December 19, 2014 | 1516 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation. And, let me open by saying I am a foundation junkie. My love of foundation (and collection of) is second only to my love/collection of blush. Even when I have a holy grail foundation (like I do in Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric), I'm still on the search for another beloved foundation. I usually try high end ones like Guerlain, YSL, etc. and others like MUFE or MAC and LM and BB. A lot of those run too dark for me, unfortunately.

After trying (and liking ) two of the Maybelline mousse foundations (the Smooth and the Matte), I decided to try Cover Girl's Simply Ageless. This looked interesting in the drugstore because of the white swirls in it. I used Cover Girl Clean Makeup when I was a teen, but I haven't used Cover Girl makeup in decades (although I did try Clean Makeup a few years ago out of curiosity but ended up swapping it away). So I decided to try this one, and I am so glad I did. It truly rivals my high end foundations. It's lovely. Applies easily with a sponge (I don't get as good results with my fingers or a brush as I do with a sponge -- the one included works fine), gives a glowy but natural finish, wears well. It also feels good on my skin. You can't say that about a lot of foundations.

I'm fair (NW15), but I didn't need to order a darker shade in order for it to work well for me. I ordered the lightest shade, and I wish they had an even lighter shade. But shade 205 worked well for me. Normally I wear sunscreen under all foundations, even foundations with SPF in them because you'd have to layer on foundation to get decent protection. But on overcast days when I'm staying inside, I've worn this without sunscreen under it, and it wears really well. This is the only foundation I have that I will actually wear without sunscreen under it (although I only do that on rare occasions). I've also worn it with suncreen under it, and it wears really well that way, too.

Normally, as has been posted below, foundations that claim SPF protection, do not have stable broad spectrum protection but only have some minor UVB protection. This has titanium dioxide in it (not a super high percentage, but decent for a foundation) and provides stable, broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection. That's an added bonus in this product.

I never thought I'd say I love a drugstore foundation (I've gotten so used to using HE foundations and lemming only HE foundations), but I love this. This has prompted me to want to try other drugstore foundations, so L'Oreal Magic Smooth is the next one in my rotation. I like both the Maybelline Smooth Mousse and the Maybelline Matte Mousse, but this Covergirl Simply Ageless Foundation beats both Maybelline foundations for me. It also beats a lot of my high end foundations.

As for the packaging, I agree with others that it can be confusing at first. It took me a few days to get used to it and to be able to automatically open it without thinking about it. It seems like it opens upside down. Both sides seem to open upside down, if that makes sense. But it's practical enough (seals tight), and I like that the sponge is in a separate compartment.

I HIGHLY recommend this. I was also going to get this for my mother because I think she'll like it, too, and we have very similar coloring. I recently got Laura Mercier's newish Creme Smooth Foundation in Blush Ivory, but it didn't wear well on me for some reason. At first I was going to swap it, but I gave it to my mother (so glad I did), and she is LOVING it. She doesn't use a million different foundations like I do but tends to stick to one product she loves. So she wants me to hold off on buying her CG Simply Ageless for a while, but I will definitely keep using and buying it for me and pushing it on others b/c it still surprises me how much I love this foundation. I'm glad Ellen has helped raise this product's profile because it's deserving of the love -- and the use. This is one of my all-time favorite foundations, and that is saying a LOT. Try it! You may love it like I do.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hannahhhwong

I have been using this product for about a year, nearly every day, and it's almost used up.

This product is great for younger skin (i'm 27 with few wrinkles). My skin is dry in the winter, so this creme foundation is perfect. Even during the summer, when my skin is oiler, this foundation works, but stays better with setting powder.

The product goes smoothly onto my skin. The only downside is that the pad is difficult to get to (you have to flip the lid on the other side).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by bellagiancana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! I've been trying for years to find something that wouldn't accentuate how dry my skin is and on the almost hopeless hunt to get as close to my skin color as possible. I was about to go and spend $55 on Chanel Teint foundation & found this while at the drug store kind of haphazardly looking for a bargain. I decided to give it a go, not expecting much out of it to be honest.

-It goes on creamy and easily; glided across my skin
-It didnt look cakey & I'd venture to say that EVERY single foundation, whether it was powder, cream to powder, mousse foundation, etc has always looked cakey; not this one.
-It didn't feel heavy
-Coverage was awesome; redness has always been a problem for me; this covered it up quite nicely without feeling heavy
-My skin felt nice wearing it; I know some other people had 'drying' problems with it; not me..maybe because my skin is fairly dry already so the foundation felt hydrating??
-I didn't need to put a lot of it on; a little went a long way.
-It stayed on very well, even after eating

I think I've finally found a foundation I can be faithful to and it doesn't cost an arm & a leg!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation!!! I had used Bare Minerals before but I have very dry skin and so a powder foundation doesn't look right on me. This foundation is very creamy and doesn't look fake or make my face look cakey. I usually use my moisturizer, the foundation, blush and then I use a corrector powder to set the cream and it looks wonderful. I have found my HG foundation!! I do have to say though that ghetto sponge it comes with sucks. Other than that it is well worth the money and stays on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dizzied

