December 18, 2014 | 1668 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by STsalim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing rave reviews of this product from various YouTubers I tried this liner. I have tried this liner and the Maybelline Line Stiletto which is almost the same liner. I definitely don't prefer these liners because the felt tip is way too flexible and makes it difficult to draw and straight smooth line. In addition, the formula, while pigmented, is much too liquidy and skin shows through upon redrawing of the line. Not sure where I purchased this product.

Smell: faint smell. Nothing bothersome.

Opaqueness: This is definitely dark black. However, because the tip is so unprecise, it is hard to make a straight line and requires subsequent reapplications to get a perfect line. However, if you put the slightest amount of pressure to prefect the line, the tip scrapes through the lower layers of product leaving you with a strip of eyelid showing. The product is too liquidy so when trying a winged look it smudges so easily.

Tip/Brush: Hate how long and flexible the tip is. Does not allow precise control and I have to constantly redip to get the correct product pigment.

Price: not sure how much I paid, couldn't have been much more than $6 or $7.

Wanted to love it but ended up hating it. Not the product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by xChocobunny

I looovvvee this eyeliner. I've only used it for a day and I'm so wowed as it is the only eyeliner l've tried to not have smudged onto my lower eyes or crease that I had to write a review for it the following day. So here gos:
I left this on from 8am til 12am the next day. The entire day was very humid at 34'C. This stayed put through the humidity and my watery eyes both from the weather and from a movie. It applied with ease with its felt tip (which looks kinda spongy, therefore it's flexible for the winged/cat eye look) and the finish was more matte in my opinion. Also a plus for the packaging! The lettering doesn't wear off like most makeup packagings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG liquid liner! I was a gel liner user for years, I've used Clinique, MAC and MUFE but it just won't last on my oily lids even the MUFE aqua cream, I've had to resort to a sealer if I want any sort of longevity of my liner, I used liquid back in highschool so I figured I check it out again since I'm sure the formulation has changed. At first it took some time to get use to not using a brush, but as I got the swing of it, I can line my eyes so quick. The color payoff is so fantastic, is like patent leather black and it's shiny, the felt tip makes it's so easy to make the perfect winged liner. I was concerned about this lasting when I had to go to the Philippines (100% humidity) but no problems at all, there it lasted well over 8 hours. It worked so well my sisters used it the whole 2 weeks were there!! I have tried a few other liquid liners but I will always go back to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good liquid eyeliner. It isn't great by any means, but its good. But the main reason I have for writing this review is this trick I have. Ok so I've had mine probably since last August, and last night I needed to go to a formal event so I decided to vamp up my makeup and use this. One eye went fine, but right in the middle of the other it just dried up. I don't know what happened but it was annoying. So in a desperate attempt to make this right, I went into the bathroom and turned on the sink to were hardly any water was coming out. I swiped the ink bottle underneath the stream, then put the cap on and shock. After 2 or 3 shakes, I unscrewed the bottle cap just a little, and let all of the excess water drain out. Now it is like brand new, and it was even more build able then before! I still won't buy it again though, I love it now but I don't want the next time I have a formal event that to happen again, there is only so many more magical fixes out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love liquid liner, and this stuff has a .. unique formulation? Other liquid liners I use are more like paint... thick and forming a layer almost... This stuff is more watery and the colour isn't as dense. The greatest thing about this eyeliner is its brush.

Pros:
-I would recommend for first time liquid liner users, the brush is flexible enough to allow for control, but not a real "brush" so less chance of mistakes
-Applies very smoothly and precisely
-Packaging is pretty elegant
-Decent staying power
-Maybe b/c of its more "watery" formula, NEVER flakes or crumbles and is very low irritation

Cons:
-Colour isn't that buildable or strong
-Runs out fairly quickly... as the eyeliner starts running out the colour weakens a LOT
-Not that cheap, for a drugstore brand
-THEY TEST ON ANIMALS

Overall:
-Consider if you want a low-fuss product for figuring out how to use liquid liner or want a low-irritation product that isn't *super* bold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is NOT just like the Lancome liquid liner. Do not believe any reviewer who says so. It is ok for a drugstore product but I have an issue with havng to dip the tip back into the well so many times. If you do not, the line becomes sheer toward the end of your eye. Also, if you go back over the line it removes what you've already done. Again, it is ok and I will finish it up but I will not be repurchasing even though it lasts all day. Lancome Artliner is still my HG liquid liner, I just had a cheap moment...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lluvallthingsbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that it's a felt tip and really black. The black tip makes it easy to apply and great for first timers wanting to try a liquid liner. It also lasts a long time.
What I didn't like was that it would somewhat fade throughout the day and sometimes smear at the outer corner. I have very long days and don't want something that is going to fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by daphyduck

I've had this for about 10 months and still haven't run out (I use it almost every day)! It's very easy to use and stays on all day, plus, since it doesn't dry instantly it's pretty easy to fix any mistakes and would be good for beginners. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lecnicol

stays put for hours but not the whole day,tends to fade or flake or at the end of the day. very very easy to use. packaging is great. but i'm still on the hunt for my HG eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Leake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this forever and even though I don't always use it it still is the same consistency. The felt tip makes it easy to apply seeing as I'm not steady enough for brushes. Only thing I can complain that it does flake at the inner corner of my eyes.