October 24, 2014 | 1697 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by emmaveronica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. It does what it's supposed to do. Minus for the fact that a glass jar with a pump that actually fell apart for me forces you to throw away so much of the product. Like I said - IT WORKS WELL. Lets your fooundation glide on like a piece of cake and makes it stay put - also makes my skin feel moist. But... I think it's a bit too much silicone in this, you can smell it and feel it on the skin so minus for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by cocoacoffee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is ridiculous for dropping $50 and it has drugstore quality. (but hey that's Lancome for you) it has drugstore quality and silicone in it.. putting it on your face feels good, makes your skin very soft, but it doesn't do anything... and i dropped the glass bottle and it chipped, i see no way it could shatter though. it's such a pretty bottle but it's not worth the money, and god awful for oily skin. i gave it to my friend after 10-ish uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is WONDERFUL.. only with Lancome foundation though. i use Teint Idole ULTRA foundation and it makes my skin look super nice, but when i use other foundations like estee lauder, bareminerals or revlon color stay.... it doesnt look as nice. but it's okay b/c lancome's foundation is awesome as well ^__^; .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jlontheranch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GREAT stuff...BUT it seems to only work well with lancome foundations. Ive tried it with my laura mericer and smashbox and I dont see a difference. That's the only downfall, but it looks great and makes my foundation go on much more smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MAClovaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product but the only reason why I bought it was because they didn't have what I originally wanted and I wasn't near a MAC store at the time to get their primer. It is $45 for 1 fl oz, which in my opinion is very expensive, because it is nothing special. It feels like nothing going on which is nice, very very light, but sometimes I need to remind myself that it is on and not to apply more, because I can't feel it! I love the packaging very sleek and classy looking. I am worried about when it gets to the bottom because of the pump though.... I would not repurchase going to try MAC primer yet, because I have yet to try it and MAC is the best so, thats next!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Kelleypen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really unhappy with powder foundations settling in my pores and creases until I tried this primer. I live in a dry climate and have dry skin. So I moisturize morning and night, then put the primer on, then my make up. It makes a huge difference. I only need a teeny bit--no more than the size of a lentil. It smooths over my whole face very nicely. Then when the makeup goes on over it, it stays looking fresh and not highlighting my wrinkles. My skin is sensitive and I have fairly good skin. Because of that, I very rarely wear liquid foundation. A little powder is all I need. But this keeps the powder looking smooth all day. I've already bought my second bottle of the stuff---and the first lasted me for a year. So considering how long it lasts, the price isn't quite as high as the initial outlay of cash would make it seem.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by melonbaobao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very expensive and frankly, quite useless. Does nothing for my combination skin and I don't see a huge difference with or without.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by michyg

I just bought my second bottle of this product a few days ago. I have comination skin which tends to be realllly oily in the summer and dryish in the winter. I've tried smashbox both light and regular as well (I find the light worked better for my oily skin). I haven't tried any other brands (i'm actually waiting for ELF's to arrive in my mail and I will do a review on that as well). I'm just to scared to spend so much money on tons of products that don't work when I know this one does. Yes the price is a little steep (I believe $49 CAN) but for me it works wonders. Everyone's skin is different but I find this one works great for my skin. I only need to use a little (half a pump) and it covers my entire face! My makeup looks flawless and I have no problems with oil control at all. I think it's definately worth a try if you have tried tons of other products because the price is kinda scary. One thing I don't like about this product though is the packaging... it comes in a glass bottle with a pump. The pump is great other than that it does not reach the bottom of the bottle when you're almost out. I found that I had to throw out approx. 1 weeks worth (at least) of product because of the packaging. This time i'm going to resort to getting it out with some sort of clever contraption! other than that though the formula works WONDERS for me... unless I can find a cheaper product that works just as well this is right now my HG primer! looooooooooove it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by xKellyLovex

I saw no change after applying this product. I've been using it for months now. But the one thing i dislike most about it is the texture. When putting it on, i feel like i have to rub hard to get the product to move to differant areas of my face. Maybe it's because its so soft, but it feels like i need to use a lot because it doesnt spread.I just hate applying because it feels like i have to tug on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the only minus for me that it doesn't control the oil. the application is very soft and smooth (like velvet) and you need just a pea size amount for the whole face. if you have dry skin this will work miracles.