October 2, 2014 | 917 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

This is my HG face primer. I am almost out and so I have been using up my samples of other things but nothing is even close to this. It doesn't break me out, it isn't too thick or thin, smooths out my pores/fine lines with ease, and doesn't smell unpleasant.

The only complaint I have is the price but when it works this well....some sacrifices must be made. If you are unsure just pump the tiniest amount on your hand it will even smooth over the little lines on your hand! I can't say enough good things about it....sometimes you get what you pay for :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mars77

I love this primer! It hasn't broken me out and it makes my foundation look great. You don't need a lot of this product. It can emphasize dry patches on your skin so make sure your face is cleansed and moisturized before use. I love the feel of this primer- it's very smooth and velvety. I let it absorb into my skin for a few minutes and then I apply foundation.
My friends and family who don't wear foundation use this product as a base/corrector for redness and they also love it! Prior to this primer, I have tried the MUFE HD primers in the yellow and green colours and while they weren't bad- this one is wayy better! It keeps my face matte for hours but because i do have combination skin, I will need to blot my t-zone towards the end of the day. This cost me a little over 60 dollars Canadian which is quite expensive for a primer, definitely a splurge! But it keeps my makeup intact and a little amount of product goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a 100-point perk from Sephora after reading reviews from across the beauty blogosphere. It is white with a lotion consistency and a heavily silicone feel. When I rubbed it into my face, it sank in nicely and made a smooth canvas. I didn't notice a white cast and it didn't break me out. Unfortunately, I saw no difference in the wear or look of my foundation when using this or my Olay Complete SPF 30. For that reason, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This primer is probably the best one I have ever tried. I have oily skin and like most oily skinned people, I need something to manage the oilies and keep my foundation in tip top shape. My nose still becomes oily but my foundation does look great hours after application. I only use a dot of it here and there on my face. The price is uhhh....a little overpriced but I just buy the small one for $20. I have NC30 skin with strong yellow undertones and I don't see the white cast others are seeing with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this as a sample and it instantly flaked my skin. do not use if you have dry skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is expensive, at $52 for 1 oz. you just might have to give up one of your kidneys!
The packaging is functional, beautifully adorned with a gold, diamonds, and platinum pump.
Actually no it isnít. Yes it is functional and it does have a pump, but there are neither precious gems nor metals anywhere in the packaging.

This product claims to minimize shine, neutralize the skin, prevent makeup fading, absorb excess oils, minimize the appearance of pores, and help hide skin imperfections and fine lines, creating a smooth and uniform canvas for flawless makeup application.
It didnít deliver any of these promises. I have used it under a variety of foundations and it does absolutely nothing. My makeup did not go on smoother; the product did not create an even, silky surface to support my foundation. Imperfections on my skin did not appear less noticeable; my fine lines did not look softer, and my pores looked just the same as they did before applying this primer to my face.
As far as oil absorption is concerned my t-zone looked shiny under my foundation just the same as if I had used nothing at all to prevent such thing from happening. Bottom line is that this product makes promises it cannot keep.
After spending this kind of money on a primer full of clever promises a person is inclined to convince themselves that it is a great product, one you canít live without. After all this is a high end, brand name, makeup item and as such it should be good right? Well, cost and quality are not synonymous.

The only positive thing (aside from packaging) that I can attest to about this primer is that it feels extremely light, and it is easy to work into the skin. This is not enough for a product that claims to do so much at such a shocking price.
I would not purchase this product again ever. And I returned the one I got without regret.
Thank you for reading my reviews and have fun with makeup :)

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mostsayclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Had to try this after reading so many comments on the boards about this being HG for them. I've used Smashbox, The Body Shop, and MAC primers and they never made me feel like they were necessary because there was no real difference in makeup application or how well my makeup would wear. For reference, I am NC 20 with combo skin and large pores in my t zone (they're seriously the size of a dulled down pencil).

I bought this in the smaller size ($18) and really like the packaging and consistency of the product. I put it on and didn't notice a real difference in they way my pores looked or anything so I continued on my with regular routine & stippled on my ELDW foundation as usual and oh my God - my skin doesn't even look real. My pores are gone and I currently look like I was photoshopped and I am absolutely over the moon about this!

I can't speak to how long this will make my makeup last and maybe I'll end up having to edit this review but I can't stop looking at myself. I'm so so happy I read about this on the makeup board. Must try for large pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I don't get the hype. This isn't a BAD primer, but it wasn't noticeably different from any other silicone-y primers that I've tried like Smashbox or Tarte's. The price was quite high, so I expected something exceptional and didn't get it. I felt like I paid mainly for the packaging, because it came in a nice fogged glass bottle with a sloping black pump head.

Overall, this primer does soften the skin and help hide your pores (a little, not by much). It helps your foundation glide on more easily and maaaaybe lengthens wear-time, although I think my old MAC Prep & Prime gripped on to foundation better. In the end, this is a good silicone primer but you can find much cheaper ones out there that do the same thing. Good thing I only got the small size!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Sisterhazel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have large pores with oily skin. This was a very pricey primer that left me with an unflattering white glow, even after I applied my other face makeup over it. I'm not sure why they put SPF 15 protection in here - you only need a small amount of this primer for your entire face, which will not give you any sun protection. After a couple hours, when my face began to get oily, the primer was pooling up in white splotches. It made my pores look a little bit smaller, but didn't seem to control my oil that much. Luckily I was working with a sample from Sephora and didn't actually purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBug31

HG primer! This stuff is seriously amazing. You may not see an immediate difference after using this product but it will keep foundation looking flawless the entire day as if you had just applied it.