September 19, 2014 | 1000 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I got this as a GWP, I like the texture and it does make the pores around my nose look much smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by gratuity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Blue #5 (adds radiance to fair skin/ reduces minor imperfections, according to product details) instead of the Neutral 0, even though I have never tried any color correctors before. I was hesitant at first, because Smashbox and MAC primers have irritated my sensitive skin, but this product is so gentle and not heavy at all going on.

My skin looked beautiful after I applied the HD foundation and powder, and I definitely think the primer adds to the lasting power of the foundation. I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is interesting to me but I've only used a few primers before. So I have sensitive really really dry dull ghost-like pale skin with slight yellow undertones on some areas and reddish on others(i know weird). I am asian though so I assume I am more yellowish(overall) but I am positive my chest and face are more pinkish or at least it's white with pinkish areas and maybe slightly yellowish? ^_^lll I dont even make sense

Trying some samples of this primer that I got from sephora, i'm a bit on the fence with it. I have dry dull skin and initially I thought this was really drying because unlike other primers I've used they were all pretty dewy on my face, this is truly matte on me...Which I wasn't expecting even though a lot of primers do that... Also for some reason I wasn't expecting it to absorb into my skin so fast even though I did read reviews it does, I was just surprised. ^_^lll After looking at my skin for a bit not really liking it since I am so used to a dewy look for my dry skin, I realized my skin actually looked really natural under the foundation which is also surprising to me. It's been a while since my skin looked natural...^_^lll This does seem to accentuate some of my dry spots noticebly on my cheeks for some reason but not on other areas. ==lll I do like the look of it on though and it does hide my flaking or at least prevents it. So far I've only tried samples of the blue and mauve since my skin is so pale and they were recommended to me however I do have minor redness in my cheeks and the mauve and blue do NOTHING to color correct it or even blend it and the whole point of getting this primer instead of a different one is the color correcting which these 2 shades didn't seem to do at all. And the blue one didn't add any luminosity to my face at all. I think I liked the mauve over the blue so maybe I do have yellow tones...^_^lll Like I said before my face was surprisingly matte though I supposed it does look more like skin then my actual skin which is really dull...not really sure. I'm probably going to go get a sample of the green to try. Not sure about it though because at sephora the green was definately showing on my hand. I might have put too much on my hand but maybe it won't show on my face or maybe I'm just too pale. Whatever it is, my hand was definately green. like green green. lol ^_^lll Not quite sure if I'll get it or which color yet. I'll probably buy it only because it does make my face look natural but I'm sure there's better out there. This is pretty pricey and since it seems a little drying not sure if it would be good for winter since my skin is so dry naturally. I'll update later

Update: I sitll haven't tried the green or pink but I decided I do like the muave one. It really does lighten my yellow undertones especially under the foundation. In terms of evening out my skin i've also decided it does do that too. Initially I was rubbing the primer onto my face and it didn't blend anything but I tried patting it all over instead and it really does subdue the redness for both the blue and muave on me. As a primer however I'm not really sure. it's OK. I don't think it smooths out my pores or anything and it still doesn't do much for oil control. My skin still gets a few dry patches as the day goes on and it doesn't make my foundation apply any smoother which is dissapointing. I THINK it may be giving me acne as well but not sure.

Update: so I'm pretty positive this is causing me to break out so I'm am not going to go buy it. I am dissapointed though because I really did love how the muave toned down my sallow tones. TT-TT too bad

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by shontay01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I want to throw in my positive review for the sista's out there. I just started using this. I was skeptical b/c I have good skin. I already use the mufe hd foundation and powder (my holy grail, bye bye mac!). I got a deluxe sample with my sephora order and let me tell you, this stuff is pretty awesome.

I got the neutral one and I love the texture. It's so silky smooth. The smell is very pleasing. This stuff can cover your whole face with just one pump. I do see a difference with the application of my makeup. Even though my skin is clear, it is dry and this helps to moisturize and makes my skin less flaky. That way makeup doesn't settle on dry patches. Maybe I'll try another color, but this one does the trick.

For reference, I am a 173 in the hd foundation. About Alicia keys/halle berry complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Swtest2lips2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Feels very nice, helps balances my color. Def worth the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading such great reviews of this product, I bought it in the light pink color, and used it a half dozen times. I am not sure what I expected-- perhaps I just liked the way it looked in the tube? I did not notice any difference using this vs. just moisturizer and foundation alone. felt guilty about spending $32 for this and so I returned it to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer if you are looking to smooth pores, give a subtle luminous glow, and make foundation application smoother. However, if you're looking for a primer to give that matte, oil-controlling silicone finish, like Smashbox Photo finish, look elsewhere. For me, I have oily skin however I still like my makeup to look slightly luminous upon application. I bought this in the Blue #5 shade, which is supposed to illuminate fair skin and reduce minor imperfections. I think it did exactly that. I have pale skin however I think I've been a little too obsessed with Twilight lately and I want that moonlight pale skin that glows. This produces that effect!! It subtly lightens my fair, but yellow-undertoned skin and give it a lovely glow which you can see even after applying foundation and powder. The only downside is I think my skin became oilier faster, and I needed to blot more frequently. But honestly blotting has become a fact of life for me and doesn't bother me at all! Overall it is a great primer, especially for those that have drier skin and hated the texture of Smashbox primer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by xBrazenx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate to be a MUFE hater, but this was another product that I just did not like. Lets face it, a lot of make up and skin care success is individual to each person's skin and preferances. I'm sure MUFE is a great line with great products, but I have yet to find something in their face/foundation line that works for me (except for the HD powder).

This was a thin consistency and did not do much in the way of smoothing the surface of my skin/filling in pores/etc. It was moisturizing, but that's not what I needed in this product. I didn't find that this helped in controlling oil or preserving my make up throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MzCat

I used to use the Smashbox primer, but I was running out and decided to try MUFE HD in mauve. I'm really liking it so far. I've just been using the primer itself which no foundation and it balances out all the redness and brightens out my skintone! It's awesome. I like how it's more lotion-y compared to how silicone the Smashbox one felt. It doesn't feel like it's clogging all my pores and my skin doesn't react to it at all. I've tried using my Dior tinted moisturizer on top of it a few times now and it looks great. Doesn't pill and goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by msTaps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

we all know everybody's skin reacts differently. ive used bare escentuals, laura mercier and smashbox and they didnt work on me at all. those products broke me out. yet some love them, but i had to give theme up. i never thought id ever use primer again :)

i bought this because the reviews say the HD line works best together. they are so right! the green primer evened out my red tones, the blue brightened around my eyes, forehead and i used the neutral everywhere else. you dont have to use all of them, but i had samples, so i tried em all haha.

my make up glided. i definitely noticed how little foundation i needed to put on. it doesnt feel heavy like the other primers ive used, i never looked oily morning till night and best of all even after i slept with it on, i never woke up with little zit sprinkles :)