Ecotools retractable kabuki

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So far so good! This product is even softer than my Ultimate line of brushes. I use it to apply my Sobe Botanicals Night Minerals, so I'm not using it for foundation. I use a flat kabuki for foundation. It's a decent size and is super soft, silky, applies evenly and the retractable feature works seamlessly. Great for daily use, travel, or to have as an extra brush used for something separate from daily makeup.

on 10/12/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So after deathmatching this and Too Faced's retractable kabuki, I have to say that Too Faced wins. Now Ecotools' retractable is a great value at $8 versus Too Faced's $32, and has a brush dense enough to pick up product from my hard pressed powder yet soft enough to not be scratchy on my skin. However you get what you pay for. Ecotools' recycled aluminum case is flimsy and doesn't shut as tightly/securely as the TF retractable kabuki; TF's brush is longer and with much softer bristles that pick up just as much product as Ecotools; and TF's retractable brush when closed is actually smaller (and thus more compact) than Ecotools' by about half an inch. I've heard that Ecotools' brush is prone to falling apart with prolonged use, and while I've had it for two weeks and the bristles are fine the retracting mechanism is already getting stuck, which doesn't bode well for the longevity of the brush. In all I'd say Ecotools is fine if in a pinch and/or on a budget, but I'd still save up for Too Faced's retractable kabuki.

on 10/10/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this brush. It is:

-soft
-inexpensive

I will repurchase.

on 10/3/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I use this to buff my powder in after moisturizing my face (I'm not a liquid foundation type of girl). This brush is amazing! Mine did fall apart but after supergluing back together and I don't use it as a retractable brush (I just leave it out now and sits on my vanity)... It's perfect now and I've washed it twice. Highly recommend, just make sure you have superglue nearby because it's very likely the brush will fall apart.

on 9/29/2011 10:31:00 AM

This is probably one of my favourite brushes ever. Packaging wise, it is a retractable kabuki in a slim, sleek lightweight aluminium casing which comes with a resealable zip-lock pouch. It's very inexpensive for the quality which is definitely on par with or even exceeds that of my department store brushes. The brush itself is fantastic quality. It is incredibly dense, the bristles are just the right length and have the right amount of resistance for buffing on my mineral foundation into the skin perfectly. It can also be used to blend out blushes or bronzer or apply loose or finishing powders. It is easy to hold and use and I love that it's retractable, which makes it perfect for travel while ensuring that the brushes stay clean in a makeup bag. If you want to make it more dense, don't retract the brush totally, so that the bristle length becomes shorter - this makes it much denser and firmer, which is great for more precise or targeted application (e.g. buffing more foundation on problem spots). Love this, and can't wait to try out more Ecotools brushes!

on 9/29/2011 2:37:00 AM

Love love love. So soft and so compact! It blends powders beautifully.

on 9/29/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this for my Chanel bronze universal.its really soft and dense but not a favorite for some reason....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Almost all my makeup brushes are from Ecotools, minus three of them(which are from ELF's studio line). And this is my absolute favorite of all my makeup brushes!

Very soft yet durable, I haven't had any problem with it coming off like some reviewers here. I've had mine for about a year and it's still great! Only thing is that it does get a little lopsided after consistent use, but that's really no big deal. This is great for mineral makeup, pressed powder, blush, etc. Plus it's small enough to carry in your purse without taking up a lot of room!

Overall, this is a great product and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, just make sure to clean it and safe, and it should last you a while.:)

on 9/24/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

love this! I keep it in my purse at all times to re-touch with my matte powder

on 9/17/2011 12:02:00 PM

This was a nice soft brush until, like so many other reveiwers have reported, it completely fell apart. I have the other Ecotools brushes, with the bamboo handles and so far these have held up.

Popular Makeup Brushes