October 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

The only way I got it to work out for me was by wiping the excess off on the edge of the tube before applying and then combing through my lashes after. So even though the end result was okay, it's too much trouble. Considering that other drugstore mascaras give better results without the work, I will not re-purchase, but I will finish my current tube. I do have to add that the packaging is really nice, which is a plus, but still not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite drug store mascara! L'oreal is actually the only cosmetic brand I can trust when I need to get my hands on a quality product and am not able to travel to my nearest mac or sephora. I was so impressed with the result that this delivered. It was extremely comparable to my staple, all time favorite mascara which is mac's plush lash. It provides the same exact effect, seperates the lashes while adding the right amount of thickness. It is a wet formula so it is easy to layer this without clumping. One thing I have noticed is that this mascara doesn't get along with certain liquid eyeliners such as mac's boot black; wearing these two together caused random black flakes to fall upon my face throughout the day. But other than that, this is the mascara I will turn to whenever I am in need of an easily accessable mascara. It delivers an impressive result without having to pay a large price tag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I had high hopes this mascara would at least be on par with Voluminous (which I would rate 4 out of 5) but unfortunately, this mascara was a big mess. The packaging is nice and sleek, and the bristles looked promising - thick criss-crossing bristles that look like they'd reach every lash. However, what fails for me is that this mascara not only applies clumpy (I can deal with that - metal lash comb does the trick) but the formula also flakes and smears on me during the day. Not an attractive look. The formula does clean off easily with my normal eye makeup remover, and doesn't irritate my eyes. I purchased this mascara on sale for 50% off, but it's regular quite pricey here in Canada, selling for around $16 CAD. I wouldn't repurchase, given that there are much better mascaras out there at a fraction of the cost (see my reviews on Cover Girl mascaras!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by TangyCandy

Unfortunately, this didn't work AT ALL for me.
I fell for the false ad and the fact that L'oreal has some pretty decent products overall. First of all, I spent 20 euros ( approx. 27 USD) for this one,which is pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara.
What put me off right after I opened it, was the weird smell, as if it has gone bad or something. I put it on, or to be more accurate, I tried to put it on. Hello there clumps, spider legs, flakes and glued together lashes!
Of course, I didn't give up on the mascara, I thought I didn't put it on right, so I tried to make it work a dozen times, but no. :(
First off, it takes ages for this mascara to dry which causes smudges and my eyelashes to stick together. It clumps like crazy and the brush is pretty huge with shorter and longer bristles on each side that makes it harder to apply the product evenly. To add to the whole dissapointment, after a little while it also made my eyes water and sting a little. I also feel that there's no product it the tube, or that the huge brush holds too much product or something, because after I've tried to make it work like 10 times, I gave up, gave it to my sister and it was almost empty and dried out! I don't know if I got a bad tube or if this really is a bad mascara, but I know for sure that I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for volume and no clumping. I have it in Noir/Black and would say it is the best mascara L'Oreal have brought out to be honest :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this recently after returning another brand that claims to make you look as though you're wearing fake lashes, but failed to deliver on it's claims. I was visiting my parents when I bought it, and the first day I used this, my mom said to me "What mascara are you wearing? It looks like you're wearing fake eyelashes!". Enough said!
I've tried 'em all, and this is pretty great stuff. The brush is huge, which is great as far as I'm concerned, however, be careful when applying to your bottom lashes, as that giant brush can make it a little tricky. Nothing we can't get used to, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by thisgirlnga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started using this about 3 years ago. This was an impulse buy at the drug store. Ever since, I have yet to return to my $25 Lancome mascara. For about $7, this mascara works as well as Lancome's Hypnose. This mascara makes my lashes look extremely thick and long. My skin is extremely oily, so every single mascara brand that I have ever used, including the waterproof versions, have always given me raccoon eyes except for Lancome and now L'Oreal. I did notice that when I put more than 2 coats of mascara, my lashes look clumpy. So I stop after 2 coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by mudafresh

I LOVE this mascara. I tried a bunch of mascara that I liked, but this one, I always end up going back to it. It give my lashes a LOT of volume AND lenght.... what I also like about it : it doesnt flake or leave black deposite under my eye through the day like so many mascaras..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by kellydorado

Love this mascara! I am one of those people who has 5 different kinds of mascara! I noticed a difference in the volume of my lashes right away!! I will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cltrecartin

I despise this product. I love mascaras, all mascaras, and have many kinds that I use for different things, and I cannot find a single reason to use this kind.

The case is beautiful, so classy and bold. Then, you use it, and realize the product itself is cheap. The wand is a mess, it gets clotted up with huge amounts of excess, and even after blotting, it still seems to hold far too much. It does nothing to separate my lashes, it just clumps it all together in a wet mess that easily transfers into raccoon eyes.

I will never buy this again. It saddens me that it makes such a mess, as my eyes are usually easy to work with- I have long, naturally dark and curled lashes. This was an utter disappointment.