July 30, 2014 | 1951 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very expensive and frankly, quite useless. Does nothing for my combination skin and I don't see a huge difference with or without.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by michyg

I just bought my second bottle of this product a few days ago. I have comination skin which tends to be realllly oily in the summer and dryish in the winter. I've tried smashbox both light and regular as well (I find the light worked better for my oily skin). I haven't tried any other brands (i'm actually waiting for ELF's to arrive in my mail and I will do a review on that as well). I'm just to scared to spend so much money on tons of products that don't work when I know this one does. Yes the price is a little steep (I believe $49 CAN) but for me it works wonders. Everyone's skin is different but I find this one works great for my skin. I only need to use a little (half a pump) and it covers my entire face! My makeup looks flawless and I have no problems with oil control at all. I think it's definately worth a try if you have tried tons of other products because the price is kinda scary. One thing I don't like about this product though is the packaging... it comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The pump is great other than that it does not reach the bottom of the bottle when you're almost out. I found that I had to throw out approx. 1 weeks worth (at least) of product because of the packaging. This time i'm going to resort to getting it out with some sort of clever contraption! other than that though the formula works WONDERS for me... unless I can find a cheaper product that works just as well this is right now my HG primer! looooooooooove it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by xKellyLovex

I saw no change after applying this product. I've been using it for months now. But the one thing i dislike most about it is the texture. When putting it on, i feel like i have to rub hard to get the product to move to differant areas of my face. Maybe it's because its so soft, but it feels like i need to use a lot because it doesnt spread.I just hate applying because it feels like i have to tug on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the only minus for me that it doesn't control the oil. the application is very soft and smooth (like velvet) and you need just a pea size amount for the whole face. if you have dry skin this will work miracles.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was recently looking for a new long lasting foundation so I went to the Lancome counter because I knew they were good about giving samples.
The counter girl suggested trying a primer. I have used silicone primers to do other peoples make-up but I never tried them on my face. I'm very oily and acne-prone and have read the reviews about silicone causing breakouts.
I decided to go ahead and try the product sample and told myself I would just make sure to wash my face well after I wore it.
Well, I tried the product. It did make my foundation apply more smoothly. However it did not help with my oil and my foundation was not prolonged. After three days I developed a few cystic pimples on my chin and two on my cheek. I very rarely break out on my cheeks. I always wash my face when I get home. I have no need to sit around with my makeup on and I figure the less time I have my makeup on the better. Still broke me out.
I wanted it to work but it really didn't. I guess I'll stick to using silicone primers on clients wearing it for a short period of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by hazelbaby098

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this was very expensive. 44$CA. however, it mattifies the face and makes your foundation look great. the best prime ive used.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ashjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first i wasn't very fond of this primer, i was all about my lisa watier one because it seemed for liquid-y and the small amount dispensed by the pump felt like it wasn't enough. but after a having used it for months now i love it. that little amount actually is enough and the texture makes your skin feel like it doesn't have a thick layer of makeup. but to be honest i don't really see much of a difference between a primed face and a non-primed face except that ur face is less oily looking for a longer time than without one...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I got this as a sample and I've been using it under my Lancome Ageless Minerale Foundation. It makes my foundation look sooo good, nothing settles in my pores and it goes on like a dream, no powder sitting ontop of my skin! When I put it on it feels a little strange and oily at first but then leaves a great powder finish.

However, this stuff does not last long. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and after a while the oil starts to surface. So much for oil control :/ I haven't had creasing problems because I put on a light layer of powder, but I feel like after I get oily my foundation starts looking bad and my pores enlarge?? Idk... I'll have to check up on this

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by fruanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does make my skin feel silky and makes my foundation glide smoothly over it. However, I find that it's not the best primer to control oil.

I live in a pretty humid environment and it doesn't take long before I have to reach for a couple of oil blotting sheets. I expected more for the price of this product but was a bit disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does not keep my oily skin at bay. I have to blot within 2 hours of putting it on. At least it didn't make my foundation slide off my face like MUFE HD primer did. Most likely better for those with normal/combo dry skin. I wouldn't recommend this for oily or very oily skin.