April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by 3kids07

Love this one in the Honey-have two tubes-one for purse and home. I am picky about my lip balms-I have used one on my lips faithfully since I was in high school. This is one of my newer faves.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

I like it. Its pretty decent for my standard cubicle lip balm. I am picky about the consistency of my chappies, and this one is pretty good. Nice and thick, not sticky and I feel like it has been helping my lips this winter. I'd buy again, but I want to try the milk & honey one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lawlesslulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

love this. I keep one in my purse,work pants pocket, car, & by my computer. Also I love the milk & honey flavor. Just adore all the nivea lip care products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by GirlsandMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the packaging and i like that it has no bad scent to it. It moisture pretty well but it doesn't last that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very soft and smoothing lip balm. Love the packaging. I love the feel of it, not waxy at all. I use it also as a lip gloss by dipping it in my BE blushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have constantly chapped lips, especially in the wintertime, so I am always looking for a good lip balm to keep in my desk at work to reapply after drinking coffee or eating. I bought this after reading raves on the board for it, and unfortunately it hasn't worked well for me. First off, as others have noted, it tends to last very briefly on the lips; it feels like it's gone within ten minutes, even if I haven't eaten or drank anything. Second, even while it is on my lips, I don't feel any moisturizing quality to it. With aquaphor, for example, I really feel like my lips are being hydrated. This stuff just sort sits on my lips and then vanishes into thin air.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Not impressed. I got this in my stocking and I used it for a few weeks to try it out. I felt as though I had to constantly reapply it (once an hour?) because it didn't absorb well into my lips. I felt like it just sat there and didn't "move with (and into)" my lip crevices when I talked or moved my mouth, so I still had dry spots. I prefer to apply chapsticks at the MOST twice a day (a nice coat before bed and once when I moisturize after I take my shower in the morning). I do carry around a chapstick in my bag for emergency touch-ups, but this one I had to apply constantly! It is a rather large tube, too, so it doesn't fit discretely in your pocket--it is way fatter than a regular lipstick. More like a miniature flashlight!

Ultimately, I felt like it was making my lips even drier, and after a brief trial period, I have no idea where I have put this lip treatment and have gone back to my Chapstick/SoftLips routines.

I think this is pretty expensive, too, like $3 or so! Too much!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by SarenaW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A couple weeks ago I woke up to stinging, slightly wet lips. In my half asleep haze I rolled over and to my surprise, there was something dark smudged on my pillow. I touched my lips, and sure enough, blood! Yes, my bottom lip was so dry that it had cracked open in my sleep.

Now, I have very sensitive skin, particulary on my lips. I tend to avoid lip products because 90% of them dry my lips out. However, they have never been so dry that they cracked and bled! I obviously needed to get a good chapstick, and had heard good things about this product so I decided to pick it up.

The packaging is nothing special, but it's decent quality and does the job, so I am pleased. The product is the real star. Shortly after applying it my lips already felt soothed. They wasn't any colour nor didn't it leave a white film, but left my lips sightly shiny. I applied the chapstick every couple hours, as my lips were very sore and I was eager to be able to smile without worrying about cracking them again. Luckily, the next day I woke up with only barely dry lips and a small cut as proof of my suffering. I use it now every night an my lips are softer than ever.

This product has become a must have in my collection!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well... lemme start with I have extremely dry lips. Like extremely. If I haven't put on lip balm, MOISTURIZING lip balm that day, if I sneeze my lips will bleed. No joke. So I have tried it all.

Now, I kinda had high hopes for this cause of the packaging (it's my favorite color! hello?), and apparently that's all I was focusing on, because the advertisements for this Nivea stuff are so sexual and "attractive" (and degrading to women, thanks...) how could I ever put faith in such a product to help my ever-drying lips?

Well maybe this is a good product folks. But I know for sure that it's not good enough for the extremities I need. So if you're like me, read on. If you need a simple lip balm with some added moisture, this puppy's for you.

This stuff is so weak. It lasts for the first minute. That's how long it relieves.

Now, not only do I have super dry lips, but they're... pretty big. (not in a gross way! please! I'm VERY thankful for them!) I never ever ever EVER could get away with wearing anything more than a balm, not even a gloss. Talk about taking over my face. But this stuff was subtle enough and made my lips only a little shiney and nice and healthy looking. So hats off to that. Very pleasant looking.

... minus the huge DEAD SKIN ALL OVER THEM. gross. and that's what happens when you use weak stuff like this. doesn't do anything for me but makes them look nice, until they start to peal. Ugly. Thanks, but no thanks.

Instead of calling this "A Kiss of Moisture" they should call it "A Kiss of Sexiness" or something, cause that's what their advertisements imply, and that's all it will ever do for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Loooooove this stuff! I have bought all of the different ones I could find: Milk and Honey, Medicated, Tinted. This one is my favorate, The consistancy is great and it works better on my dry lips than anything else has! Loooove!