April 18, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by erica_74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I join the raves here! Excellent longwearing foundation! Performance wise, it beats them all, and I have tried them all, EL, Dior, Chanel, Mac , Prairie, Clinique, Clarins, Shiseido, Lancome,LRP, Avene, and the list goes on and on...
This is truly long wearing, and maintains its finish, throughout the whole day without flaking, cakeyness, clogging...Just fabulous!
2 things need improvement:
-The color range: they somewhat appear off...I was between 02 and 03 (I am an NC20-25), bought 03 and seems too dark.Tested 02 several times, and this too seems a bit off, (not dark, but just off). Most people I know cannot find a perfect match in extreme's range.....Guerlain should really do something about it.
- The bottle: I like the guerlain gold plating in other products, but for this foundation, the packaging is simply impractical. You can never tell when you will run out because the glass bottle is so heavy by itself, plus it is opaque, and you can't see what's left!...

If you can find a color match though, this is the IT foundation!!!!

EDITED ON 8/5/09: As I am slowly running out of product I can see that the bottle is opacque just on top. The bottom is clear glass and you can see inside....I am running out! I have to repurchase!

EDITED ON 23/9/2009: It is still my HG foundation! I cannot believe I am finishing a third bottle and not feeling "well pretty good, but I should check out what's new...". In 3-4 weeks time, I will be running to purchase my fourth bottle!...Just WOW!!!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first long lasting waterproof foundation that I have bought which truely works. The other foundations which I have tried in the past have always caked by days end, settled into fine lines and made my skin flaws worst that they actually were. As I have had so many problems with long lasting foundations I did spend quite a bit of time at the counter before I decided to purchase.

This foundaiton from Guerlain is excellent and worth every penny. The foundation goes on very smooth and what remains is a very even, smooth and radiant complexion. My pores (and I do have enlarged ones due to acne) are non visible. It does not dry quickly during appliation so I have plenty of time to blend and fix any application issues. I apply this foundation with my Beauty Blender sponge. It lasts all day and applying blush or bronzer afterwards was not a problem. A little goes a long way. I did not purchase a Guerlain powder but I use my Px Magic Powder and it works great. I do suffer from acne break out and I have not had any problems so far.

I purchased this foundation in No. 24 Dore Moyen. For refernece my skin tone in MAC is NC45, Px Antelope and Laura Mercier Tan or Toffee Bronze in summer. This foundation does carry quite a few shades for darker skin types so DDDs & CCCs definitely test this one out. This is a great foundation consistency for oily skin types. For those with dry skin Guerlain has the same foundation with a Moisturizing formula. Another added benefit is the SPF 25 sun protection.

This may not mean much to most people but the packaging is LUX, gold and feminine. This was what first caught my eyes. I am loving life wearing this one.

Note January2011 - 006 Beige Tres Fonce is also a color which fits NC44/45 skin tones very well. I used this color in the summer months when my skin was a bit darker.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by CindyLP

Based on the reviews, I really wanted to love this foundation! Unfortunately, a few days after using Parure Extreme I started to break out along the jawline. Now, after two weeks of persistence I give up. I'm covered with spots, not only along the jawline but mid-cheek and temples.

Not totally heartbroken, though, as even 02 is too dark for me and has far more of an orange tint than I'd like. Although application was very smooth, the final texture seemed a bit sticky. The bottle, although undeniably luxurious, had me far too worried it wouldn't survive a fall on the bathroom floor!

Will go back to Clarins Truly Matte (05 - Shell) until I complete my quest to find the HG foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Genitalien

I didn't buy this foundation, but I asked for a sample and the SA gave me a generous one. Since Guerlain is incredibly expensive I didn't immediately want to splurge. I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I liked everything about it, except for the colour. It was just too warm toned for my Asian skin. I could tell a difference between the colour of my face and the colour of my neck and cleavage. However, I wore it on a day when I helped a friend move, so there was a lot of physical activity involved. Even though I sweated and felt warm, this make up was still on my face, no sliding or slipping or whatever. So the staying power is excellent. But still, I'm not going to buy the full bottle, cause I don't want to walk around with a slightly orange face :( All in all, good stuff, just not suitable for people with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I co-sign all the rave reviews below, this is my HG in foundations, much better than my prior HG Chanel's Teint Innocence and La Prairie's Skin Caviar Fndt. Parure Extreme covers my hyperpigmentation and is not cakey at all, you can spread it lightly and evenly. It doesn't make my normal skin oily or dry. I'm NC35 or NC40 (depending on the time of the year) and am wearing 04, although 03 would probably be a better colour choice. This baby lasts for 14 hours and am certainly going to stick with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Martini82

Absolute HG!!! I've tried MAC, Christian Dior, Clarins, YSL, MUF, Estee Lauder...you name it and this is the ONLY foundation that still looks fab at the end of a 12 hour working day, doesn't dry out my skin, controls oil on T-zone and covers acne scars! Would not hesitate to recommend...is well worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Harp88

HG!!!

I cannot express how much I love this foundation. Such good coverage but so incredibly light. I use either my 187 or foundation brush (190? lol) to apply and both work very well, you need a tiny amount. I'm an NC35ish and I wear 03 and it works perfectly but if you're spending so much money on a foundation just go try it out for yourself to make sure you get the right shade. It's just phenomenal, I think this is a start of a new Guerlain obsession. I use GOSH primer (much better than Smashbox, especially if you have larger pores), then this, and then a very light sprinkling of Smashbox Halo Powder in light. Very good coverage and I look like I'm hardly wearing anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by SeReNe512

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for all the pale pale ladies out there. The fairest shade in this line is 31- Ambre Pale, followed by 01- Beige Pale, then 32- Ambre Clair. I am aware that the above 3 shades are not available everywhere, so the lightest shade where you are might most probably be 02- Beige Clair (which is kind of dark, imho.)

I hope this helps in one way or another!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually a little shocked at how beautiful this foundation is. I almost don't even want to write a review because it's got to be too good to be true. The color selection isn't very good, but if you can find a color, it might just be your HG. I am about NW20 and 02 is quite lovely on my skin. It stays on and looks fresh all day. It's a perfect fit for my skin (which is on the drier side, but is acne prone in my T-zone area).

I will update this if after time it lets me down. I'm nervous to get too excited because I've been let down before :) But as of right now, it's my HG.

*Edit/Update*- I still think this foundation is beautiful, but it was just too dark on me. I guess I'm closer to NW15. Bummer, because it's gorgeous. If you can find a color, you're lucky!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of the best around. Covers expertly, controls oiliness, yet stays comfortable and dewy, on my sensitive combo patchy skin. The only problem I have is 02 is still too dark. I'm not even light skinned, and it was still not a match to my light to medium yellow toned skin. For reference BB Sand is a perfect match for me, but have to resort to EL DWL 01 until I find a foundation that I actually like and matches my skin.

1 lippie off for no color match & the tinny bit of oxidation, however I would repurchase it, if it was actually a perfect match. The search goes on...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No