L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 12/21/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So lately my everyday mascara has been Lancome Hypnose but since I've tried this I think I'm going to save my Lancome mascara for special occasions only. I love the volume and length this gives me! I also like the size of the brush since it can really get each and every single lash. The packaging is also really nice and it seems like there is quite a bit of product in the tube. The reason I gave this a 4 is because after a few hours there was quite a bit of flakiness but that's ok. Also, this stuff is pretty much impossible to remove. I was in the shower and I hadn't taken off my makeup and this stuff would not come off! I usually remove my makeup in the shower but once I got out of the shower I had to use my Lancome eye remover to get the rest off. I adore this mascara and will most definitely be repurchasing!

on 12/9/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am normally a Revlon Doubletwist loyalist but I let a lady at the L'Oreal counter talk me into buying this mascara while I was buying sunscreen. I admit the words "extra volume" and "collagen" are enticing and the packaging is beautifully designed. I loved the bigger wand (same thing I like about Doubletwist) and the formula is quite dark and pigmented and applies well, giving a very nice volume boost to lashes. However, after a few hours this mascara sadly flaked and ran for me. I was disappointed because I loved the wand, formula, and packaging and my lashes looked so nice from it. But I won't repurchase it because of the flaking and running.

on 12/7/2011 10:04:00 AM

I was looking for a new mascara that could help plump up my lashes a little & when I came across this & saw the word "Collagen" I got sucked in & decided to give it a try. I don't really have alot of good things to say about this other than the fact that it came with a free eyeliner. The eyeliner is great but this mascara was full of clumps from day one & it was hard to apply without getting big clumps all over my lashes. Not an attractive look. No matter how light handed I tried to be with this it always made my lashes look like I applied three or four coats with just a single coat. I l want my lashes to be separated & defined, not look cakey & over done. I just prefer a more subtle and natural look to my lashes than this mascara gave me. I really like the fact that the brush is regular bristles because I don't like the rubber brushes but I think the brush is way too big which makes it hard to apply. I also noticed throughout the day that it flaked off alot.I love the free eyeliner it came with but I hate this mascara. This one is going straight in to the trash. Very disappointed.

on 11/25/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

LOVE this mascara! I have the waterproof version of this product and it lasts soooo much longer and holds a curl for freakin' ever! Its dark, thickening, volumising, lenthening, separating, defining.....everything you could possibly want!!!! I love how its easily accessible at the drugstore and works spectacularly!!!!!

LOVE!!! LOVE!!! LOVE!!!!!!

on 11/23/2011 9:36:00 AM

I'm always on the hunt for a good mascara. The best that I had is Hypnotic (Lancôme) but when I am on a budget I have to browse through drugstore brands such as l'Oreal or Covergirl. I tried so many i dont seem to remember which ones were bad or good. So i tried this one, because I liked the thick brush and promise of volume. It is very good! Not a 5 because it could be a bit more dramatic, but it delivers well in terms of volume, separation and intensity. What i like most is that its not wet at all! Like all new mascara they can be a bit gooey at first. Overall, i like it.

on 11/8/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up unexpectedly at the drug store the other day. I figured I could afford to get a new mascara so I looked around for a while. I have relatively long lashes so I am always looking for a volumizing product. This one stood out for some reason so I decided to get it. I really like the packaging and is probably the most sophisticated looking mascara tube I've ever owned. The packaging is really beautiful, but the wand is crap. The outside looks spectacular, but when you open it the wand is small and the bristles are all kinds of messed up. They really could have used a much better wand for this, but whatever. This is the first mascara that was the perfect consistency for me upon opening. Almost every other mascara I've tried is way too wet and runny, so I have to wait a while for them to thicken in order to use. This product came that way in the tube. It provides great length for me since I don't need a lot, and it also adds a good amount of volume. With 2 good coats on my lashes look perfect and thick. If you apply too much it does cause the spider lash effect, so that's why I think 2 coats is enough. It does not flake on my very much at all (maybe after 6+ hours of wear, but at that point I would know better than to not check in a mirror at some point). It holds curl and does what it's supposed to.
I would repurchase but probably will not repurchase simply because there are too many mascaras I have yet to try. Plus, I am hoping it will not dry up too fast but get the feeling that it might.

on 11/5/2011 1:36:00 PM

This Mascera Sucksss I DISLIKE !

on 10/30/2011 9:14:00 AM

This mascara smuges and flakes like crazy. It does give good volume but also gives me spider lashes. Will not buy again

on 10/11/2011 10:25:00 PM

Beautiful packaging, and it was on sale for $6 at Target so I had to buy it. So far, I've been wow-ed by L'Oreal mascaras like the double-extend and the Voluminous million lashes (the Fibre False Lashes one I DIDN'T like though), but this one was also a disappointment.

The brush bristles seem very clumped together with mascara product when i first opened the tube, which I thought wouldn't be a big problem as long as the brush could still comb through my lashes nicely and coat and separate. But this ended up being a clumpy mess. Lashes became very thick, but the spidery and goopey type of thick. I noticed one reviewer commented on the smell, which I never noticed so I went ahead and sniffed it. It just smelled like mascara, and it wasn't even a very strong smell, so I don't think smell is the real problem.

What a shame, the packaging is lovely and sophisticated, and definitely would be something that I'd be proud to pull out of my cosmetic bag. Too bad the product sucks....

on 10/3/2011 12:53:00 PM

This is great mascara!!!!I love it...I had many mascaras from cheap to expensive but I have never received so many compliments about my lashes!Well it is maybe little bit complicated to work with this mascra but the result is very nice...

Popular Mascaras