September 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by star_blueanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pigmentation!!

This is such a strong pigmented blush, I just need to lightly dip my blush in the pan for the amount I need for my cheeks. SO pigmented. So for the pigmentation alone, this blush deserves a 4.

I love all the shimmerless blush NARS makes, the other one I have is amour. This is definitely more pigmented than amour and I honestly love them both. To apply, I either use a kabuki or the mac 187, whatever blush brush you prefer, dab a bit in for colour and buff along the cheeks. The colour payoff is a warm dusty rose, kind of like pomengranate/raspberry colour. Because its shimmerless, it gives a very very natural flush, and as other have described, gives you that you've just came in from the cold look, that blushing colour on your cheeks.

When applied correctly, this blush is beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lyssn2me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dolce Vita is great for people who have medium tan skin. It goes on very rosey, yet subtle. Put too much and you end up looking too clownish. I put this on first to set my face, to have a very warm rosey feeling, and then I put NAR'S MADLY on after on top and on the bottom of DOLCE VITA. For me it is the perfect compliment, because Dolce Vita is a bit too red/rosey for my color, and then Madly makes it's more fitting to my skintone/natural. It almost looks like a bronzer together but still very rosey/pink. These are my favorite for the daytime or the night time!! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the blush I have been searching for! I wanted a blush that just looks like a natural flush on my cheeks and this is it. Those pale and peach blushes do nothing for my medium cool skintone, and when I tried Dolce Vita, it just lit up my face and brought out the blue in my eyes. I use a fiber optic blush brush and it picks up just enough blush to make it look natural. I think this blush would work for alot of skintones and is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best blush for my skintone. It makes me look refreshed and healthy. Love this shade. I love the lip pencil too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupisagirlsbestfriend

This is a pretty blush. If I dust it on lightly, it gives me a rosy glow. I have to make sure not to apply too much or else it will be a red mess! I am C2 in MAC's StudioFix Powder, Buff in Revlon's CS Fdtn, and 117 in MUFE's HD Fdtn for reference. I think NARS makes one of the best blushes out there; they are so smooth and they blend well. There is also a nice selection to choose from and I love the sleek packaging. I don't know if I would buy this again, but it is a nice blush to have in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Holy pigment! This is a beautiful deep rose, almost brick-coloured blush. I need only the lightest tap with my 187, then I swirl it on the back of my hand to distribute the colour evenly on the brush, and it is enough colour for one cheek. I love how I don't have to keep piling it on to see colour, and how incredibly long-lasting it is. Nars sets the par for blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

This blush is SO pigmented. I only need to lightly touch my brush to the surface of the powder and I got all I need for one cheek. It's a dusty/dirty rosey colour, just cool and red enough for my NC30 skin (I'm beginning to hate peachy coloured blushes, and there is nothing peachy about this one, yay!). It looks exactly like my natural flush. Super smooth and blendable and MATTE. Hate the glitter thing other blushes have going on. Do you blush glitter when you're embarrassed? :P Will repurchase, five lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by beautygeek

NARS is known for making top quality and wonderful blushes. Dolce Vita is a Dusty Rose color that I think can go with any skin tone. The texture is super smooth and easy to blend. Highly pigmented with loads of color. If you are looking for a nice matte, plumish-pink color, this is it! For this color, a little goes a long way. I sweep too much on my blush brush once and it made my skin look to pink, so use it with a light hand; but if you use the right amount, it gives you that "I just had a wonderful jog" flush. I will definitely try out the other NARS blushes, but not now because they are quite expensive. Overall, wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by AWILDA429

This is a rich coral color blush. The pigmentation is great so you MUST HAVE A LIGHT HAND.

If you go overboard, you'll have to buff you skin really well.
Also, if you add too much you can cross that line where you look 'dirty', lol.

But it is a pretty nice color and I would recommend it to Medium/Tan/Darker skin types. If you're really light, you may want to go with Deep Throat.

Love NARS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

After coloring my hair darker, I discovered a lot of my lighter peach/pink blushes either disappeared on me or made me look washed out. I decided to try some deeper pigments to get some color back in my face and Dolce Vita has done the trick. A soft, dusky rose, it looks very natural on my NC30 face, not clownish at all, and brings out my green eyes. I was afraid it would come out berry on me, as so many things like this do, but it only looked like a healthy winter flush. It blends beautifully too. I haven't tried this on anyone else but I am guessing this is a fairly universal shade that a wide range of skin tones could carry off. It may look rather blah in the pan, especially juxtaposed with all those sparkly NARS blushes but it's definitely worth your time. :)