July 30, 2014 | 2026 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by amydo

It is true Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry is very pigmented. So for those of us who like more of a neutral lips will totally be disappointed. I was looking for a lip moisturizer with a hint of pink or red, I was shocked. It is really red. As for being a lip moisturizer, it is so dry, I was shocked again. Why would anyone even consider this lip treatments. I have many Nivea Lip Treatment like A Kiss of Shine, etc. and love them all. This one fails 100%. Plus with the big round tube, it is hard to apply and not get the red stain all over your lips and even on your skin. Yuck!!! Never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tricerat0psgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love cherry lip balms so when this caught my eye at CVS I had to have it. The scent is a very fruity, bright cherry scent with no hint of wax. The tube has plenty of product in it. When applied, it goes on smooth but also extremely pigmented and because the stick is a little larger, it makes it hard to apply accurately within my lip line. The color is a pretty deep red sheer on me and I have to admit it's great, but the formula itself didn't knock my socks off. Within a couple hours I found that my lips were drying out and when I went to reapply, the color caught on flakes. Flakes are a deal breaker. I liked the price, scent, color and packaging which is why I'll still give it a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the formula, its really moisturizing and feels almost like nothing. And I enjoy the scent too; its artificial, yes, but artificial like sour cherry candy.

But wow, is this pigmented. Its not the best shade, but tolerable. When I have it on, it doesn't look so much red as it does hot pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by elenaxxbeauty

ooh idk what to say ... except for that i love the nivea products... the lip treatments are great. most of the have spf and the cherry adds a hint of pink to your lips! so go and get this awesome products at ULTA PUBLIX and Walgreens... etc ... more placess!

thanks

elenaxxbeauty

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Chiney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you like soft red glosses, tinted lip balms and the like, try this one. It is a beautiful mellow red color, very subtle in my opinion. Tastes like, well, cherry chapstick (sorry Nivea)! Only 2 dollars and change at CVS.

Leaves lips very soft, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I wish Nivea would just decide what this product really was and stick to it! I got this on a whim while at the drugstore because it was on sale for only a dollar and I was running low on lip balm. My lips have been really dry this winter and I've always heard that Nivea lip balms are great. I barely noticed that it said "lightly tinted". After applying it absentmindedly while working at my desk, I didn't realize just HOW much it's tinted till I walked to the bathroom. There was a bright cherry red color all on my lips, and it didn't look pretty because I'd smeared it all over my lips without looking! So be warned, it's pigmented, especially for it's claims. The cherry tint (when applied carefully, haha) is actually quite nice. It brightens my smile and has really good staying power. I'd say color-wise it's actually a pretty good dupe of Benetint. It's got a tiny, tiny bit of shine to it but really not much at all. As I said, closer to a lip tint than anything. However, I totally think that if they're going to make such a tinted product they should have different packaging than from their normal lip balms. Also, they should angle the top so that you can actually apply it to the bows of your lips more easily. In terms of it being a lip balm, I think it's quite disappointing and will be going back to my trusty mint-flavored Blistex. It isn't really moisturizing at all or thick and protective. The price is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by suzieqs86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a bit too loud for me so i try not to layer it on. but it moisturizes and protects my lips from chicago winters! gotta love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have lip product ADD and can't stick to one for a second. I bought this a while ago because I have no color to my lips and it was cheap, plus I trust Nivea's moisturizers. Anyway, I was turned off initially by the loudish color and it hid in one of my purses for a few months. Sure, if you apply one coat, the color is barely there and fine but I need more than that to coat my lips adequately! I have really really dry lips and this works fine for taking care of that aspect. No lip product I've ever used has "cured" my lips-- I still have to reapply often, etc. I've recently started using this more because I don't wear lipstick that often and this is a step up from those tinted balms that don't seem to have any discernible pigmentation to them. IMO, I'm glad I bought this and it was so cheap I have no regrets. I can live with the color. It's winter and my lips and face are soooo pale so it's probably OK to have a punch of color somewhere! I'll keep using it till I lose it or it's gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Gracie1353

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was not at all what I was expecting. I was hoping it would be a nicely scented cherry lip balm with a *hint* of color. What I got was basically a red/fuscia lipstick that is cough syrup scented. I am sure this would work nicely for some people but the color is really bright and garish on me. It also lasts a really long time and sort of stains my lips. I have been putting it on at night since I can't be seen wearing it since it makes me look like a clown, and when I wake up in the morning there is a ring of red pigment still remaining on my lip line.

I like the formula of the balm but just not the color or scent. I'll stick with the Nivea balms without color! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This chap stick is very moisturizing, and the tint it gives off is very nice, it isn't sheer, it gives a very nice noticeable color payoff.