December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by tarme14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first this mascara, was complete and utter crap. The formula was thick and you lost too much of it just taking the brush out of the tube. However, I found a solution. I took my old brush from my voluminous million lashes and switched it out with the other one. And then it worked AMAZING. It's and everyday use for me and I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by mariyata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It took me some time to realize that this is what I had been looking for sooooo long. The reason is that as brand new the mascara is more .. wet and some times the definition is not very good. So I've forgotten a tube in my drawer and when decided to apply it once more before I throw it away It turned out to be just perfect - I was so excited and amazed. An what I like:
- easy to apply, which is very important to me, because mornings are little hell with two kids to be prepared for school and kinder garden
- gives not too much of a volume, but enough and in combination with length
- defines
- lashes are glossy
- no flaking, no smudging
- doesn't irritate my eyes
- lashes stay soft and the mascara lasts whole day
- easy to remove
- easy to come by
- not dirty expensive

For reference, my lashes are long and curled and even thick, but the individual hairs are too thin and fair at the end so what I look for in a mascara is mainly definition and nice, healthy look, without any clumps or balls and not too overdone.

Update: This f-l-a-k-e-s like hell and I developed dry eyes syndrome so i won't be purchasing again. Never any L'oreal mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Price - I'm rating it by an American/Australia average price because I'm sure there are fellow Australian MUAs here :)

Packaging - I really loved the container, it was sleek, classy and it look expensive. It just looks designer and durable too. It feels solid, like good quality. Haha sorry for all the descriptive worlds. I just love the black and the tint of gold which doesn't look cheap at all.

Volumising - I think this volumises pretty well if you layer on the coats.
Buildability - I think you can build it up quite a lot and it doesn't clump and for me atleast (but I have small lashes) you can still run the comb through it.
Feeling of eyelashes - not stiff at all in my opinion, quite flexible.

I think this is a great mascara for layering with OTHER mascaras, like for example I layer it with maybelline falsies and it looks really good, atleast on my lashes. I'm not sure if people with thicker lashes clump more easily?

Lengthening - I know it's not a lengthening mascara but it lengthens a little bit, not as much as maybelline falsies. (just for a comparison :)) Like I said above, really emphasizes the lengthening done by another mascara (e.g. falsies) but volumising that length the other mascara has created.

I haven't tried these with an eyelash curler yet but I'll update when I do :)

Alright I think that's all for now, I've gotta catch Hamish and Andy hehe

Oh and I wouldn't purcahse it again, although it's a pretty decent mascara, because I want to try Lash Blast and a whole lot of other mascaras and even after I've tried them I think I'm going to find them a bit better? :)

This is definitely a decent mascara, I wasn't sure if I should rate it 3 lippies, but I don't think it would really be below that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this mascara when I purchased two Loreal skin care treatments at my favorite drugstore.I was of course delighted to get a free mascara as I was running low on my favorite "Loreal telescopic mascara"as soon as I got home I opened it and was overwhelmed by this hideous nausea sating rancid smell this mascara absolutely reeks! So bad I was tempted to put a peg on my nose while applying it has a clumsy thick brush and the packaging is bulky and not sleek like telescopic I found this tricky to apply and instead of separating my lashes it stuck them together and didn't curl them but instead made me look like I had spider legs thick spider legs for eye lashes I find the formula very thick and the smell is just plain offensive worst foundation ever wouldn't buy it if it were the only one left in this world terrible stuff!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

The only way I got it to work out for me was by wiping the excess off on the edge of the tube before applying and then combing through my lashes after. So even though the end result was okay, it's too much trouble. Considering that other drugstore mascaras give better results without the work, I will not re-purchase, but I will finish my current tube. I do have to add that the packaging is really nice, which is a plus, but still not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite drug store mascara! L'oreal is actually the only cosmetic brand I can trust when I need to get my hands on a quality product and am not able to travel to my nearest mac or sephora. I was so impressed with the result that this delivered. It was extremely comparable to my staple, all time favorite mascara which is mac's plush lash. It provides the same exact effect, seperates the lashes while adding the right amount of thickness. It is a wet formula so it is easy to layer this without clumping. One thing I have noticed is that this mascara doesn't get along with certain liquid eyeliners such as mac's boot black; wearing these two together caused random black flakes to fall upon my face throughout the day. But other than that, this is the mascara I will turn to whenever I am in need of an easily accessable mascara. It delivers an impressive result without having to pay a large price tag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I had high hopes this mascara would at least be on par with Voluminous (which I would rate 4 out of 5) but unfortunately, this mascara was a big mess. The packaging is nice and sleek, and the bristles looked promising - thick criss-crossing bristles that look like they'd reach every lash. However, what fails for me is that this mascara not only applies clumpy (I can deal with that - metal lash comb does the trick) but the formula also flakes and smears on me during the day. Not an attractive look. The formula does clean off easily with my normal eye makeup remover, and doesn't irritate my eyes. I purchased this mascara on sale for 50% off, but it's regular quite pricey here in Canada, selling for around $16 CAD. I wouldn't repurchase, given that there are much better mascaras out there at a fraction of the cost (see my reviews on Cover Girl mascaras!)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by TangyCandy

Unfortunately, this didn't work AT ALL for me.
I fell for the false ad and the fact that L'oreal has some pretty decent products overall. First of all, I spent 20 euros ( approx. 27 USD) for this one,which is pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara.
What put me off right after I opened it, was the weird smell, as if it has gone bad or something. I put it on, or to be more accurate, I tried to put it on. Hello there clumps, spider legs, flakes and glued together lashes!
Of course, I didn't give up on the mascara, I thought I didn't put it on right, so I tried to make it work a dozen times, but no. :(
First off, it takes ages for this mascara to dry which causes smudges and my eyelashes to stick together. It clumps like crazy and the brush is pretty huge with shorter and longer bristles on each side that makes it harder to apply the product evenly. To add to the whole dissapointment, after a little while it also made my eyes water and sting a little. I also feel that there's no product it the tube, or that the huge brush holds too much product or something, because after I've tried to make it work like 10 times, I gave up, gave it to my sister and it was almost empty and dried out! I don't know if I got a bad tube or if this really is a bad mascara, but I know for sure that I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for volume and no clumping. I have it in Noir/Black and would say it is the best mascara L'Oreal have brought out to be honest :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this recently after returning another brand that claims to make you look as though you're wearing fake lashes, but failed to deliver on it's claims. I was visiting my parents when I bought it, and the first day I used this, my mom said to me "What mascara are you wearing? It looks like you're wearing fake eyelashes!". Enough said!
I've tried 'em all, and this is pretty great stuff. The brush is huge, which is great as far as I'm concerned, however, be careful when applying to your bottom lashes, as that giant brush can make it a little tricky. Nothing we can't get used to, though!