August 28, 2014 | 1793 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I don't get the hype. This isn't a BAD primer, but it wasn't noticeably different from any other silicone-y primers that I've tried like Smashbox or Tarte's. The price was quite high, so I expected something exceptional and didn't get it. I felt like I paid mainly for the packaging, because it came in a nice fogged glass bottle with a sloping black pump head.

Overall, this primer does soften the skin and help hide your pores (a little, not by much). It helps your foundation glide on more easily and maaaaybe lengthens wear-time, although I think my old MAC Prep & Prime gripped on to foundation better. In the end, this is a good silicone primer but you can find much cheaper ones out there that do the same thing. Good thing I only got the small size!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Sisterhazel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have large pores with oily skin. This was a very pricey primer that left me with an unflattering white glow, even after I applied my other face makeup over it. I'm not sure why they put SPF 15 protection in here - you only need a small amount of this primer for your entire face, which will not give you any sun protection. After a couple hours, when my face began to get oily, the primer was pooling up in white splotches. It made my pores look a little bit smaller, but didn't seem to control my oil that much. Luckily I was working with a sample from Sephora and didn't actually purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBug31

HG primer! This stuff is seriously amazing. You may not see an immediate difference after using this product but it will keep foundation looking flawless the entire day as if you had just applied it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by AnLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is generally a good primer, makes pores disappear and keeps the skin matte for longer. But watch out: Never ever ever ever use it with mousse makeup. Crumbs, cakey etc.
Also, it fell down once and was shattered.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lbgreeley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this primer. I've tried so many only to be disappointed by most. My skin is combination and clog prone. This doesn't clog my pores and it keeps my foundation fresh looking for at least 10 hours. It feels fantastic on the skin and doesn't have a strong fragrance. It is really expensive though so I've been purchasing the smaller size which lasts a couple of months or more. I'm thrilled to have finally found something that works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has quickly become one of my favorite primers. It creates a great base for makeup, has SPF for added sun protection, and keeps my makeup perfect for hours. It's quite expensive, but a little bit goes a long way, so the pump should last quite awhile. I'm actually still going through the deluxe sample (1 month+), and haven't even gotten to my full-sized one yet. Love this stuff so far, hopefully my skin doesn't get sick of it anytime soon...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Lepo23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Having been a long time acne sufferer, I had finally gotten my breakouts under control with combination hormone therapy. The medication cleared my skin beautifully, to the point were I only wore foundation on special occasions, to give my skin that extra umph and airbrushed finished. I sampled this primer for a week straight - first under foundation, and then alone to see if it made a difference in the visibility of my pores. Ladies, let me tell you, it BROKE ME OUT like whoa. The silicone/silica in this formula wreaked havoc on my skin - It clogged my pores, causing angry red papules throughout my forehead, cheek and chin. In one week, Hourglass primer had undone what it took 4 months of medication to achieve! I regret ever sampling it, especially since it wasn't a necessity to begin with.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Stationary

I haven't yet purchased the full size bottle of this yet, but I have tried samples on two different occasions, once in summer and once in winter. I really like this product when I did try it.

To start, a little goes a long, long way. Even a few pump sample from Sephora lasts me well over a month. It blends amazingly, and leaves a really smooth canvas for foundation. It's also really good for my oily T-zone and completely takes away the need for my MAC blotting powder, and it wears well on my dry areas without accentuating them.

I am only a little concerned as the two samples came in completely different consistencies, the first time it was a lot thicker, and the second time the formula was extremely watery.

I'm seriously considering purchasing the full bottle as it really does help in reducing my redness along my nose and cheek area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by evangelic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too bad there isn't a "Hell Yes!" option asking if I would buy this product again! Simply amazing! I have oily and acne prone skin; this product makes my skin feel smooth and helps my makeup stay put all day! Plus, it doesn't cause me to break out! Once I was in a hurry and my face badly needed to be exfoliated but I didn't have time, in a rush I put on the primer (along with moisturizer, Revlon Barely Naked Liquid Foundation, and Revlon Blemish concealer) and yet, the primer did it's job. My skin felt so smooth, my face wasn't cakey at all that day! My little genius in a bottle! It is a bit pricey for a little bottle which I purchased for $18, but a definite need. I plan on getting the bigger bottle next time which I think cost $28. Remember, a little goes a long way with this primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TeacherCarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best primer for oily skin ever!!!! I read somewhere online that using mineral products for a base can hold back the oil better than anything else on the market. This was after I almost tried using Milk of Magnesia and found out how bad the pH is for skin. I was annoyed and wanted to find an alternative and that is when I found out about Hourglass Veil Mineral primer (and also the use of Rice Powder as a setting powder). The price is insane so I got the smaller bottle for $18 to test it out.

Let me give you some perspective. I use oil free moisturizer, foundation, and powder. But 1.5 hours after I put my makeup on, I already have to use a blotting paper. Three hours later, I have to use 2 of the large Sephora papers to blot my skin and then again every 2 hours, it is that bad.

With this primer (and the Palladio Rice Powder), I am not shiny till about 4-5 hours later, and even then I only have to use 1-2 blotting papers and then I usually don't have to use them again unless I'm going out at night and want to get rid of a slight shine that develops. This stuff is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for people with oily skin. It is my absolute HG and I am willing to lay down $52 to get it!