In my opinion, this foundation is wonderful. I recently ran out & have been trying to use my other foundations before I buy a new one. Nothing that I have (high end & drugstore) compares to this foundation for me. My other foundations seem to creep into places I don't want it. I'm not sure if the swirly "serum" is a gimmick, but I find that this product does not highlight my winter flakies like other foundations do. It also doesn't give a shiny finish, but makes my skin appear healthy. The product also feels a bit cool when applied. I will definetly repurchase, but I wish there was a little more in the container for the price because it definetly doesn't last long & I use it pretty lightly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this! I read tons of reviews before hand, and I love Covergirl, so I was really excited! I do like this product a lot, but I am still on the search for an HG foundation. (So far this and the CG oil control liquid are the best I've found!) I am pretty fair, and everyone was saying how light this foundation is. Well, it was still too dark for me. Basically this is this product in a nutshell:
PROS:
- easy to apply
- covers redness, pimples, capillaries
- has sunscreen in it
- doesn't look cakey
- has a good finish
- the color match is pretty close
- doesn't clog pores AS LONG AS YOU WASH IT OFF COMPLETELY AT NIGHT!
-Buildable coverage, but you don't need a lot

CONS:
- doesn't wash off easily at all! I have to really work to get this off, and it does cause little whiteheads if you don't wash it properly!!
-It comes off on tissues when you blow your nose, so it's not super transfer resistant.
-Color match isn't perfect
- The sponge it comes with is round and kind of awkward, I would recommend a cosmetic wedge sponge instead.

This is a great product, but the main thing I don't like about it is how hard it is to get off. But it's so quick and easy to put on, so it makes mornings a breeze. I really like this product, but it's a bit pricey. I might buy it again, because I really do like it, but I'll probably just stick with the CG oil control liquid because it's cheaper and easier to wash off and use this stuff occassionally.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First thing first: this foundation gives UNBELIEVABLE finish. For the first time I had flawless face! The coverage is great. The look is natural.
So why only 3 lippies?
The foundation broke me badly with an awful underskin cysts.
After an hour I was as shiny as the church shoes of the little girl.
After 4 hours the foundation was totally gone living me with my far from perfect natural skin.
The quantity of the product is ridicolous. I cannot believe my eyes when the sponge hit the bottom.
Overall this is the first foundation that gives me this perfect finish. I guess it is good for some special occasions, when the pimples next day will be the price to pay for few hours of perfect look. Plus you will have to fight with a shine and a lack of coverage after few hours but will woman not do to look like a dream...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cvdaniels

Awesome product. Gives great coverage and hides fine lines. I do wear a primer with it. I was very impressed with this product. Like it better than my Lancome or Estee Lauder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Ivory and it matches my very pale skin OK but not great. It's pale enough, BUT it's a little too pink...***I wish CoverGirl would wake up and make more shades with a yellow undertone instead of pink and orange.*** It goes on easily and blends well, you don't need to use a whole lot to get good coverage. I wouldn't call it a cream..it's odd..it's like a gel and cream together. I have pink marks and redness from past acne and this covers pretty well without feeling/looking heavy. I'd say you could make it anywhere from light to full coverage..patting it on makes it fuller coverage. I have large pores on my t-zone and this doesn't settle into them. It's expensive for a drugstore brand..the cheapest I've seen it reg price was $16.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The comment below about "how many people have been PAID by Cover Girl to write a positive review" is pretty presumptuous and goofy. Foundations work differently for different skin types. My HG foundation is the Eve Pearl, HD Dual Foundation. I tried this foundation a week ago and have been using it ever since! I love what it does to my skin! It is one of the only, drug store foundations that doesn't settle into my fine lines or wrinkles! I love love love it! It lasts all day for me too. I have combo skin that is somewhat acne prone and use this over a primer (Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel)..it blends so effortlessly, finger application works just fine! As with all make up products, a sparing application is the key..the more minimal, the better when it comes to foundations. The coverage to this little gem is medium - full. I live in Texas and it's held up time and time again to the weather here. Granted, we're in the cooler seasons..but anyone in Texas will tell you the same thing...it never really gets "cold" in Texas. This doesn't oxidize much on me, I believe, because I always wear my primer when I wear make up. The primer seals in my moisturizer and seals OUT my foundation..keeping the oil from mixing with my applied make up. My HG cream foundation from the drugstore is the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse but this one gives it a run for its money. I would say I like them about the same for different reasons..though the palest shade in this foundation matches me more than the Smooth Mousse's lightest shade. Also, the finish is more matte than the Smooth Mousse. I'm so glad I tried this product! I love it lots! Highly recommended!

xoxoxo