August 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ipickstrawberries

This has been my go-to eyeliner for about a year now, and I always liked it because it was easy to apply under my eye. I recently purchased Cover Girl Liquiline in black and what a difference! I don't even care about the $3 price difference because it stays on longer and does not smudge like Define-A-Line. I always thought it smudged because of the way my eyes were shaped, but oh no! I am officially broken up with this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lkbass1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the only eyeliners I buy. I like the rich color, and it glides on easy! However, something I didn't think about until after I read other reviews was how it does run and smudge alot. I will keep getting it until someone recommends something better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by cnabbey88

I have this product in ebony black. It came with the define-a-line mascara. Overall this is not a bad mechanical pencil eyeliner. I agree with the reviews below about the smudging. Which can be good for a smokey look. I have monolid with a slight fold right above my lashline so I experience more smudging with eyeliners. If you want a precise clean line you can get that but you would definitely would need to set with a black eyeshadow. I did that and I don't find that it smudges. I also used this to tightline my upper waterline and it seemed to go on well enough. I like that this is a pigmented black but its not waterproof so I can still take it off. I would recommend but only if you are willing to go the extra step and top it with black eyeshadow to keep it from smudging. :)

New impressions: Today, I put this on and topped it with black shadow and I used pressed powder on my lower lash line and around the eyeliner itself to precent any smearing or racoon eye effects. (PS didn't put any eyeliner on my lower lashline). It is seriosuly all over the place. I don't consider my eyelids to be particularly oily either. I like it but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate at all. I like that it doesn't tug on my eye at all when applying it but as a result it smears everywhere. I may try one more time using a primer and see how that goes. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by angel2101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed with this product. Within an hour of applying it had smeared all around my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cloudxothree

I bought this product in Chesnut Brown and was very happy with how smooth and creamy it went on. Unfortunately, after about an hour it smudged all over. Anything on my waterline fell down in to my lashes and lower lid and anything on my upper lid smudged a ridiculous amount. The built-in smudger is convienent, but it took me awhile to even find the sharpner on the bottom of the smudger. Overall, I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this! Its really creamy and pigmented - i love that it comes with a smudger and sharpener.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by smilekey

I like this product but then again i dont like this product . Yay it has a sharpener!<- NOOO the liner is stuck:( UHHH well , i wouldnt buy this again , sorry... I wore this out for about 4 hours and It came of slowly...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by emsHUN

kay, soo my BIGGEST pet peeve is getting panda eyes from eyeliner.
This DEFINETLY does just that. When you first apply it your eyeliner looks amazing. Glides on easily & very pigmented... but after about 20mins..it smudges all below my eyes and it looks like i've been crying.
Infact I wear it on new years and everyone THOUGHT i'd been crying.
As much as I WANT to love it, i dont. sorry :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by geishagirl47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this eyeliner is ok, but i dont think i would get it again, i think the only reason i got it in the first place was because it was the only one i could find. it is a nice black colour and it goes on well but it smudges off too fast and when i put it on the lower part of my eye line it rubs off right away and it ends up going in my eye. i deffinatly will not get this one again

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Just like the Define a Lash mascara this eyeliner is terrible. Maybelline really dropped the ball on the line : I

The eyeliner it's self is very black and creamy goes on nice, but it instantaneously smudges and not in a sexy smokey way like raccoon eyes, I don't even have time to set it with powder it's so shitty.