October 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by muiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought the white one since i felt as though i didn't need the coloured ones. i love the texture and it blends easily and absorbs quickly too. the smell ain't that bad too. infact i like it =D so here is the break down:

PROS:
quick absorbing
smells nice
blends easily
a little goes a long way
keeps make up on forever

CONS:
no oil control
expensive

not too bad but i hate the no oil control part. so i won't be repurchasing. =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer in green as my face always appears redder than my neck, so when foundation goes on, my face always appears at least 2 shades darker. I was hoping this could change that matter and it kind of did. But i wouldnt say it actually covering all redness. I'm Asian, NC25, very yellow tone, and my face still looks a bit pinky even with this primer on. It also doesnt control my oil that well neither. My face get pretty oily within 3 hours. But i think its normal when it is like 90degree here in the summer. Though it can be easily fixed with blot powder. This is pretty pricey, though you only need a tiny amount on each application, so i'm sure a bottle will last for a longgg time. Overall, I will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS PRIMER!!!! It made me soo oily, it was disgusting, I hate it. It was so expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I got this as a GWP, I like the texture and it does make the pores around my nose look much smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by gratuity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Blue #5 (adds radiance to fair skin/ reduces minor imperfections, according to product details) instead of the Neutral 0, even though I have never tried any color correctors before. I was hesitant at first, because Smashbox and MAC primers have irritated my sensitive skin, but this product is so gentle and not heavy at all going on.

My skin looked beautiful after I applied the HD foundation and powder, and I definitely think the primer adds to the lasting power of the foundation. I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is interesting to me but I've only used a few primers before. So I have sensitive really really dry dull ghost-like pale skin with slight yellow undertones on some areas and reddish on others(i know weird). I am asian though so I assume I am more yellowish(overall) but I am positive my chest and face are more pinkish or at least it's white with pinkish areas and maybe slightly yellowish? ^_^lll I dont even make sense

Trying some samples of this primer that I got from sephora, i'm a bit on the fence with it. I have dry dull skin and initially I thought this was really drying because unlike other primers I've used they were all pretty dewy on my face, this is truly matte on me...Which I wasn't expecting even though a lot of primers do that... Also for some reason I wasn't expecting it to absorb into my skin so fast even though I did read reviews it does, I was just surprised. ^_^lll After looking at my skin for a bit not really liking it since I am so used to a dewy look for my dry skin, I realized my skin actually looked really natural under the foundation which is also surprising to me. It's been a while since my skin looked natural...^_^lll This does seem to accentuate some of my dry spots noticebly on my cheeks for some reason but not on other areas. ==lll I do like the look of it on though and it does hide my flaking or at least prevents it. So far I've only tried samples of the blue and mauve since my skin is so pale and they were recommended to me however I do have minor redness in my cheeks and the mauve and blue do NOTHING to color correct it or even blend it and the whole point of getting this primer instead of a different one is the color correcting which these 2 shades didn't seem to do at all. And the blue one didn't add any luminosity to my face at all. I think I liked the mauve over the blue so maybe I do have yellow tones...^_^lll Like I said before my face was surprisingly matte though I supposed it does look more like skin then my actual skin which is really dull...not really sure. I'm probably going to go get a sample of the green to try. Not sure about it though because at sephora the green was definately showing on my hand. I might have put too much on my hand but maybe it won't show on my face or maybe I'm just too pale. Whatever it is, my hand was definately green. like green green. lol ^_^lll Not quite sure if I'll get it or which color yet. I'll probably buy it only because it does make my face look natural but I'm sure there's better out there. This is pretty pricey and since it seems a little drying not sure if it would be good for winter since my skin is so dry naturally. I'll update later

Update: I sitll haven't tried the green or pink but I decided I do like the muave one. It really does lighten my yellow undertones especially under the foundation. In terms of evening out my skin i've also decided it does do that too. Initially I was rubbing the primer onto my face and it didn't blend anything but I tried patting it all over instead and it really does subdue the redness for both the blue and muave on me. As a primer however I'm not really sure. it's OK. I don't think it smooths out my pores or anything and it still doesn't do much for oil control. My skin still gets a few dry patches as the day goes on and it doesn't make my foundation apply any smoother which is dissapointing. I THINK it may be giving me acne as well but not sure.

Update: so I'm pretty positive this is causing me to break out so I'm am not going to go buy it. I am dissapointed though because I really did love how the muave toned down my sallow tones. TT-TT too bad

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by shontay01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I want to throw in my positive review for the sista's out there. I just started using this. I was skeptical b/c I have good skin. I already use the mufe hd foundation and powder (my holy grail, bye bye mac!). I got a deluxe sample with my sephora order and let me tell you, this stuff is pretty awesome.

I got the neutral one and I love the texture. It's so silky smooth. The smell is very pleasing. This stuff can cover your whole face with just one pump. I do see a difference with the application of my makeup. Even though my skin is clear, it is dry and this helps to moisturize and makes my skin less flaky. That way makeup doesn't settle on dry patches. Maybe I'll try another color, but this one does the trick.

For reference, I am a 173 in the hd foundation. About Alicia keys/halle berry complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Swtest2lips2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Feels very nice, helps balances my color. Def worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading such great reviews of this product, I bought it in the light pink color, and used it a half dozen times. I am not sure what I expected-- perhaps I just liked the way it looked in the tube? I did not notice any difference using this vs. just moisturizer and foundation alone. felt guilty about spending $32 for this and so I returned it to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer if you are looking to smooth pores, give a subtle luminous glow, and make foundation application smoother. However, if you're looking for a primer to give that matte, oil-controlling silicone finish, like Smashbox Photo finish, look elsewhere. For me, I have oily skin however I still like my makeup to look slightly luminous upon application. I bought this in the Blue #5 shade, which is supposed to illuminate fair skin and reduce minor imperfections. I think it did exactly that. I have pale skin however I think I've been a little too obsessed with Twilight lately and I want that moonlight pale skin that glows. This produces that effect!! It subtly lightens my fair, but yellow-undertoned skin and give it a lovely glow which you can see even after applying foundation and powder. The only downside is I think my skin became oilier faster, and I needed to blot more frequently. But honestly blotting has become a fact of life for me and doesn't bother me at all! Overall it is a great primer, especially for those that have drier skin and hated the texture of Smashbox primer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No