Ecotools retractable kabuki

4.6

on 10/3/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I use this to buff my powder in after moisturizing my face (I'm not a liquid foundation type of girl). This brush is amazing! Mine did fall apart but after supergluing back together and I don't use it as a retractable brush (I just leave it out now and sits on my vanity)... It's perfect now and I've washed it twice. Highly recommend, just make sure you have superglue nearby because it's very likely the brush will fall apart.

on 9/29/2011 10:31:00 AM

This is probably one of my favourite brushes ever. Packaging wise, it is a retractable kabuki in a slim, sleek lightweight aluminium casing which comes with a resealable zip-lock pouch. It's very inexpensive for the quality which is definitely on par with or even exceeds that of my department store brushes. The brush itself is fantastic quality. It is incredibly dense, the bristles are just the right length and have the right amount of resistance for buffing on my mineral foundation into the skin perfectly. It can also be used to blend out blushes or bronzer or apply loose or finishing powders. It is easy to hold and use and I love that it's retractable, which makes it perfect for travel while ensuring that the brushes stay clean in a makeup bag. If you want to make it more dense, don't retract the brush totally, so that the bristle length becomes shorter - this makes it much denser and firmer, which is great for more precise or targeted application (e.g. buffing more foundation on problem spots). Love this, and can't wait to try out more Ecotools brushes!

on 9/29/2011 2:37:00 AM

Love love love. So soft and so compact! It blends powders beautifully.

on 9/29/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this for my Chanel bronze universal.its really soft and dense but not a favorite for some reason....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Almost all my makeup brushes are from Ecotools, minus three of them(which are from ELF's studio line). And this is my absolute favorite of all my makeup brushes!

Very soft yet durable, I haven't had any problem with it coming off like some reviewers here. I've had mine for about a year and it's still great! Only thing is that it does get a little lopsided after consistent use, but that's really no big deal. This is great for mineral makeup, pressed powder, blush, etc. Plus it's small enough to carry in your purse without taking up a lot of room!

Overall, this is a great product and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, just make sure to clean it and safe, and it should last you a while.:)

on 9/24/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

love this! I keep it in my purse at all times to re-touch with my matte powder

on 9/17/2011 12:02:00 PM

This was a nice soft brush until, like so many other reveiwers have reported, it completely fell apart. I have the other Ecotools brushes, with the bamboo handles and so far these have held up.

on 9/14/2011 7:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

GOTTA HAVE IT! This is the category this amazing brush should be classified under. The aluminum casing takes such good care of the super-soft bristles I'm definitely not going to need a new one anytime soon! I use it to apply face powder all over, sometimes I overwork it by dusting my powder foundation, but it never fails to deliver. Everyone should have one of this.

on 9/4/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

One of my favourite brushes and it's my must-have brush in my bag for daily touch-up. So easy to bring around and not have to worry about if the brush is wrecked due to improper storing. Just pick up, remove cover, touch up, close it and toss it back to bag. Soft and feels good when dusting it on face, doesn't pick up excess powder for touching up so allow easy building up if needed. It's been with me for more than a year and no shedding yet.

It did dismantled once when i dropped the entire brush with cover but i got it fixed easily by glueing the brush portion back to the aluminium holder, and it serves me good since then. As the brush is very dense, it's not easy to wash or dry, takes serveral rinsing to get it clean and days to dry completely. Hence I got a 2nd one to stand in while I wash the other. Definitely will repurchase if there's a need to.

on 9/4/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This brush is soooooo soft! I love that it's retractable and good quality but still inexpensive. Also, I've had this for over a month and I've experienced no shedding whatsoever. My only gripe about this is that it takes nearly two days to dry because it's so dense. However I love that it's dense. I guess the trade off is worth it. 5/5!!

Popular Makeup Brushes