August 28, 2014 | 1129 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lotustempest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

you want naturally muted lips with a touch of pink;like when you blush,then this is what you need. i have bought this seven times and will have it as long as revlon makes it. a touch up is easy with this and whether you apply it sneaking amidst a crowd,you need not worry being hard or soft on applying it.whether soft or hard it still shows and is never less and never 'too much'. a touch of nude gloss over it;you'll rock.but it is definitely has no staying power like mac;though it still coats like a concealer.but with half the price of mac you cannot expect more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by metdiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been hunting for this color for such a long time. I finally found it and ON SALE! I normally don't buy DS brand lippie's but everyone loves it so I gave it a shot. It is a beautiful color. I was nervous it would be to mauvey and wash me out. NOT SO! It is beautiful! Not mauve as the name says. Beautiful natural looking color. Thank you for all of the great reviews to get me to buy this! WOOP!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just got this on sale (thank goodness) and I do NOT like it. I know that mattes are generally drying but this was pretty extreme. I was really disappointed in the color of the lipstick. It's nothing like the mauves I like but instead leans toward brown. It's not an ugly color just not what I wanted. It's going back!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by starimpulse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not Mauve but still pretty. I'm really fair and it creates a nice natural look on me. It's not too bright or too dark, just kind of perfect. I just don't like the dry feeling it gives me on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful color! I'm NC25 and this looks great on me. It doesn't wash me out or make me look.... blah at all :)
The formula is a tad bit drying, but nothing a little lip balm can't fix! I really do like this, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by briestoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this baby at Biglots for like 65 cents , I WISH with all my heart I had gotten there sooner , but I will be looking out for their 90% off sale again this spring . This is a beautiful nude on me . I agree with everyone else , either we makeup mavens are ALL WRONG about Mauve or Revlon has bumped thier heads on the name of this color . It is a pinky brown on me . Very pretty , very sexy nude lip , I love it .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by peblet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a pretty, warm nude that makes me look natural and fresh for YEARS! I have cool undertones and am fair/medium skinned (NC30) so as you can imagine, it's difficult for me to find a lipstick that doesn't turn pink on me. Often, nudes without pink make me look pale and tired rather than fresh and natural.

After reading the reviews (esp about the colour), I decided to try it out (thanks ladies!). Don't be fooled by the name, there is nothing mauve about this colour. In fact, it's a pretty, warm, nude/peach that warms up my skin tone and makes me look fresh while still maintaining a natural look. It's exactly what I've been looking for all these years. Although this is a matte lipstick (expectation is that it will be incredibly dry) it actually feels moist-ish. By no means is it a moisturizing lipstick but for a matte lipstick, I was impressed that it didn't dry out my lips. For best results I do recommend applying a touch of lip balm prior to applying this lipstick, although it's not a super drying matte, it's still a matte lipstick! The packaging is sleek and simple. This is a lipstick that I would absolutely purchase again without any hesitation. I hope they don't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on clearance for CVS for $2. It is a pinky brown matte on me if I just wear a little. If I layer more on it looks more peachy. I can wear it with balm and brown liner and pull it off as a matte, but I like glossy lips so I wear clear gloss and liner and it makes a really nice nude lip. The color is called Mauve It Over, but I don't see any mauve in this lippie. I am NW 45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

this produce is simply amazing. On me it looks like a matte nudish lipstick with a bit of mauve to it. It's strange to explain because I'm noticing it looks different on different people so you may have to just try it for yourself, but I'm very pick with my lipsticks and I do love this lippy! give it a try! and by the way I tried once before nude attitude and I HATED the formula and this formula is very nice compared to that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has nothing to do with my idea of mauve. It's a browned-down warm pink shade, one of the best MLBBs I've ever used. If you look bad in warm shades I would stay away from this one. The formula is great, smooth and creamy, and drying, sure, but no more than any other matte.