December 21, 2014 | 1226 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

WOW!
DRAMATIC LASHES INSTANTLY!

This mascara is awesome! It really makes my fine lashes look amazing. It holds a curl all day and lengthens a lot. Plus, it leaves my lashes flexible and soft, without compromising on effect. The only down side for me is the price. At $34 CDN it definitely delivers but, it really is way to expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jwaiyin

I use this with Shiseido's mascara base so I can't tell if its holding curl because of this mascara or the mascara base, but I really like to use it because it is great at lengthening lashes. I found that Diorshow mascara is better at thickening though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Spard28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this mascara at least twice so far because i keep wanting to have faith in Dior. however every time I've gotten this mascara, i LOVE it in the beginning. it curls my lashes, it lengthens them, and it gives them volume. however, after like a month, this mascara always tends to get really thick and the bristles on the wand flatten when i pull the wand out of the tube. And the result on my lashes isn't the nicest to say the least. For the price of this mascara, next time i might well fork over the extra 5 for ysl faux cils.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by wanos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best mascara for me. It is just perfection. It's really a brush that fits best for the lashes. You can flawlessly comb them with it. No clumps (and seriously no clumps), it stays on all day. You can't go wrong with it. Highly recommended :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you have straw-like thin lashes and need some volume, do not buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

I am not a mascara fan. Not because there's anything wrong with it in particular, but because I basically have no eyelashes to speak of, and those beautiful tubes of mascara pretty much only serve to remind me of my inadequacies. I have typical Asian lashes that are short, sparse, refuse to hold a curl, and even if they did stay curled, there wouldn't be any point because you'd still never be able to see them. Even curling with a hot curler is easily undone with the weight and wetness of a coat of mascara.

Enter Iconic. When an MUA told me that it was supposed to pull my forward-pointing lashes upward, I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes at her in disbelief, and told her it would be a waste of time to even try it on me. But both she, and the other MUA that was working on me kept insisting, and I finally gave in. One coat went on each eye, and I was unimpressed and uncurled, except that I could clearly see that my lashes were much glossier. I left the mall without that tube of mascara.

Fast forward. I was in my bathroom, looking in the mirror, and became intrigued by the glossy lashes I could clearly see. I leaned in, and to my amazement, I saw long(ish), curled, perfectly separated lashes. It's a miracle! I don't know how this stuff knew what direction to pull my lashes in, but it sure did something right. Plus, there's no clumping, and they're slightly spiky, which I know some people don't like, but I sort of do.

For someone who isn't generally a fan of mascara, the fact that I'll be buying a tube speaks volumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by nsgboss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love all of Dior's mascaras. I love using one coat of iconic to curl my lashes then depending on my mood applying one coat of either black out or extase. Works for me every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It did not hold curls well, and my eyes became smudge-city not long after applying. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by iacostamed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've been on a mascara-buying frenzy lately, and have found myself disappointed again and again. The only two mascaras that have truly worked for me over the years, the way they promised, have been L'Oreal Voluminous (waterproof) and the original Diorshow (non waterproof). I'd given up buying high end mascaras because I replace them so often, but for whatever reason, I felt compelled to buy Iconic, even with its $34 CDN price tag. And now, I really don't think I'll buy another type of mascara again.

This stuff is near miraculous. The formula is unlike any other I've played with - it truly lengthens (my God, like nobody's business!), even thickens, without making my lashes droop. (For reference, my stick straight Asian lashes require curling with a blow-dried Shiseido curler and a coating of Shiseido Mascara Base before any mascara). There's also no scent (I remember Diorshow to have a bit of a nose-scrunching rose scent) and while you're not supposed to be able to smell your lashes anyway, the scent-free element still makes me happy.

You'll have to try this to really see - no matter how high my praise, this stuff really is to be experienced! It has far exceeded all my expectations and has just thrown out all previous favorites right out the window. Will I repurchase? Most definitely!