April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 7/13/12: Still a great brush with not a single bristle falling out! Love it!
An all-time fave of mine after over a year of use. And I'm picky.
Why?
Makes my liquid foundation look air-brushed, flawless, but natural. Better than ever, actually.
Not a bristle has fallen out after daily use for over a year.
A DREAM for travel.
Never goops up, never streaks. Better than Ecotools flat retractable foundation brush, which can streak at times...
And all the other great qualities others have mentioned.

This is a long-time keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this kabuki brush; it's so soft and dense you can apply powder to your face over and over again. It's convienent for travel and useful for multiple things. I love that the packing is recycled.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by unc04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use for travel, but I like it so much that I use it for everyday. It never sheds and applies my mmu perfectly. I like that its retractable so it doesn't get dirty when I put it in my travel toiletry kit. For the price, it's a steal. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG powder brush! Absolutely love it! I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix pressed powder and it works puuuurfectly!

I have owned & used the MAC loose powder brush & it pales in comparison to ecotools kabuki.

I would recommend this to everyone who wants a brush that effectively applies powder without loosing half of it in the actual brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love ecotools brushes! This one i use to put my maybelline fit me finishing powder.it grab the right amount of make up.distribute it equally. As a finishing brush to buff the make up equally,perfect! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because of the great reviews, and it certainly lives up to the expectations. It is so incredibly soft as well as dense. I use it to apply my Mac studio fix powder foundation and no other brush (sigma, MAC etc) can give such a great, flawless, non cakey and natural look. I love that its retractable (and works well) so I can easily take it in my handbag. The packing feels plasticy and cheap, but it was cheap so Im not complaining or deducting any points!
Thanks again EcoTools :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by g0oo0f

Okay...BUY THIS. While I haven't tried TOO many brushes before, I have used bareminerals kabuki and ELFs kabukis, and this kicks ass by far!! Bought one before and lost it...finally bought a replacement and don't know why I waited so long to do so! Love how it retracts so it doesn't get dirty in my makeup bag. The brush is SO soft and super dense, so it applies my bareminerals foundation flawlessly (and I have blemished skin). My friend tried this once and said "OMG I love this brush where did you get it?" Walmart. 6 bucks. BOMB :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a fantastic retractable kabuki! The bristles are synthetic, but feel incredibly soft against my skin - not scratchy at all! I prefer the use of retractable kabuki's especially when out-and-about since you can adjust how you like the coverage; sheer or full by sliding up/down the lid. It also works great for creme products (such as blush) if you just slide up the lid cover so the bristles become shorter/dense. My only complaint is that after washing, it takes twice as long to dry compared with normal brushes due to the design of retractable brushes in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Ldv15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE THIS BRUSH! I used to be a sponge applicator type of person on the go but I realized that my sponge would look so disgusting after only several uses! I decided to invest in a portable kabuki and I am so glad I did.

The bristles are SO soft and it feels great on your face when you have touch ups or putting on finishing powder. I have not used it for mineral powder application or liquid foundation application so I cannot comment on that.

It was around $11 at Wal-Mart Canada so definitely a great buy! I have yet to wash it but per review of the other feedbacks here, it seems to hold up well. I recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by fscgirl11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG Kabuki brush. I have about 3 or so Kabuki brushes, and I find that this one is the one that I go to the most. It is so soft, and is a very decent size for a travel kabuki brush. It's dense, and it picks up product very well. I purchased this brush for myself, and then my mother got one and she loved it as well. You can't go wrong with this brush!