November 25, 2014 | 1849 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bren81

After reading the reviews here, I decided to give this foundation a try because my beloved la mer liquid is being discontinued and I was getting bored with the CdP cream foundation I was using (nothing wrong with CdP, it's a beautiful foundation and with their new packaging, I might just go back to that one. The only thing I hated about the foundation was the old jar packaging). First of all, I had difficulty getting the right color match. Almost all of the shades were too dark on my skin or too rosy. I ended up getting the #3 shade which was still too dark but with the summer coming up, I was hoping the makeup wouldn't look too obvious.
The foundation goes on a bit less smooth than my CdP or la mer foundation but it's still good. It blends okay but you have to work fast otherwise you will get streaks of dry foundation (especially if you can't get the right color match). The finish is a bit on the powdery side but not drying. It actually sits very compfortably and lasts all day. I also noticed that when I blot with my oil absorbing sheets, there's less oil. It also gives you very good coverage but it will definitely give you the "made-up" look so if you are looking for almost not there natural looking make up, this might not be for you. If they would offer more color selection for fair complexion people, I might repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by smiley07

This is what Guerlain has to say - Luminous Extreme Wear Foundation Water-Resistant - Non Transferable SPF25 .
Guaranteed to hold eight hours for a natural radiance under any circumstances. This new generation foundation leaves the complexion mat and natural. Thanks to the virtues of Tibetan Rhodiola plant, Parure Extreme helps cells to withstand temperature variations, intense heat and stress.
Below are some pros + cons about this product

PROS - the packaging. it comes with a pump so it's hygienic. with it's gold bottle, you'd feel "rich and glamorous" each time you'd reach for it. (well, at least for me...haha)
* it's light and yet, it gives medium to heavy coverage. i don't use concealer when i use this. i just apply a bit more on my problem areas. a little goes a long way. a pump can cover the whole face so this will really last a loooong time
* it gives a matte, even, glowing look.
* i didn't get any allergies after using this my skin can breakout very easily!
* with its runny consistency, it's so easy to apply
* keeps my oilies at bay since i also use spf 50 underneath it's understandable if i get oily after a few hours. but what i really love about this foundation is that i look dewy and radiant and not as if i slapped my face with oil.i lightly use mac mineralize compact in medium /deep to finish and spray rose and glycerin very lightly at end.

CONS - the smell. it's a bit fragrant but it goes away after some time
the price?
* their color selection. the shade i bought is no 4 Beige Moyen which is closest shade to my skintone - i am NC42 shade naturel in chanel estee lauder shade pebble in w nude in maybelline it would have been fab if it had more yellow undertones in it however because of the quality of the foundation im still pleased with it ther other only closest shades in this foundation are no 23 or 24 but they are quite orange so i wouldnt reccommend this is nearest u will get if u are around nc35 to nc44.
Overall - I use this with mac 187 brush but i have found that it also goes on gr8 with ruby millie foundation brush however nothing blends foundation as perfect as 187 brush. ONLY ONE PUMP IS ENOUGH for the whole face i often add a pump of no7 highlighter or high beam and mix to foundation and then apply specially on days where i prefer more glamarous evening coverage when i want it to look polished and flawless with a slight healthy luminous look. It is an amazing quality foundation with high spf even though i use spf 50 underneath easy to apply and can very easily be over applied thats why a little goes a long way best thing my skin has not broke out just make sure u get the right shade - the shades could have been better with more yellow undertones but im still very pleased.
Overall it does everything it says longwearing and matt yet luminous somehow so gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Just to add i have a busy lifestyle so am out and about early till late 5 6 ish and this lasts and looks better than all other foundations i have tried!!!

UPDATE ....Have been using this foundation for approx 2 months now i would like t o say that is the longest ever i have stuck to one foundation i havent still broke out in fact my skin looks and feels fine when i remove makeup so i am very pleased also i went to explore the shades again as my friend works for uerlain and we discovered shade 23 in this foundation ,,,,,,,,if u are nc35 to 42 then beige moyen 4 or shade 23 are both only ones........ shade 4 is more beige and shade 24 is more pinky yellow so i will be buying this one soon too as i love this stuff so much as it has done good for my skin really honestly if u have sensitive skin try im amazed !!!!!!!!!
ANOTHER UPDATE...for those of you who are similar shade as me i bought shade 23 too but i noticed my skin look llightly pink so im sticking to 4 beige moyen its gr8

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by andutza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Though it says "extreme wear" on it in my case it doesn't last's more than 3 hours.
And this in the good days because when it's getting hot i sweat and it goes away in less than 10 minutes after just putting it on my face. Even better i get some remains of a foundation, like dark spots.
I've tried it with moisturizer and without it. I've tried it with powder and without it. In all cases this foundation does not please me at all. It still has some attributes: the smell which is intense first but then slowly fades and the jar. Anyway dissapointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I join the raves here! Excellent longwearing foundation! Performance wise, it beats them all, and I have tried them all, EL, Dior, Chanel, Mac , Prairie, Clinique, Clarins, Shiseido, Lancome,LRP, Avene, and the list goes on and on...
This is truly long wearing, and maintains its finish, throughout the whole day without flaking, cakeyness, clogging...Just fabulous!
2 things need improvement:
-The color range: they somewhat appear off...I was between 02 and 03 (I am an NC20-25), bought 03 and seems too dark.Tested 02 several times, and this too seems a bit off, (not dark, but just off). Most people I know cannot find a perfect match in extreme's range.....Guerlain should really do something about it.
- The bottle: I like the guerlain gold plating in other products, but for this foundation, the packaging is simply impractical. You can never tell when you will run out because the glass bottle is so heavy by itself, plus it is opaque, and you can't see what's left!...

