Tangle Teezer

4.4

on 9/30/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this from Sally's it's around 14-15 bucks but you can get it a couple bucks cheaper if you have a Sally's card. I bought this in pink, but at sallys they also carry a purple color and black. I like the way this brush looks. There's also a one with a handle but I bought the one with out the handle. This seriously gets out a lot of tangles. I have a lot of hair but it's very fine in texture. I had highlights previously before I died my hair again and now I died it more of an ombre so the ends get really dry since they've been bleached. My hair has always been very prone to tangles and snaps more easily than thicker hair would so I always use to spray in detangler and wait till my hair was dry to brush it. With this I wait about 10 min after spraying my products in then start brushing from bottom to top. This helps run through the tangles more smoothly but I do notice that you still have to be careful because you can snap your hair. This actually does help distribute the products evenly through out the hair to make your hair more manageable. My hair feels more smooth and soft and shiny. Once my hair is dry it's even more easier to brush it through now since it already combed out tangles and slides through so easy. I will probably be repurchasing if I ever needed a back up or for my mom or friends. What a neat idea

on 9/24/2012 5:40:00 AM

I have long thick hair, that tangles easily. I thought this would be my new holy grail, but unfortunately it did not live up to the hype. I can only use it on the second half of my hair, from mid-length to the ends, because the plastic teeth scratch the skin of my head. It did not replace my regular brush - if my hair is being very stubborn, I first use my brush to generally detangle my hair, then this teezer only for the ends, and then my regular brush again so the whole hair is smoothed. It was quite expensive, as I had to order it from an online website in the UK and really it's not worth it. I hardly ever use it. It looks cute though, I have it in glitzy violet :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have long fine straight hair that tangles at the nape of my neck so I leave this in my purse, for when my hair tangles mid day it works, doesn't rip my hair out I still prefer my generic Mason brush for when I get up in the morning, but this leaves my hair smooth and tangle free without ripping it out, the product has a weird shape though. I got this at Sally's beauty supply not bad it was 12 bucks I think. I don't know how this would do for very thick or curly hair but if you have fine straight hair that tangles this is a good product

on 9/21/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Yes - this lives up to the hype! If you have long (at least shoulder length) and/or coarse/curly hair, this brush is a MUST! I use it wet with conditioner and nothing when dry. (My vent and boar brushes now just sit there.) It doesn't pull on your hair - just detangles it with a minimum of hair loss. I now focus on scalp massages instead of dry hair brushing. Truly worth the $11.99 at Sally's. And yes, I would repurchase if necessary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Tangle Teezer $11.99 at Sally Beauty Supply. After seeing the raves I figured I would give Tangle Teezer a try. My hair is med / long, and mixed texture. There is a new model out that has a handle, I am reviewing the original TT without handle.

After I shampoo and conditioned my hair I ran the TT through and (like another reviewer noted) it sliced through like butter! I didn't use more conditioner than usual, the TT did all the work:) I liked the feeling that my hair was being coated throughly with conditioner while I was detangling. When I used a combo shampoo / conditioner it took a little more work but still, TT wins over hairbrush hands down! I would not recommend using this on hair my length without conditioner.

The best thing about TT is that after I step out of the shower no additional combing is needed. No leave in conditioner and detangling combs anymore! To keep from clogging my drain in the shower I hold my hair as I go through it, this also keeps the hair off of my body (i hate the feeling of stray hairs!).

I typically shed a lot of hair when I brush (I only brush after washing), my DH jokes that a rat is in the garbage bin when I clean out my hairbrush! I haven't noticed I lose less hair than I normally do, but I have noticed that I feel better when using TT to detangle. I don't hear snaps and don't see breakage (so important since I am prone to breakage along the front of my head). I'm glad I don't have to use an excess amount of conditioner just to get a brush through my hair as well. Not only is that costly but it builds up over time. Also, being able to detangle in the shower has been nice. In the past I would use a wide tooth comb to detangle while in the shower since a hairbrush isn't designed to sit in the shower soaking wet. I love the design of TT and that it is so easy to clean and that I can keep it in my shower. All in all, this is a great product that I would have mistakenly walked right past thinking it was gimmick-y.

Must have for longer hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This brush really lives up to its repuatation. I was curious enough to buy it but wary of the hype and in the end I'm so happy I got this detangling wonder.
It does work, it brushes away every single hair without pulling or hurting as every other brush would.
Every woman should have this tool. It works wonders, you will spend a third of the time you used to spend on detangling, either wet or dry.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought the flower pot tangle teezer for my 4 year old. Her hair is very fine, and after being asleep it is curly and wavy and wispy! Doing her hair for school is a nightmare usually as brushing through the sleep induced tattyness hurt her. Anyhow, this has added a fun element to it! The brush on this is super gentle and gently smooths the hair of any tats, apart from the odd mega tat which is rare now!

Double whammy is that the flower pot doubles up as a bobble storage container :-) win win!

on 9/12/2012 3:56:00 AM

This has to be the weirdest thing I own in my bathroom. It looks a little alien, in my opinion, and the hot bubblegum pink is very striking. However, despite its looks, it's an excellent detangler. Previously I'd been using a wide tooth comb and then a Mason Pearson detangling comb with not much success. My hair is long (like down to the small of my back) and tangles very easily. I was getting sick of constantly ripping out clumps of hair in the shower (especially since this is very expensive dyed hair) that I jumped onto a forum and noticed heaps of girls raving about this brush. So I bought one online and when I popped it out of its plastic packaging, I swear it looked like the kind of brush you'd use on a horse rather than on a lady's head. The bristles aren't particularly soft but they are rounded and kinda massage your scalp nicely when you brush it through your hair. Whilst I still can't avoid yanking out a couple strands of hair, that is still so much better than what I was putting up with before, so overall I'm very happy with this brush.

on 9/8/2012 11:14:00 PM

This is a very good detangling brush, it gets all the tangles out easily without ripping the hair out. I also use one on my 3 year old daughter who would cry before when I brushed her hair but not when using this brush.

on 8/8/2012 9:08:00 AM

I have extremely fine baby hair that is very long (nearing mid back). The ends are dry and tangle easily so spending 15-30 minutes a day combing out knots with a wide tooth comb in the morning over some coffee has been a ritual for years. One day I just got really fed up on spending all this time on my hair and since I used a stiff comb I was fed up of my hair being pulled. I bought the tangle teezer based on the reviews here and I am DISAPPOINTED :( For one thing, the tangle teaser has not reduced the amount of time I need to spend combing knots, it takes just as long. Secondly the quality of this comb is POOR. The plastic teeth scratch my scalp because they have no protective heads. And the third biggest problem is seeing all this hair come out with the brush. I know hair came out with my comb but I know all those hairs had roots on them, these tangle teezer hairs sometimes do not which suggests breakage. The upside of this brush is it doesn't tug on my head like the hard comb but I wish i'd just bought a flexi wide tooth comb than this product. The finish of the hair is also quite nice but no better than using a proper cushion brush for styling which is what I normally do. Save your hair and buy a quality flexible comb than this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials