December 22, 2014 | 1665 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by yamyam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So pigmented!! Think of it this way the less product you have on the more natural it will look, tapping the brush lightly on the blush will give you enough color for your cheeks, making them look genuinely flushed. The color is just gorgeous, perfect for everyday look, though more suitable for fall and winter. When anyone asks for suggestions on blushes, this is the one i recommend. Would buy it again, lol in fact i have a backup.
more people should be trying this blush!!!!! i dont want it to be dc

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by HilaryofPoitiers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mata Hari is my fave Nars blush but I bought Dolce Vita yesterday and I can't be more happy! On me (NW20) it gives me a nice healthy flush but if I put too much it can look a bit muddy. I apply DV with my #168 (you just need a little b/c it is very pigmented) and then I blend it out with my #187. I think it would look great with my pink, plum and cool red lippies! (today i'm wearing it with Dragon Girl Velvet Lip Matte and looks amazing!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pcoelho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most natural looking blush color I have ever come across!!! dolce vita is actually my favorite cosmetic color lol, the lipstick and lip gloss are just as gorgeous as the blush, though i wouldnt wear them all together. I've spent so much money looking for the right color for my cheeks and I can finally say this is it. I have a tan, golden skin and i feel pink blushes look forced on me, if that makes any sense, it just doesnt blend well and sits on top of my face. Dolce vita gives me the kind of flush you would get from cold weather which is what i want, you can use a light hand for an everyday, more subtle look, and build it up at night for more drama. When i want a sun kissed kind of look i go for torrid and sometimes taj mahal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by star_blueanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pigmentation!!

This is such a strong pigmented blush, I just need to lightly dip my blush in the pan for the amount I need for my cheeks. SO pigmented. So for the pigmentation alone, this blush deserves a 4.

I love all the shimmerless blush NARS makes, the other one I have is amour. This is definitely more pigmented than amour and I honestly love them both. To apply, I either use a kabuki or the mac 187, whatever blush brush you prefer, dab a bit in for colour and buff along the cheeks. The colour payoff is a warm dusty rose, kind of like pomengranate/raspberry colour. Because its shimmerless, it gives a very very natural flush, and as other have described, gives you that you've just came in from the cold look, that blushing colour on your cheeks.

When applied correctly, this blush is beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lyssn2me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dolce Vita is great for people who have medium tan skin. It goes on very rosey, yet subtle. Put too much and you end up looking too clownish. I put this on first to set my face, to have a very warm rosey feeling, and then I put NAR'S MADLY on after on top and on the bottom of DOLCE VITA. For me it is the perfect compliment, because Dolce Vita is a bit too red/rosey for my color, and then Madly makes it's more fitting to my skintone/natural. It almost looks like a bronzer together but still very rosey/pink. These are my favorite for the daytime or the night time!! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the blush I have been searching for! I wanted a blush that just looks like a natural flush on my cheeks and this is it. Those pale and peach blushes do nothing for my medium cool skintone, and when I tried Dolce Vita, it just lit up my face and brought out the blue in my eyes. I use a fiber optic blush brush and it picks up just enough blush to make it look natural. I think this blush would work for alot of skintones and is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best blush for my skintone. It makes me look refreshed and healthy. Love this shade. I love the lip pencil too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupisagirlsbestfriend

This is a pretty blush. If I dust it on lightly, it gives me a rosy glow. I have to make sure not to apply too much or else it will be a red mess! I am C2 in MAC's StudioFix Powder, Buff in Revlon's CS Fdtn, and 117 in MUFE's HD Fdtn for reference. I think NARS makes one of the best blushes out there; they are so smooth and they blend well. There is also a nice selection to choose from and I love the sleek packaging. I don't know if I would buy this again, but it is a nice blush to have in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Holy pigment! This is a beautiful deep rose, almost brick-coloured blush. I need only the lightest tap with my 187, then I swirl it on the back of my hand to distribute the colour evenly on the brush, and it is enough colour for one cheek. I love how I don't have to keep piling it on to see colour, and how incredibly long-lasting it is. Nars sets the par for blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

This blush is SO pigmented. I only need to lightly touch my brush to the surface of the powder and I got all I need for one cheek. It's a dusty/dirty rosey colour, just cool and red enough for my NC30 skin (I'm beginning to hate peachy coloured blushes, and there is nothing peachy about this one, yay!). It looks exactly like my natural flush. Super smooth and blendable and MATTE. Hate the glitter thing other blushes have going on. Do you blush glitter when you're embarrassed? :P Will repurchase, five lippies.