November 23, 2014 | 1998 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by amplified

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Smashbox Photo Finish almost exclusively for years because although it was a bit slimy and thick, I just wasn't satisfied with the application and staying power of my foundation when I used other primers. Last week I picked this up on a whim and I'm officially converted! I love how the green tint lessens the redness on my cheeks and the finish is great: smooth but not heavy. Foundation and concealer applied and lasted like a dream. My new HG, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me: MAC NW20 MUFE HD #118 Red hair, freckles

My skin throws so much red that this was almost a no brainer.
I tried the HD foundation with the zero color (no tint) primer and didn't love it. I tried it with this green primer and wow.. flawless. I use it with
my Mac foundation as well.

I love the packaging with the pump.. It's easy and you can see how much is left too. The texture is not slick like SB primer but it's not at all dry like Cargo's HD primer-which is still good btw.

I'm doing retinol and glyc peels so you know I'm flakey sometimes. If I can't exfoliate the flakes away, I will add a dab of BE PrimeTime to this
green primer. It gives it that slickery texture and helps to hide the flakes. The trick here is to moisturize then go make your bed. Then Primer, then go make someone elses bed. Then go get coffee... come back and add your foundation. Bottom line.. you need to take the time for the products to soak in before proceeding. I pat the primer in and add a bit more to the red spots. It doesn't look green through the makeup at all. It just smooths out that redness. Wonderful.

Pricey.. You don't use much. It's not bad twice a year.

Love it.. I'd repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I've been using this some days and other days not, and have come to the conclusion that it really does increase the lasting power of my foundation and make it look more flawless than it does alone. So I'm thinking I'll be repurchasing for sure.

I'm always wishing there was an "on the fence" option for "would you purchase this item again?" I'm pretty happy with the smooth application and staying power of my foundation without a primer, so I was looking more for redness reduction from this primer than anything else. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't feel like I see any difference in redness. Maybe I'm putting it on too sheer? This primer does leave a nice smooth finish, but without feeling like spackle on my face. I tend to avoid primers out of fear they'll accentuate my dry patches, but this one actually seems to tame flaky areas rather than accentuating them. My foundation definitely does glide on over it. I just don't know if I'll repurchase since it's fairly expensive and those traditional primer qualities weren't really the reason I bought it. For now I'm saying yes, since I do think it's a lovely product overall.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by momo0604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have combination skin and oily t zone. this product didnt work for me at all, it made me more oily on the t zone area. this product is really not ideal for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by steenface

My holy grail! The primer goes on smooth and doesn't feel too oily. Throughout the day, it keeps any redness and flushing at bay without making me greasy. The price tag is a bit hefty but, for me, a little goes a long way and it's totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is magical. It does amazing things to reduce the redness from my cheeks and is a great primer. I didn't think I could find both things in one product! I was worried that I would run out of it too quickly because it seemed like I needed a lot at first but that is not the case anymore. I think I was used to needing more from less quality products so I went for extra coverage the first couple times I used it. Really one to one and a half pumps is all you need.

It goes on smoothly and evenly and does not highlight my dry or blemished areas (another problem I was having with primers) and leaves your face soft and smooth. I think it takes any make up routine up a notch, whether you are having a full coverage foundation day or just want to swipe on a little powder for light make up days. Either way, this product delivers an awesome canvas to build on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by V4Valkyrie

I love this primer! I first bought the MUFE HD primer in Neutral, (which I love), then heard raved reviews for this green one on the makeup board. The consistency of MUFE's primers is not like the common silicone that are in most face primers. This primer feels like I'm putting lotion on my face, because it is very smooth and liquid-like. I suggest applying the primer and waiting a few minutes for it to dry (this is what you are suppose to do with any primer). Once the primer dries, it covers most of the redness on my face. I apply this very liberally on my cheeks and the redness is gone! I only need to use about 1 to 1.5 pumps. It makes my foundation very long lasting and sweat-proof. I also love the sleek packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupisagirlsbestfriend

I was skeptical to buy this product, because I have been so disappointed with countless past green/red reducer products out there. From Physicians Formula to Shiseido, I have tried many from high end to drugstore brand products. Nothing really seemed that exciting or good to me. I ran out of my MAC primer and decided on a whim to try this one. I am so glad I did. It works wonderfully as a primer; it keeps my foundation in tact for the day adn provides a smooth, clean slate for me to apply my foundation on. I love it! It really does counteract some of the redness on my face too, which is a plus. I had told myself that I do need a new primer, so even if it doesn't reduce redness, hopefully it will be at least a good primer. And it is.. for both criterion! I am pleasantly suprised with this product and I am glad that I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG primer. The green corrects the redness on my cheeks and leaves a satiny finish. It's a great primer for my foundation. No breakouts thus far and I'm prone to breakouts these days. I'm not a fan of Make Up Forever's HD line (tried the foundation and powder) but I LOVE this primer so much!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by agagag

Non-oily. The green colour definitely helps to hide redness, but not completely. Good packaging. Loves it. Only weird thing is that it stains my fingers when I use it..strange! Definite re-buy