December 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few months now along with the yellow one. It has a very smooth silky texture. It helps control oil a little. It does kind of help foundation last longer. After using this, I decided to try my mac prep and prime over and noticed that my makeup looked much smoother with mac prep and prime. I purchased the yellow one to help make my skin tone look more even and it didnt really make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. I'm not in love, but it's definitely worth a try! I got this in February 09. I still havent finished the bottle because I actually don't use it as often. I only use it on special days. It's pricey, but I think you just have to pay couple of more dollars for a fine product. I actually think it's a decent price for the amount that's provided. I definitely want to try other primers!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maciloveyou

first i liked this product dont know why! maybe for its popularity!, any way bought it before one month and til now dont like it .. it did nothing so i will not think about it AGAIN ,,,, :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by marvin1

I broke out in patches of acne from this. As someone in their mid twenties, this rarely happens to me. Granted, I fell asleep without removing my makeup, but I've done this with other makeup and never had my face broken out in in such large clusters! Gross!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by muiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought the white one since i felt as though i didn't need the coloured ones. i love the texture and it blends easily and absorbs quickly too. the smell ain't that bad too. infact i like it =D so here is the break down:

PROS:
quick absorbing
smells nice
blends easily
a little goes a long way
keeps make up on forever

CONS:
no oil control
expensive

not too bad but i hate the no oil control part. so i won't be repurchasing. =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer in green as my face always appears redder than my neck, so when foundation goes on, my face always appears at least 2 shades darker. I was hoping this could change that matter and it kind of did. But i wouldnt say it actually covering all redness. I'm Asian, NC25, very yellow tone, and my face still looks a bit pinky even with this primer on. It also doesnt control my oil that well neither. My face get pretty oily within 3 hours. But i think its normal when it is like 90degree here in the summer. Though it can be easily fixed with blot powder. This is pretty pricey, though you only need a tiny amount on each application, so i'm sure a bottle will last for a longgg time. Overall, I will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS PRIMER!!!! It made me soo oily, it was disgusting, I hate it. It was so expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I got this as a GWP, I like the texture and it does make the pores around my nose look much smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by gratuity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Blue #5 (adds radiance to fair skin/ reduces minor imperfections, according to product details) instead of the Neutral 0, even though I have never tried any color correctors before. I was hesitant at first, because Smashbox and MAC primers have irritated my sensitive skin, but this product is so gentle and not heavy at all going on.

My skin looked beautiful after I applied the HD foundation and powder, and I definitely think the primer adds to the lasting power of the foundation. I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is interesting to me but I've only used a few primers before. So I have sensitive really really dry dull ghost-like pale skin with slight yellow undertones on some areas and reddish on others(i know weird). I am asian though so I assume I am more yellowish(overall) but I am positive my chest and face are more pinkish or at least it's white with pinkish areas and maybe slightly yellowish? ^_^lll I dont even make sense

Trying some samples of this primer that I got from sephora, i'm a bit on the fence with it. I have dry dull skin and initially I thought this was really drying because unlike other primers I've used they were all pretty dewy on my face, this is truly matte on me...Which I wasn't expecting even though a lot of primers do that... Also for some reason I wasn't expecting it to absorb into my skin so fast even though I did read reviews it does, I was just surprised. ^_^lll After looking at my skin for a bit not really liking it since I am so used to a dewy look for my dry skin, I realized my skin actually looked really natural under the foundation which is also surprising to me. It's been a while since my skin looked natural...^_^lll This does seem to accentuate some of my dry spots noticebly on my cheeks for some reason but not on other areas. ==lll I do like the look of it on though and it does hide my flaking or at least prevents it. So far I've only tried samples of the blue and mauve since my skin is so pale and they were recommended to me however I do have minor redness in my cheeks and the mauve and blue do NOTHING to color correct it or even blend it and the whole point of getting this primer instead of a different one is the color correcting which these 2 shades didn't seem to do at all. And the blue one didn't add any luminosity to my face at all. I think I liked the mauve over the blue so maybe I do have yellow tones...^_^lll Like I said before my face was surprisingly matte though I supposed it does look more like skin then my actual skin which is really dull...not really sure. I'm probably going to go get a sample of the green to try. Not sure about it though because at sephora the green was definately showing on my hand. I might have put too much on my hand but maybe it won't show on my face or maybe I'm just too pale. Whatever it is, my hand was definately green. like green green. lol ^_^lll Not quite sure if I'll get it or which color yet. I'll probably buy it only because it does make my face look natural but I'm sure there's better out there. This is pretty pricey and since it seems a little drying not sure if it would be good for winter since my skin is so dry naturally. I'll update later

Update: I sitll haven't tried the green or pink but I decided I do like the muave one. It really does lighten my yellow undertones especially under the foundation. In terms of evening out my skin i've also decided it does do that too. Initially I was rubbing the primer onto my face and it didn't blend anything but I tried patting it all over instead and it really does subdue the redness for both the blue and muave on me. As a primer however I'm not really sure. it's OK. I don't think it smooths out my pores or anything and it still doesn't do much for oil control. My skin still gets a few dry patches as the day goes on and it doesn't make my foundation apply any smoother which is dissapointing. I THINK it may be giving me acne as well but not sure.

Update: so I'm pretty positive this is causing me to break out so I'm am not going to go buy it. I am dissapointed though because I really did love how the muave toned down my sallow tones. TT-TT too bad