October 21, 2014 | 1545 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Same thing as CG Lash Blast! Same packaging, diff brand name but same company..come on Max Factor...seriously.. be a little less obvious!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by alising3248

Oh holy buhjeesus. This is probably closest to an HG that I have found.

It really does give you gorgeous looking lashes-thick, long, defined and separated. They are jet-black, too, which is sometimes a problem as other mascaras are more grey or charcoaley than black. The only problem is that i get a LITTLE bit of flaking sometimes, not enough to hinder my use (because it really is a fabulous mascara!) but just enough to bother me. But other than that, seriously ladies. Run out and get this stuff because it is FABULOUS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy crap, I love this! I can't compare it to CG, because I usually hate their mascara formulas. It's a huge black bottle with a blue stripe. The brush is freaking HUGE! I haven't tried this by itself, I use it in tandem with my HG L'oreal Voluminous. I use my HG first, but the brush to that sucks, so after the first application. I use this mascara to "comb through" my wet lashes. It does a great job at separating lashes, and gives my eyelashes extra volume. This hasn't flaked either, which is a nice bonus. I look like I have false eyelashes. I love it, and I will be buying this again. Since this is my secondary HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by xcoastergrlx08

I had been waiting for this mascara since I saw it on Blush! When I bought it (9.99 is not a bad price) i panicked thinking it was going to be just a glamorized Lash Blast (same company, same brush, same bottle) but it is so much better! Its wetter than the Lash Blast and really pumps up my lashes! Its also the perfect finishing touch for a smokey eye. So far I haven't tried to curl my lashes and use this because it seems to be all the umph my lashes need to curl themselves!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new HG! Thank you Mua for the terrific reviews, they were absolutely correct. This mascara brings out lashes that I never have even seen before and makes me look like I have thousands of lashes. It has awesome volume, which I prefer to length because I wear glasses. I usually prefer small mascara brushes, but this larger one is able to grab and volumize even my smallest baby lashes in the corners. I still rated this 5 lipsticks because it is so awesome, even though after 6 hours, I get slight raccoon eyes. But that can be easily taken care of if I plan to go out at night. It also removes easily, I use the gentle cleanser Cetaphil mixed with a little sweet almond oil. I also bought the waterproof formula and will use that on long or hot days. This mascara is just about $10.00 USD. This replaces my former HG, which was Max Couture and NYX doll eye volume.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by RoseViolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara. Thick lashes with just one coat. The closest thing to tarte's lash camera lashes. $10.00 is a little steep for d/s mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just tried ths mascara today and i LOVE IT!!! It is REALLY easy to put on, no clumps at all. Its not a really wet formula so i don't get it all over my eye lids. The first coat gave me good volume and length, then i put the second coat on after the first coat dryed and it gave me LOTS of volume and length with still no clumps at all.. i didnt need to seperate my eye lashs after i used this, which usually i need to. i like the dramatic look when it comes to mascara and this def gave me what i wanted. i havent taken it off yet so i am not sure yet how easily it comes off, so i will have to update and let yall know. this is def my new HG for now on, i was using almay volume mascara but this is my new one. my mom even asked me what mascara i was using, she said it looked really good! if you want dramatic lashs then you def need to try this its the best!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara! I'm also a fan of the regular 2000 Calorie stuff, but I like the brush of this one a lot better. The color is really black: I got the "extreme black" and it's beautiful. I look for volume rather than length from a mascara, and this delivered. Definitely comes in a tube EXACTLY like Lash Blast, but for me that was a good thing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This product, as others have mentioned, is very similar to CG Lash Blast. The only difference is that the bristles on the 2000 Calorie are a little longer, and the brush is more tapered, so it's a tiny bit easier to get to those lower and outer corner lashes. But, it's the same chubby tube (but in black instead of orange)

What I like about this is the Extreme Blackout color is a gorgeous, deep black. Also, this does volumize my lashes quite well, and also leaves my lashes feeling soft to the touch. I can use 2 coats without clumping. There are no smudgies or flakes (so far -- I've only had this for a couple weeks), and it is fairly easy to remove. IHowever, I do find that it does not lengthen as well as I would like, unfortunately, and thus does not give the "false lash effect" that all the other ladies are speaking of. (By the way, Gisele, as the latest Max Factor model, said that this gives her the false lash effect... guess you need to actually have it to work it - LOL.) Also, it made my curl sag a little bit, even though I only used 2 coats, so it should not have weighed my lashes down that much. For those 2 minor complaints, I am taking off 1 lippie.

For reference, I have short, thin eyelashes that need all the help I can get. Still, of all the mascaras I have ever tried, the only ones that truly give me a dramatic effect are Dior Show and YSL Faux Cils. *sighhhhhh* continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found this at Walmart, of all places. I almost didn't buy it because it was just under ten bucks, but it's one of my few current lemmings so what the heck. Well, talk about dramatic lashes! It did clump a bit and I had to bust out my lash comb, but overall the effect is truly impressive. It's the next best thing to false lashes which I could never get a hang of. I feel like Marilyn Monroe. Great product, but I wish the tube was smaller. It kept falling out of my hand.