Lancome La Base Pro

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

on 4/11/2011 8:02:00 PM

This is by far my favorite makeup base. I use it on clients all the time and they love it!

I find it evens out the skin tone, hides wrinkles, makes pores appear smaller and glides over blemishes smoothly. Your skin will look flawless and even toned.

on 3/21/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It feels so nice on your hand, but once you put it on your face it's a no go. Normally when the primer has a silicone feel to it, it goes away once it's worked into the skin and sets... not this one. It's oily.

I am an oily skin, but my skin doesn't get dewy for a few hours of wear. This.... made me look like I was bathing in canola oil.

Would strongly suggest this to dry skinned people, who want a dewy finish. I purchased this at Nordie's and the Lancome counter manager agreed with me and that she hates this product...

on 3/1/2011 6:24:00 PM

I had a sample to try and this product is not doing what it was supposed to do. I have a combination skin (very dry on cheeks and very oily on t-zone) and it made my pores look even bigger and I looked so cakey around t-zone area. I don't wear heavy make up so i know this cakey look was from the la base. This product is only good for regular to dry skin and not for oily skin. I am glad I had the sample to try otherwise it would've been a waste of money!!!

on 2/13/2011 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My skin is combination, oily T-zone and very dry cheek and chin area. I bought it based on reviews, and am very happy with the product, even though this is my first primer and I have no idea how other primers would perform.
So what it does to me:
- Make skin silky smooth for foundation - it's so smooth I can't stop touching it to feel
- Keep my makeup the same for a whole 9 hours
- Even out skin tone - I noticed some red part on my face goes away
- Control the oil on my T-zone, I didn't have to blot or reapply anything
- Work wonder on the eye area.
What I think it doesn't do :
- Cover imperfections like zits, acne scars or very large pore. It does help a bit I think, but do not expect that it would cover your pores. But I still apply foundation and that layer would do the job, so I'm not really expecting it to do that, but still ... took off 1 lippie.

Some people would feel that it's oily but I believe the right word is "silky", just because of the silicone. It doesn't make my face oily though.
At first I didn't like it that much, but then I found out that I need to wait for a bit for it to settle down (dry out) on my face before liquid foundation, I guess if you apply another liquid layer on top when it's still wet, they would get mixed and the result wouldn't be as good.
It comes in a glass bottle with a pump. Yeah if you drop it it would break, but then, 90% of my cosmetics bottles are glasses anyway. Just be extra careful when holding it. I love the design though, very classic and elegant, and I like it that the bottle reflects what is inside : transparent, silky smooth, and high quality.
I am not really sure, however, how long it would last for daily use. If it's still here after 6 months, I'm definitely repurchasing :)

on 2/8/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This product is seriously AMAZING.
It is an amazing base for my makeup, held my foundation on all day, and it had my skin looking really beautiful.
It helped to moisturize my skin as well, and had a gorgeous dewey sheen.
However, it's extremely pricey : / and as I'm a student I'm not willing to spend 42 USD on a Primer. Sorry Lancome.

on 2/4/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This primer is very good, works very nicely with Lancome foundations! First impression of this was 'wow, its pricey!'. Half a pump is enough for the oily areas on my face (T-zone, chin). Packaging is a beautiful glass bottle. I use this with lancome's colour ideal foundation and they work wonderfully together.
This product lost a lippie because of the price, but other than that it's great!

on 1/30/2011 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

When I first used it I started breaking out really bad especially around my cheeks as I have quite bad acne around that area since I have a very oily complexion. It really upset me because, my skin was very good and smooth until I've used La Base Pro even though they considered it to be an oil free product I assume it's not a lasting effect as they say. Non-comedogenic I don't believe that. Although, the texture is very good the make up won't stay on forever unless you have oily skin.

Seeing I broke my first bottle in 2 days I invested another one to give it a chance overall spending £50 on quite a useless product as I now know. One way to loose your money is breaking the bottle it's very fragile and I'm disappointed their service is not nearly as good as Clinique where they can do a refund.

Overall, I'm not happy with it although, I will keep using it to see a difference praying it won't break me out even though I won't judge it too much as Lancome is still new to me.

EDIT- It doesn't seem to break me out anymore but I still get a oily complexion from it. 3/5. If I had to buy it again I would say 'No' not unless there's worse out there but this isn't too bad now.

I really like this. It does what it's supposed to do. Minus for the fact that a glass jar with a pump that actually fell apart for me forces you to throw away so much of the product. Like I said - IT WORKS WELL. Lets your fooundation glide on like a piece of cake and makes it stay put - also makes my skin feel moist. But... I think it's a bit too much silicone in this, you can smell it and feel it on the skin so minus for that.

on 12/28/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

this product is ridiculous for dropping $50 and it has drugstore quality. (but hey that's Lancome for you) it has drugstore quality and silicone in it.. putting it on your face feels good, makes your skin very soft, but it doesn't do anything... and i dropped the glass bottle and it chipped, i see no way it could shatter though. it's such a pretty bottle but it's not worth the money, and god awful for oily skin. i gave it to my friend after 10-ish uses.

on 12/17/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is WONDERFUL.. only with Lancome foundation though. i use Teint Idole ULTRA foundation and it makes my skin look super nice, but when i use other foundations like estee lauder, bareminerals or revlon color stay.... it doesnt look as nice. but it's okay b/c lancome's foundation is awesome as well ^__^; .

Popular Primer/ Correctors