July 30, 2014 | 1487 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by starimpulse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not Mauve but still pretty. I'm really fair and it creates a nice natural look on me. It's not too bright or too dark, just kind of perfect. I just don't like the dry feeling it gives me on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful color! I'm NC25 and this looks great on me. It doesn't wash me out or make me look.... blah at all :)
The formula is a tad bit drying, but nothing a little lip balm can't fix! I really do like this, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by briestoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found this baby at Biglots for like 65 cents , I WISH with all my heart I had gotten there sooner , but I will be looking out for their 90% off sale again this spring . This is a beautiful nude on me . I agree with everyone else , either we makeup mavens are ALL WRONG about Mauve or Revlon has bumped thier heads on the name of this color . It is a pinky brown on me . Very pretty , very sexy nude lip , I love it .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by peblet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a pretty, warm nude that makes me look natural and fresh for YEARS! I have cool undertones and am fair/medium skinned (NC30) so as you can imagine, it's difficult for me to find a lipstick that doesn't turn pink on me. Often, nudes without pink make me look pale and tired rather than fresh and natural.

After reading the reviews (esp about the colour), I decided to try it out (thanks ladies!). Don't be fooled by the name, there is nothing mauve about this colour. In fact, it's a pretty, warm, nude/peach that warms up my skin tone and makes me look fresh while still maintaining a natural look. It's exactly what I've been looking for all these years. Although this is a matte lipstick (expectation is that it will be incredibly dry) it actually feels moist-ish. By no means is it a moisturizing lipstick but for a matte lipstick, I was impressed that it didn't dry out my lips. For best results I do recommend applying a touch of lip balm prior to applying this lipstick, although it's not a super drying matte, it's still a matte lipstick! The packaging is sleek and simple. This is a lipstick that I would absolutely purchase again without any hesitation. I hope they don't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on clearance for CVS for $2. It is a pinky brown matte on me if I just wear a little. If I layer more on it looks more peachy. I can wear it with balm and brown liner and pull it off as a matte, but I like glossy lips so I wear clear gloss and liner and it makes a really nice nude lip. The color is called Mauve It Over, but I don't see any mauve in this lippie. I am NW 45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

this produce is simply amazing. On me it looks like a matte nudish lipstick with a bit of mauve to it. It's strange to explain because I'm noticing it looks different on different people so you may have to just try it for yourself, but I'm very pick with my lipsticks and I do love this lippy! give it a try! and by the way I tried once before nude attitude and I HATED the formula and this formula is very nice compared to that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has nothing to do with my idea of mauve. It's a browned-down warm pink shade, one of the best MLBBs I've ever used. If you look bad in warm shades I would stay away from this one. The formula is great, smooth and creamy, and drying, sure, but no more than any other matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by rubyice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't trust this name! Nothing mauve about it. This is a matte muted apricot, with some pink and light caramel tones. Great for all warm skin tones up to GGG. Darker skin tones can use this a nude. It looks like a matte version of the shade Dianna Agron wears here: http://ohemgeeblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/people-have-spoken.html. Scroll down ladies. Formula is great. Lasts a few hours. No taste, no smell. Fantastic bargain at $2. If Bobbi Brown made it (this is a very vBB shade) it would cost $22! This would look great with Nars Deep Throat or MAC Margin blush. Warm neutral or coppery eyes would also suit.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. It was 75% off at CVS so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm an NC42 and this looks like a pinky nude on me. For a matte I thought it had a nice texture. I will be repurchasing. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Mintypink

I have yellow undertones in my skin and my lips a slightly darker than this color. This lipstick looks very natural with my skin tone and applies smoothly. The packaging is also quite nice, it has a clear plastic top so that when you look straight down at the lipstick, you can see the actual product inside. The rest of the tube looks quite chic as well.