December 22, 2014 | 1762 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Almost all my makeup brushes are from Ecotools, minus three of them(which are from ELF's studio line). And this is my absolute favorite of all my makeup brushes!

Very soft yet durable, I haven't had any problem with it coming off like some reviewers here. I've had mine for about a year and it's still great! Only thing is that it does get a little lopsided after consistent use, but that's really no big deal. This is great for mineral makeup, pressed powder, blush, etc. Plus it's small enough to carry in your purse without taking up a lot of room!

Overall, this is a great product and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, just make sure to clean it and safe, and it should last you a while.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mamaoitai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this! I keep it in my purse at all times to re-touch with my matte powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This was a nice soft brush until, like so many other reveiwers have reported, it completely fell apart. I have the other Ecotools brushes, with the bamboo handles and so far these have held up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by sleepeystar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

GOTTA HAVE IT! This is the category this amazing brush should be classified under. The aluminum casing takes such good care of the super-soft bristles I'm definitely not going to need a new one anytime soon! I use it to apply face powder all over, sometimes I overwork it by dusting my powder foundation, but it never fails to deliver. Everyone should have one of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Babycherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite brushes and it's my must-have brush in my bag for daily touch-up. So easy to bring around and not have to worry about if the brush is wrecked due to improper storing. Just pick up, remove cover, touch up, close it and toss it back to bag. Soft and feels good when dusting it on face, doesn't pick up excess powder for touching up so allow easy building up if needed. It's been with me for more than a year and no shedding yet.

It did dismantled once when i dropped the entire brush with cover but i got it fixed easily by glueing the brush portion back to the aluminium holder, and it serves me good since then. As the brush is very dense, it's not easy to wash or dry, takes serveral rinsing to get it clean and days to dry completely. Hence I got a 2nd one to stand in while I wash the other. Definitely will repurchase if there's a need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Catalyzt2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is soooooo soft! I love that it's retractable and good quality but still inexpensive. Also, I've had this for over a month and I've experienced no shedding whatsoever. My only gripe about this is that it takes nearly two days to dry because it's so dense. However I love that it's dense. I guess the trade off is worth it. 5/5!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a dense retractable kabuki brush with synthetic bristles. Good for powder but not blush on the go. Mine don't seem to be trim well, the shape of the bristles are uneven instead of being nicely rounded. But it does not seem to affect performance although would have preferred a nicer look.

Works well to buff foundation, blend liquid blush etc. I liked it alot. Takes longer to dry after washing as the bristles are very dense. After some time, the bristles are not as soft as when i first got it... rather disappointing.

The container is made of recycled aluminium i think, feels alittle flimsy but so far no problem - had it for about a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by KitoX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those people who moves their makeup collection around with them, and having a light, good-quality, retractable travel kabuki brush was a must. I actually decided that I wasn't going to invest my hard-earned cash in one unless I could throw it in my bag & not worry about having to replace it after the bristles got mangled by being in the bag with my products.

First, let me say that this kabuki brush is atypical for a kabuki, but well-designed nonetheless. The brush itself is denser than what you'd expect from a kabuki, but it has to be because the bristle density is designed to pick up a particular amount of product. Did I mention it feels SOFT as anything against the skin? So far I've only used this brush with pressed powder foundation, but it seems to pick up just the right amount for good distribution across the skin. The thing I really like about this brush is the fact that no matter how I swirl it in the compact, it almost always picks up product evenly over the bristles. This makes it easier to apply.

Second, retractable. Did I mention retractable? Does the aluminum casing feel light (almost cheap)? Yes. Does it function even so? He** yes. So far I've yet to come across any other retractable/portable kabuki brush that's as well-engineered or as portable as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 7/8/14: Still waiting for a bristle to fall out!
UPDATE 7/13/12: Still a great brush with not a single bristle falling out! Love it!

An all-time fave of mine after over a year of use. And I'm picky.
Why?
Makes my liquid foundation look air-brushed, flawless, but natural. Better than ever, actually.
Not a bristle has fallen out after daily use for over a year.
A DREAM for travel.
Never goops up, never streaks. Better than Ecotools flat retractable foundation brush, which can streak at times...
And all the other great qualities others have mentioned.

This is a long-time keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this kabuki brush; it's so soft and dense you can apply powder to your face over and over again. It's convienent for travel and useful for multiple things. I love that the packing is recycled.