April 18, 2014 | 1598 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by angelicautrey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the simply ageless product in soft honey color #255, and per other users instructions bought a shade darker than I thought that I would need, and it is still too light, get two shades darker and you will probably get it right, you have to use the primer with this for it to apply evenly, without it , it will stick to the dry parts of your face. The primer is the key to even application.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my endless search for the my HG foundation, I reluctantly gave this a shot. I have always considered Cover Girl to be a young line but the "Ageless" promo made be give it try.
I have read numerous reviews referring to this as a "mask". Well, they were right. That's how it looks on me, like a cement mask. Finding the right color is a challenge, also.
I tried the entire line....blush, concealer....not happy there either.
I have oily skin and this is masky on me, I can only imagine how this looks on those with dry skin.
My assumption is that they made this a challenge to open to prevent people opening the container in the store and trying it out before they buy it. I've seen people doing this with other DS lines.
So my ENDLESS search continues.......OY

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Never in a million years would I have thought that this foundation would be holy grail material, but it is. I bought three shades darker than I typically would buy and it's perfect (thanks to a reviewer's suggestion). Covers my 40-something sensitive skin like a dream. No accentuated pores or skin flakiness. Not too mate, but not too dewy. Buildable, but not mask-like. Blends beautifully. I haven't had any problems with the packaging as I've read on other reviews. I can see where a better makeup sponge would work nicely, but the one provided is convenient and works fine. I usually use a primer, but I don't need to with Simply Ageless. I've tried dozens and dozens of foundations--both drugstore and high-end this is the best drugstore foundation by far. It's $15, but always on sale somewhere.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've tried the gamut of foundations, from liquid to powder to mineral to cream to powder, and always felt every single product overemphasized my pores, even with a primer before applying. On a lark last night at Walgreen's, I decided to try CG Simply Ageless foundation and concealer. Following the advice of the reviews here on MUA, I went 2 shades darker than I would normally buy. I got home, washed my face and tried it. PERFECTION! I used my DHC Velvet primer, and then applied the foundation with my brush. It covered all of my little skin imperfections (sun spots, a couple of broken capillaries where my nose is pierced, etc.), and works so well with the DHC primer that my skin looks pore-free. While it's a little pricey for a DS/CG product, and providing it doesn't make my sensitive skin break out after a few days, this is my new HG of foundations. P.S.: I didn't have any problems opening the container at all, so perhaps they've modified it since the initial ones were sent out to Bzzagents, etc. I fully intend to keep this foundation on hand at all times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought 2 of these because the colors are a lot lighter than they seem. I thought I'd just save the lighter on for winter time. I use a stipple brush with this foundation and it looks flawless. If feels great on my skin and looks even better. It covers so well. And it makes my skin so soft. I use this in conjunction with the ageless corrector. I'm only 30, but my age is getting up there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was awhile trying this foundation as I felt it was marketed towards more mature skin and my 28 year old skin is a bit on the moody, immature side at the moment with excessive oiliness and frequent acne flare up's. I didn't want to feed the fire, so to speak. But this didn't cause a break out, my tonal unevenness was taken care of without a thick layer of product and my skin was left feeling moisturized and supple after all my makeup had been removed. The packaging is original and sturdier than the traditional plastic compact and seems to preserve the integrity of the product. Like most cream compact foundations, Simply Ageless has never "perspired" after a few days of non-use. The one down side for me is the sponge. The disk sponge is ideal for this formula, but of course after a few washes it's in pretty hard shape. Cover Girl does not carry replacement sponges. As sponges can be found at most Sally locations and other discount beauty retailers, it's a pretty small gripe. :)

Cheers to Cover Girl and Olay for this collaboration.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently reviewed Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse, which I said I liked well enough to purchase again. Didn't love it, I do like it. Unfortunately I would have to order it, our NEX doesn't carry Maybelline at all. I decided to check out the reviews on the CoverGirl/Olay Simply Ageless because our NEX does, in fact, carry a whopping 4 or 5 shades of this. Despite mixed reviews I tried it anyway.
I was expecting, based on not-so-great reviews, to open a thick, pasty, impossible to blend foundation. I swatches it with my finger...smooth, I swatched it on my arm to see the color, I thought I was going to hate it. My color generally is NW25 mixed with NC25, more NC in the winter, more NW or straight NW in the summer. I bought 235 MediumLight, I stopped self-tanning and this is the BEST color match I've ever had, EVER! Even if it weren't, I'd make it work.
This foundation, on me, 44, dry skin (not flaky), broken capillaries, sun damage...covers much better than the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse, which I do like. I had absolutely no problem whatsoever applying this foundation (used the e.l.f. powder brush), and it blended beautifully. The Maybelline is so light that you truly don't feel it on your skin, it's great for those days when you just need to even out but I like coverage. This is not as light but it is in no way heavy(Mac Studio Tech, StudioFix Fluid). It's not cakey, it doesn't make me look as though I'm wearing litres of foundation (Estee Lauder DW), it does not settle in to lines, I've heard some say it's drying? I have dry skin, I know dry, this is not dry on me at all, not even a tiny bit. It's really odd to look in the mirror after all these years of trying out foundations and see what appears to be really great skin without the heaviness of the typical medium+ coverage of most foundations. I absolutely love this, it might be my last foundation. This is my 3rd DS foundation, I have used countless HE, and I've loved a few over the years but this is hands down my favorite. It's amazing! I will buy it over and over and over again. Looking forward to trying the primer and concealer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation...and this is coming from someone that has literally 14 different brands of foundation in my makeup drawer. I don't know the color I have right off hand, but it goes on so smooth and lasts all day. I LOVE the moisturizing strip with it although I was a little concerned since I'm more oily these days. I do use MK oil mattifier underneath this, and am very impressed. I will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am just SO lucky the drug store reimbursed me for this dog of a product!
I had no idea that the colour I chose would be so light and pale once it mixed with the white streak in the pan.
Of course, Cover Girl had NO testers. Too cheap, I guess or purhaps they feared people would not buy it once they tried it.

What a waste of my time. What a poor product. No way you can balance out the white streak vs creme foundation at all so its very uneven.

AVOID this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by yeomans80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! I never liked wearing any since all of the foundations I've tried made my skin feel dirty, decided to give this one a try and I'm so glad I did. It goes on smooth and it stay all day long without the dirty feeling, It matches my skin perfectly (got it in Classic Beige) and is mosturizing, doen't feel like you have anything on. I do have an oily t-zone but with a little powder to set the foundation the problem is solved! Will buy again.