August 1, 2014 | 1937 users online

Concealers - Almay - Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Excella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealor covers very well and lasts pretty much most of the day. It's OK--it can look a little cakey or too yellow on my fair skin. I like it just fine for now, but I'm still searching for my HG concealor.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 11:26:00 AM More reviews by fayeleah7

I have been using this concealer for years!!! Love it.. Got my sister and best friend using it. We do not use it under eyes but for spot concealing...which it is great...bc it DOES not come off!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2004 12:57:00 AM More reviews by MkChic

It's an ok concealer. It doesn't last very long and the color "light" seems too yellow even for my asian skin. It won't conceal a big zit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by katlynel

I'm not normally an Almay fan, and I was impressed with this stuff (got it as part of a BOGOF). It really does last all day and stays where you put it. It tends to look a bit dry especially when paired with powder and it won't give you heavy coverage, but it's great for light to medium coverage. The range of colors leaves something to be desired, but Light looks great with my light, yellow-undertoned skin. A concealer that stays in place is a treasure. **UPDATE: I'm growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that this just won't cover what I want it to cover. It stays where I put it and it lessens the appearance of the blemish, but it doesn't really cover it right, plus it can look like a big dot of dried concealer. **UPDATE 2: OK, the trick is to use a concealer brush, which makes this about 100 times better. This stuff sets in about 60 seconds, so make sure you apply it one blemish at a time. The staying power is awesome; I used it to cover a bruise, forgot to wash the area in the shower, and the concealer was still there after the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2004 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Garima

This product was recommended by members of MUA and I thought why not give it a try .I have some blemishes from previous pimples ,so when I applied it ,after my complete makeup ,my facelooked great ,withoutany blemishes .And also I received compliments .I highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 4:41:00 AM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I won't buy this again. Although it delays the creasing of e/s for two hours or so, it does nothing for my undereyes. And i rarely wear e/s anyway. I got it in medium and it is waaay too pale & noticeable on my tanned skin. It also accentuates dry ares under my eye - which I never knew i had! it just looked all flakey and weird. im just hoping the dry patches are due to incompatible bases of this and my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2004 7:16:00 PM More reviews by naughtiikisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. It works for me. I don't have a lot to hide but after that time of month, I have fading scars. This helps significantly. It seems a little too light in consistency, which kind of worried me b/c I am used to a more heavier coverage but it does stay on pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2004 8:18:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer-- one of the best for the buck! I use Light on my LLL/FFF skin. I am also quite acne prone and this doesn't make me break out at all. This concealer doesn't work on new, inflamed breakouts (for that, I use a heavier concealer like Mary Kay in Yellow), but it works beautifully on fading acne scars (which is what I have most of the time). I also don't care for the wand type application... too unsanitary. I would prefer a tube or a pump. However, this is a definite repurchase for me b/c it works for me 95% of the time and the color is super! Nice and yellow based!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2004 7:42:00 AM More reviews by sueo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer--it is well pigmented and the colour is just perfect for my medium skintone. It can seem dry, but it is not a problem if you use over moisturiser (try Obagi Action for a great oil-free moisturiser). I also use the Light shade as eye makeup base,and to slim my nose. I've been using it for 3 years now and have never found anything to beat it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Elyse

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is pretty good. it is not super-pigmented, but this is kind of good for undereye circles (no reverse racoon eyes). it is smooth going on, but definitely dry looking under the eyes. this would be a 3 if it wasn't "amazing lasting". it is just really nice to not have my concealor melt off, and the dryness can be alleviated by a bit of eye cream. not spectacular but a good buy for the price.