September 17, 2014 | 2119 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a dense retractable kabuki brush with synthetic bristles. Good for powder but not blush on the go. Mine don't seem to be trim well, the shape of the bristles are uneven instead of being nicely rounded. But it does not seem to affect performance although would have preferred a nicer look.

Works well to buff foundation, blend liquid blush etc. I liked it alot. Takes longer to dry after washing as the bristles are very dense. After some time, the bristles are not as soft as when i first got it... rather disappointing.

The container is made of recycled aluminium i think, feels alittle flimsy but so far no problem - had it for about a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by KitoX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those people who moves their makeup collection around with them, and having a light, good-quality, retractable travel kabuki brush was a must. I actually decided that I wasn't going to invest my hard-earned cash in one unless I could throw it in my bag & not worry about having to replace it after the bristles got mangled by being in the bag with my products.

First, let me say that this kabuki brush is atypical for a kabuki, but well-designed nonetheless. The brush itself is denser than what you'd expect from a kabuki, but it has to be because the bristle density is designed to pick up a particular amount of product. Did I mention it feels SOFT as anything against the skin? So far I've only used this brush with pressed powder foundation, but it seems to pick up just the right amount for good distribution across the skin. The thing I really like about this brush is the fact that no matter how I swirl it in the compact, it almost always picks up product evenly over the bristles. This makes it easier to apply.

Second, retractable. Did I mention retractable? Does the aluminum casing feel light (almost cheap)? Yes. Does it function even so? He** yes. So far I've yet to come across any other retractable/portable kabuki brush that's as well-engineered or as portable as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 7/8/14: Still waiting for a bristle to fall out!
UPDATE 7/13/12: Still a great brush with not a single bristle falling out! Love it!

An all-time fave of mine after over a year of use. And I'm picky.
Why?
Makes my liquid foundation look air-brushed, flawless, but natural. Better than ever, actually.
Not a bristle has fallen out after daily use for over a year.
A DREAM for travel.
Never goops up, never streaks. Better than Ecotools flat retractable foundation brush, which can streak at times...
And all the other great qualities others have mentioned.

This is a long-time keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this kabuki brush; it's so soft and dense you can apply powder to your face over and over again. It's convienent for travel and useful for multiple things. I love that the packing is recycled.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by unc04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use for travel, but I like it so much that I use it for everyday. It never sheds and applies my mmu perfectly. I like that its retractable so it doesn't get dirty when I put it in my travel toiletry kit. For the price, it's a steal. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG powder brush! Absolutely love it! I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix pressed powder and it works puuuurfectly!

I have owned & used the MAC loose powder brush & it pales in comparison to ecotools kabuki.

I would recommend this to everyone who wants a brush that effectively applies powder without loosing half of it in the actual brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love ecotools brushes! This one i use to put my maybelline fit me finishing powder.it grab the right amount of make up.distribute it equally. As a finishing brush to buff the make up equally,perfect! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because of the great reviews, and it certainly lives up to the expectations. It is so incredibly soft as well as dense. I use it to apply my Mac studio fix powder foundation and no other brush (sigma, MAC etc) can give such a great, flawless, non cakey and natural look. I love that its retractable (and works well) so I can easily take it in my handbag. The packing feels plasticy and cheap, but it was cheap so Im not complaining or deducting any points!
Thanks again EcoTools :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by g0oo0f

Okay...BUY THIS. While I haven't tried TOO many brushes before, I have used bareminerals kabuki and ELFs kabukis, and this kicks ass by far!! Bought one before and lost it...finally bought a replacement and don't know why I waited so long to do so! Love how it retracts so it doesn't get dirty in my makeup bag. The brush is SO soft and super dense, so it applies my bareminerals foundation flawlessly (and I have blemished skin). My friend tried this once and said "OMG I love this brush where did you get it?" Walmart. 6 bucks. BOMB :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a fantastic retractable kabuki! The bristles are synthetic, but feel incredibly soft against my skin - not scratchy at all! I prefer the use of retractable kabuki's especially when out-and-about since you can adjust how you like the coverage; sheer or full by sliding up/down the lid. It also works great for creme products (such as blush) if you just slide up the lid cover so the bristles become shorter/dense. My only complaint is that after washing, it takes twice as long to dry compared with normal brushes due to the design of retractable brushes in general.