Parlux Jessica Simpson - Fancy

3.9

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My go to scent for the past year so can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. But whenever I pick it up I'm reminded of what my sister said when she first smelled it on me, "you smell like rootbeer" lol Even though it's on the sweet side, I don't get rootbeer from it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For the moment, especially when it's cool outside, this is my go to scent, hands down!!!! The main note is vanilla followed by peach and it's soooo lovely. It's sweet but not too sweet. I usually layer it with Body Fantasies Vanilla Fantasy or Banana Republic Rosewood. More comforting than anything. I get compliments every time I wear it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This took me completely by surprise. I'm 35 years old and never thought that I'd go for such a girlie looking celebrity scent, but this a sophisticated offering. It's not a cupcake scent, but a delicious fruity vanilla with a beatiful drydown.

Lasting power is very very good for this one -- I can easily smell it twelve hours after application -- but it's not strong or cloying. It would be suitable for just about any occasion in warm weather. I'll have to wait a few months to find out how it behaves in cold!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It is gorgeous, yummy and sophisticated...the bottle is stunning like Still by j-lo...it is my top 4 signatured scent! I love it! I get lots of compliments from this scent. It is a love at first sniff...lasts very long as well. two thumbs up for this scent!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I adore this scent, I just gotta be in the mood to wear it. When I first purchased it I wore it everyday, I have recently started back wearing it maybe once a week. Smells like warm vanilla and caramel. When layer with the lotion it last all day. Will keep a bottle of this in my regular rotation of perfumes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really want to love this fragrances, but it's too sweet for me and it also gives me a bad headache after I wear it for a few hours. Very sexy caramel color with a cute bottle design. This is the only perfume from Jessica simpson that I actually really liked. I try it on a few times but it wont work with me. It's not too fruity or floral, just the right amount, but i dont know why i get headaches from this scent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my to go perfume these days. I do not get creamy notes but a peachy tangy sweet scent. It reminds me of the peachy note in Burberry Classic. When this dries down it is intense sweet amberry and reminiscent surprisingly of JPG Classique edp! I wont needs Classique edo again!

I bought this perfume un sniffed based on the reviews. My favorite notes in perfume are vanilla and almond and anything gourmand, so I figured I would love this one. Upon application, it smells like cheap generic perfume....fast forward a good 20 minutes later and this in a nice almond, vanilla and amber scent. I do not reach for this one often (I have a ton of other perfumes) but this is a nice casual perfume to wear when I am just hanging out at home.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I know that there are a few other notes, but this basically settles down to a nice warm vanilla with a touch of caramel.

I like Fancy, but my favorite version of vanilla is a sugar-milk concoction with perhaps a touch of toffee or caramel as in CSP's Matin Calin. I only wish Matin Calin were stronger scented, but I have purchased milk-sugar scented fragrance oils on Ebay that smell almost like Matin Calin, that are stronger and longer lasting (and cheaper). I also love the soft milky vanilla in Philosophy's Fresh Cream Body Butter, and in Lush's Sympathy for the Skin (they make this in a perfume for forum visitors sometimes). Lush's Honey I Washed the Children soap is a nice toffee-caramel-vanilla scent, but it's too perfumey in the balm formula. I haven't tried it in the limited edition spray, but I'm hesitant to shell out the money without testing first since the balm was a letdown for me.

I'll try anything once, I'm totally game to try any perfume out there be it Chanel or Britney Spears so when I spotted Jessica Simpson's Fancy I took a sniff right away...the bottle smelled pretty good so I sprayed it right on my wrist and let it marinate while I wandered the aisles of Kohl's. I kept getting a nice warm vanilla smell but also a great bit of dill!! I kinda smell like a dill cookie if such a thing exists! I wondered if the sample had gone bad as I read the other reviews and they all sounded yummy not dilly! Sooooo My 8 year old and I went into Walgreens and did a squirt of Fancy in there, still vanilla and DILL!!! I guess Fancy is not for my chemistry...alas. :o(

Popular Fragrances