November 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lori2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Now I can wear Maybelline Full and Soft without flaking or any other mascara that flaked on me. Great stuff. I also like using it as a brow gel. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

I really like this mascara sealer. Its like those other makeup sealers out there made for your lashes to keep mascara from smudging. It looks clear and it comes in a mascara tube that reminds me of Eyeko's packaging- kinda like toothpaste tubes. All you do is swipe it on your lashes after applying mascara (let the mascara dry first) and thats it. Almost all mascaras smudge on me (except for my Blinc KissMe) and this product allows me to wear regular mascara. It works well for me. You can buy it at any Clarins counter for about $18, so its not too pricey. The only 2 problems I have with it are the packaging because on the junction of the tube and wand the actual hole of the tube is recessed farther inside the tube so theres like this weird distance from the opening of the tube to the actual rim of the tube. So when you pull the wand out, theres extra goop stuck near the top of the tube. If you ever see it you'll know what I mean. Another thing is that its pretty difficult to remove even with eye makeup remover, it takes a while for it to come off. I guess I can never be happy with everything, but I don't mind that part too much. Anything is OK as long as mascara is still on! If you have that problem like I do where mascara rubs off, you may want to try this over your mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cmil

While this product does make mascara smudge-proof, it make my lashes look too dull...I've tried a lot to master it, but still get the dull effect. I went through two bottles of this before I discover Clarins Instant Matte Gel. I like to use Instant Matte Gel as a final step around my eys to keep mascara from smudging. It works great for me. If I didn't find another solution to solve my mascara-smudge problem, I'll continue to buy this. But I have already, so no need of this. Unless maybe if I went to go to the swimming pool or beach and still want to look good..kehehe =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

currently using my second tube.......great top coat that stop any mascara from smudging...........but since now i've found a smudgeproof mascara-anna sui super mascara......i dun really need it anymore.......but still it's a very good product......

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by VicStar

To all those who are like me, who for some reason have oily eyelids/undereye and always scared about smudging/panda eyes after 2 hours- this product is for you! I read about the great reviews here and am happy to confirm - yes ladies - it is true. I have tried Waterproof everything and nothing has worked. Now i can buy ANY mascara (tried maxfactor/lancome (hypnose)/Maybelline Full & Soft (NOT WATERPROOF) and now they all stay put!!! Amazing.
I now can rave about mascaras for their real job rather than does it or does it not smudge.
Directions to put on: I've tried 2.
One is to put on your mascara, then wait 3 mins so mascara completely dries (try not to blink too much), then put on Clarins Mascara Fix (both under and on top of lashes) and you're done!

Second (i used Maybelline Full & Soft,) i put on the mascara and just waited 1 minute - they're semi dry/semi wet and then put on Mascara fix so the glossiness is still there and that still works!!!
As for those girls that say it leaves those white flaky bits - it says to me that something's too dry - when i used Hypnose mascara it did that too but i didn't get that with Full & Soft.
The packaging isn't the most flash but i don't think it really matters since the product works!!!
I got this from Ebay for $30AUD so why not!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

For those who are on the fence about buying this product, I would say go ahead anyways because even if it doesn't work for you as mascara sealant, it can still be used as an effective brow gel. I purchased this product as a water/smudge proofer for one of my HG mascaras, Shu Uemura Basic. I like how this mascara sealant does not change the original look of the mascara and doesn't wilt my curl. I wiggle it at the roots of the lashes and coat a few times in order to ensure the entire lash is covered. It helps make the mascara more smudgeproof on me and gives me full confidence to be in any sort of wet weather without my mascara moving. The mascara sealant can be removed with any oil/silicone mix (Lancome's bifacial or Clinique's Take the Day Off).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by foundationaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i put this on on top of my favorite mascara when it rains or whenever i want to have a smudge-proof day. i can literally SWIM in this mascara, that's how powerful it is. i don't wear it everyday (even though i'd like to) is because it's extremely hard to take off..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kokar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not working for me. My mascara smudges even more with Mascara Fix on! AND I apply it under and over my lashes too. Am I doing anything wrong here?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2005 7:49:00 AM More reviews by p5r79

I've been looking for something like this forever!!! Thank you ladies on MUA! I am too one of those people who have tried every mascara in the world hoping to find that one smudge proof mascara that works for ME so I don't have to suffer through yet another afternoon of embarrassing raccoon eyes. I've tried all the low-end and high-end mascaras... only mascara that came close to what I needed is Mirenesse mascara, which is wonderful, but it has its own faults. Just because of my past experiences, I was very skeptical about Mascara Fix too. However, Im happy to report that it delivers everything it says it does. Now I can wear any mascara that I want and just put a thin coat of Mascara Fix on and don't have to run to the bathroom every half an hour checking for the afternoon shadow. I hope they never stop making this mascara. Only things that I think they can improve on is the way the product dries. I wish it dried really clear instead of whitening a little. You have to make sure that you apply a very thin coat of this mascara otherwise you'll end up with frosty and dull looking lashes. But with some practice, I'm sure you'll love it too. If it worked for me TRUSTY ME it will work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2005 5:50:00 AM More reviews by TaylaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this product all the time it really works for me. It makes it so that I don't have to use waterproof mascara all the time thich can be really drying to my eyelashes and makes them fall out. It never seems to dry out, so it lasts forever for me.