October 26, 2014 | 1669 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jlprincipe87

I've been using baking soda just about daily as my cleanser/gentle exfoliater. I have super dry and sensitive skin. This hasn't irritated my skin at all so far.

I use this a couple of ways.
For daily use I put a small amount in my hand and start adding a small amount of water until it forms a paste. I then LIGHTLY rub it into my entire (damp) face in small circular motions, concentrating most of the product on my t-zone.
I rinse with warm water and again with cool water. I pat my face dry and follow up with a small amount of baby oil to moisturize (not recommended for everyone).
I usually do this after my nightly shower.

The other way I use it is as a mask once a week. I create a paste with the product (same way I did above) and rub it into my t-zone creating an even layer.
I wait 5-10 minutes and then rinse the baking soda off. While rinsing it off, I continue to rub the product GENTLY in circular motions. Rinse again with cool water, and I'm done!

Again my skin is super sensitive and dry. It's very easily irritated and this has not irritated it at all. I was also shocked that it didn't dry my skin out. If you have sensitive skin like myself, I suggest using a very light amount of pressure while massaging this onto your face.

I highly recommend giving this a shot!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i use a tiny bit on the middle of my face around my nose and on my forehead. i mix it with water and leave it on for a few minutes than gently rinse it off. it does sting a little but it clears up my skin better than anything else i've ever tried. i use this as a 'treatment' once a week or so just because i don't think i can handle using it any more frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by dmf087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne on my chin that will not go away and I read on many sites to try a baking soda mask once a week so I did for a couple months and while, it did NOTHING for my acne, I do love how it makes my skin feel after I wash it off, so soft and clean.
I don't LOVE it like everyone else seems to, but I don't hate it either, it's just average for acne treatment.I'd classify it more as a plain exfoliating mask, but that might just be me.
Oh and I recently discovered it makes a good dry shampoo too, gets rid of product build up. Just rub a few handfuls, depending on your hair length/thickness, in your hair, let sit for a few minutes, rinse then follow with a conditioner. (use once or twice a week)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love using baking soda because it help me with my acne and my acne scars. what I love doing 1 a week is to make baking soda mask for my face all I do is just mix it up with water and appy the paste onto my face.I usally leave it on for 15 min and wash it of. when I wash it off I rub my hands in cicular motions so it can exfoliate my skin .and after that I follow up by my moistrizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I was waiting for my skin and everything else to settle with this amazing little gem before I do a review about it.

First, HAIR. Add a TINY TINY AMOUNT...I repeat, TINY AMOUNT to your regular shampoo or add water(whatever you prefer) and rub onto your roots. Let it settle for a min and then rinse with warm water. This is an amazing clarifying shampoo and removed all the product build-up that was weighing down my fine hair. If your hair felt straw-like and squeaky clean. Just towel-dry your hair and add a good deep conditioner or hair oil(if blowdrying) then rinse off if deep-conditioning. T

Teeth, I don't see much of whitening yet but my teeth did feel cleaner when brushing with baking soda and my regular toothpaste. It did look less stained, but only once a week because this would destroy your enamel somehow.

Face, I use it as a scrub and use REALLY LITTLE amount of baking soda and water. I do gentle circular motions to slough off dead skin. BE SURE TO BE REALLY GENTLE and follow up with a good hydrating facial wash and moisturiser(Currently using Hada Labo range). Wow, this did an amazing job to give me smooth skin and purge some millia(sp?) seeds while getting rid of the crazy bumps I have on my chin. My chin has never felt so smooth even with sugar exfoliation. This may not seem abrasive but it's definitely much much more abrasive than sugar and recommended to only do once a week, and not daily.

For those who says to lay off the skin because it damages the acid mantle, you just need to quickly restore the pH balance of the skin by using the right products. My Hada Labo products have super hyaluronic acid and keeps my skin pH balanced as well.

Foot soak, just fill a basin with warm water and drop a couple spoonful of baking soda in. And just soak your feet in bliss, this just relaxes me and soften my feet too. Will be indulging in this once or twice a week because it's a simple joy to be soaking my feet in this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am STUNNED!!! I have always bought different scrubs..and they never really got rid of my blackheads. I have alot around my nose and chin. Latley I have been more into affordable and natural beauty products..I just did a spot test and tried it on my chin and let it sit for about 3 minutes..I gently rinsed it off and amazing..blackheads are gone!!! and my skin is glowing. I am shocked that a $1 box of baking soda did this..no more scrubs for me..love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Salspin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been on a natural product kick lately, so while going through the cupboard and coming across an unopened package of baking soda, I thought why not, let's give it a shot. (I have somewhat sensitive skin, though it's oily and acne prone.)

For my face, I put it on as a mask mixed with grapeseed oil, castor oil, and tea tree (OCM method), and left it on in the shower. Warning: It is EXTREMELY abrasive! My cheeks stung for quite a bit afterward! After I patted it off, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the baking soda had taken away nearly all the blackheads on my nose, leaving my skin considerably clearer. Never gotten such good results before!

For my hair, this makes a brilliant clarifying shampoo, and removes all the dirt and oil from my hair. Great for once a week usage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by xogabrielle

I use this a scrub every night after I remove my makeup to give my face a gentle scrub. I also use it after I brush my teeth to make them really bright. It's cheap and has sooo many uses but these are my main ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this as my exfoliator for face and body! I have extremely acne prone skin- really bumpy and very intolerant to most products I try. I started using this daily after cleansing with Purity Made Simple and WOW!! My skin feels so smooth, looks more even and it has helped tremendously to clear my psycho skin up. HG exfoliator, plus it's great with epsom salts for a detoxifying bath. Use 1-2 cups of each and lay back and relax. So many uses for such an inexpensive product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this mixed with shampoo and face wash and I didn't really like it either way. It turned my shampoo into a strange texture and it was difficult to wash out of my hair. As for a face scrub, it had the perfect consistency but it burned like hell and made my face bright red. I need a gentle scrub that can be used daily because my oily skin becomes rough and dull looking otherwise. I wouldn't even consider using this daily unless I was trying to burn my skin off. Be careful with this one, the Ph is way higher than that of your skin. Using products with a high Ph can actually damage your skin's natural barrier. And for those of you that think baking soda is all natural, think again. While baking soda is a naturally occuring mineral known as nahcolite, the baking soda that we're buying at the grocery store is artificially produced because it's much cheaper to make.