April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ashjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first i wasn't very fond of this primer, i was all about my lisa watier one because it seemed for liquid-y and the small amount dispensed by the pump felt like it wasn't enough. but after a having used it for months now i love it. that little amount actually is enough and the texture makes your skin feel like it doesn't have a thick layer of makeup. but to be honest i don't really see much of a difference between a primed face and a non-primed face except that ur face is less oily looking for a longer time than without one...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I got this as a sample and I've been using it under my Lancome Ageless Minerale Foundation. It makes my foundation look sooo good, nothing settles in my pores and it goes on like a dream, no powder sitting ontop of my skin! When I put it on it feels a little strange and oily at first but then leaves a great powder finish.

However, this stuff does not last long. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and after a while the oil starts to surface. So much for oil control :/ I haven't had creasing problems because I put on a light layer of powder, but I feel like after I get oily my foundation starts looking bad and my pores enlarge?? Idk... I'll have to check up on this

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by fruanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does make my skin feel silky and makes my foundation glide smoothly over it. However, I find that it's not the best primer to control oil.

I live in a pretty humid environment and it doesn't take long before I have to reach for a couple of oil blotting sheets. I expected more for the price of this product but was a bit disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does not keep my oily skin at bay. I have to blot within 2 hours of putting it on. At least it didn't make my foundation slide off my face like MUFE HD primer did. Most likely better for those with normal/combo dry skin. I wouldn't recommend this for oily or very oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I got this as a sample from sephora and I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. (wow little goes a long way!)
I have dry/ normal combo skin and I find that this primer does the job. It's not spectacular and doesn't have a truly wow affect on my skin but it creates a nice soft surface for me to apply foundation and everything else in the morning.
I really don't see how this primer is any different than the one from sephora brand or any other clear gel type oil free foundation primer. If I didn't get this as a sample, I probably never would have tried it.
I think the one more smashbox, sephora or MAC would suffice.
It's really a basic primer in a sense that it doesn't multitask.
It doesn hydrate, it doesnt have any SPF.
I'd probably invest in a primer with SPF for my next purchase or go back to smashbox primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin and this just makes it worse. This makes my face feel slick and my makeup never really sets. I highly do no recommend this for people with oily skin. I did like the packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

It's true that this product does not work well for combo or oily skin. It must have too many silicones or something because it makes my makeup just slide right off my face. Why the good review then? Well, because I HATE returning products, I decided to keep this around and try to use it (after all, it coast me $40!). I have found that it works really well as an under eye primer! I use this first, then smooth on a thin layer of mac's concealer in a jar (studio tech?), and finish with a light dusting of benefit powderflage. The results are just beautiful. No creasing, no caking, no oil break-through. My under eyes look flawless from morning until I take off my makeup at night. Because the coil is wound so tightly in the pump I can easily get the tiniest dot for each eye. This product should last me around 2 years with daily use and I will probably repurchase since the results are so nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this because I'm a huge Lancome junkie but this just didn't cut it. It does make your skin feel super soft and smooth at first application. As for hiding pores and making your makeup stay put...nope. I was very oily after a couple hours and makeup slid and creased everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gladly I got a sample of this to try out before buying it. When I first applied it on, I was like 'wow this is so amazing'. It does make my skin feel very smooth and a great surface for foundation to glide on. At the end of the day, I was like 'hell no'. It broke me out like no-tomorrow. I also found my skin very oily after a few hours when I have this on. So glad that I don't have to go back and return anything. I'm now back to my Smashbox primer which does not break me out and have better oil-control power. Although it's bad for me but everyone is different because I got the sample from a friend who really likes it so if you think about buying it, I recommend you to get a sample and try it out first.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by calluses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh! This stuff turned my skin into a grease slick. What a let-down after all the heavy-handed marketing from the local Lancome rep. It definitely didn't live up to its promise of helping to hide fine lines and keep my make up in place. On the contrary, it felt heavy and greasy and my make up didn't last as long as it normally does. What a waste of money!