If you can find a color match though, this is the IT foundation!!!!

EDITED ON 8/5/09: As I am slowly running out of product I can see that the bottle is opacque just on top. The bottom is clear glass and you can see inside....I am running out! I have to repurchase!

EDITED ON 23/9/2009: It is still my HG foundation! I cannot believe I am finishing a third bottle and not feeling "well pretty good, but I should check out what's new...". In 3-4 weeks time, I will be running to purchase my fourth bottle!...Just WOW!!!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first long lasting waterproof foundation that I have bought which truely works. The other foundations which I have tried in the past have always caked by days end, settled into fine lines and made my skin flaws worst that they actually were. As I have had so many problems with long lasting foundations I did spend quite a bit of time at the counter before I decided to purchase.

This foundaiton from Guerlain is excellent and worth every penny. The foundation goes on very smooth and what remains is a very even, smooth and radiant complexion. My pores (and I do have enlarged ones due to acne) are non visible. It does not dry quickly during appliation so I have plenty of time to blend and fix any application issues. I apply this foundation with my Beauty Blender sponge. It lasts all day and applying blush or bronzer afterwards was not a problem. A little goes a long way. I did not purchase a Guerlain powder but I use my Px Magic Powder and it works great. I do suffer from acne break out and I have not had any problems so far.

I purchased this foundation in No. 24 Dore Moyen. For refernece my skin tone in MAC is NC45, Px Antelope and Laura Mercier Tan or Toffee Bronze in summer. This foundation does carry quite a few shades for darker skin types so DDDs & CCCs definitely test this one out. This is a great foundation consistency for oily skin types. For those with dry skin Guerlain has the same foundation with a Moisturizing formula. Another added benefit is the SPF 25 sun protection.

This may not mean much to most people but the packaging is LUX, gold and feminine. This was what first caught my eyes. I am loving life wearing this one.

Note January2011 - 006 Beige Tres Fonce is also a color which fits NC44/45 skin tones very well. I used this color in the summer months when my skin was a bit darker.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by CindyLP

Based on the reviews, I really wanted to love this foundation! Unfortunately, a few days after using Parure Extreme I started to break out along the jawline. Now, after two weeks of persistence I give up. I'm covered with spots, not only along the jawline but mid-cheek and temples.

Not totally heartbroken, though, as even 02 is too dark for me and has far more of an orange tint than I'd like. Although application was very smooth, the final texture seemed a bit sticky. The bottle, although undeniably luxurious, had me far too worried it wouldn't survive a fall on the bathroom floor!

Will go back to Clarins Truly Matte (05 - Shell) until I complete my quest to find the HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Genitalien

I didn't buy this foundation, but I asked for a sample and the SA gave me a generous one. Since Guerlain is incredibly expensive I didn't immediately want to splurge. I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I liked everything about it, except for the colour. It was just too warm toned for my Asian skin. I could tell a difference between the colour of my face and the colour of my neck and cleavage. However, I wore it on a day when I helped a friend move, so there was a lot of physical activity involved. Even though I sweated and felt warm, this make up was still on my face, no sliding or slipping or whatever. So the staying power is excellent. But still, I'm not going to buy the full bottle, cause I don't want to walk around with a slightly orange face :( All in all, good stuff, just not suitable for people with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I co-sign all the rave reviews below, this is my HG in foundations, much better than my prior HG Chanel's Teint Innocence and La Prairie's Skin Caviar Fndt. Parure Extreme covers my hyperpigmentation and is not cakey at all, you can spread it lightly and evenly. It doesn't make my normal skin oily or dry. I'm NC35 or NC40 (depending on the time of the year) and am wearing 04, although 03 would probably be a better colour choice. This baby lasts for 14 hours and am certainly going to stick with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Martini82

Absolute HG!!! I've tried MAC, Christian Dior, Clarins, YSL, MUF, Estee Lauder...you name it and this is the ONLY foundation that still looks fab at the end of a 12 hour working day, doesn't dry out my skin, controls oil on T-zone and covers acne scars! Would not hesitate to recommend...is well worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Harp88

HG!!!

I cannot express how much I love this foundation. Such good coverage but so incredibly light. I use either my 187 or foundation brush (190? lol) to apply and both work very well, you need a tiny amount. I'm an NC35ish and I wear 03 and it works perfectly but if you're spending so much money on a foundation just go try it out for yourself to make sure you get the right shade. It's just phenomenal, I think this is a start of a new Guerlain obsession. I use GOSH primer (much better than Smashbox, especially if you have larger pores), then this, and then a very light sprinkling of Smashbox Halo Powder in light. Very good coverage and I look like I'm hardly wearing anything.