, minimal clumping. You really have to have skilled hands to apply. Make sure to cover the white coat adequately. I don't think this will be my mascara that I go back to time and again. I need something that provides volume. I will keep looking for the perfect mascara but I may come back to this once and awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by diotima133

I used to buy a separate mascara base (Shiseido or Kanebo), but I've been looking for more affordable alternatives (and I do need a base; otherwise, my lashes droop). This product has performed nicely thus far. My lashes look noticeably longer, but they also look very natural. (Don't expect to get much volume from this.) The first time I washed it off, I was freaked out by the creepy black tubes. But whereas other mascaras may still leave some residue even after using an oil-based remover or Pond's cold cream, L'Oreal's Double Extend washes off clean without makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if I just don't have the hang of this mascara yet, but boy! does this mascara kind of suck. It doesn't volumize at all. It hardly lengthens either.
Edit: I changed the rating from a 2 to a 5. I should wait a few weeks now until I review on mascaras. They always seem to be too wet at first to really tell what kind of mascara it is. It doesn't smudge at all and does all the things I thought it wouldn't do before. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 6 weeks now. My lashes are fairly long already, so this makes them REEEALLY long! It took a couple of times to get the hang of how much primer to put on and that, yes, you do need to do one eye at a time, but the outcome is VERY nice! Oh, and it holds a curl beautifully, too.

I tried putting the primer on my lower lashes, but it was awkward, so I just use it on my uppers.

Removal is easy. I use a good makeup remover and get them nice and wet (with warm water) and then just gently pull them off.

I will definitely purchase this again...