Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 4/3/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond in search of the popular "Ballet Slippers" because I needed a neutral color for an upcoming interview. It was sold out of course, so I browsed the other neutral light pink shades. My boyfriend actually helped me choose this out of 3 others I was considering! I love this color! I usually wear more vivid colors but this one is just growing on me! I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. It goes with everything and makes a great clean, polished look. I put on 3 coats and then a top coat of Orly Sec N Dry and it lasted all week with no chips! The only reason I had to take it off was to repaint my fast growing nails! Will definitely buy again if I ever run out!

on 3/24/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I had the same experience with this polish that the other reviewers have had. It's a pretty color, though I need 3 coats for it to show up (2 coats and it still looks like clear polish to me). No big deal, though, since I don't have to worry too much about the manicure being perfect since this is a sheer, light color. However, as much as I like how it looks, this polish chips ridiculously easily. It has a rubbery (jelly?) consistency, and even after trying 2 different base coats and applying Seche Vite on top, it chips for me after less than a day of wearing it. This is very frustrating. Also, it will peel off in large chunks. I would not repurchase, and this is probably the last time I'll wear the polish.

on 3/21/2011 2:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Makes your nails look milky. You can see your tips through but not that much if you use 3-4 coats. Perfect for manicures if you add white for tips. Love it!

on 3/10/2011 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This color is a classic. I used to wear it all the time when I was into pinks, especially the pastel shades.

It does streak a bit, so I always used 3 coats for smoothest coverage - I like my manicures to be opaque & Essie tends to be sheer. Essie makes a nice selection of light pinks.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers on this shade. Makes my nails look natural in a pretty way, doesn't streak, only need 2 coats.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this bottle twice, because it's my go to for when I need a manicured nail without having to commit to a color. It's completely neutral, with the whitest pink, that you would have to layer maybe three coats to see. The picture appears a lot pinker than the polish really is.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this nail polish! Perfect for french manicure!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely my favourite nail-polish. Looks gorgeously girly and sophisticated in the same time. Gives a look close to french manicure without actually being one.Not too barby-pink, not too white - just the right "good girl" colour. Applies well too - even a clumsy person like me can make her hands look decent with this polish :-)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I actually use the whole bottle which I have never done with any other polish. This is great for a nice, clean, fresh, polished look. Sometimes I make the color creamier by painting two coats of Mademoiselle and then one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in French Vanilla, it makes it look like OPI's older(and better) version of Bubble Bath :)

on 2/4/2011 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is my go to polish for everyday. it's pretty and classic and isn't terribly noticeable when things start to head south. such a classic; i just love love love this polish. to me essie is the gold standard so no complaints about application or packaging.

Top Rated Essie Products