April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I wish Nivea would just decide what this product really was and stick to it! I got this on a whim while at the drugstore because it was on sale for only a dollar and I was running low on lip balm. My lips have been really dry this winter and I've always heard that Nivea lip balms are great. I barely noticed that it said "lightly tinted". After applying it absentmindedly while working at my desk, I didn't realize just HOW much it's tinted till I walked to the bathroom. There was a bright cherry red color all on my lips, and it didn't look pretty because I'd smeared it all over my lips without looking! So be warned, it's pigmented, especially for it's claims. The cherry tint (when applied carefully, haha) is actually quite nice. It brightens my smile and has really good staying power. I'd say color-wise it's actually a pretty good dupe of Benetint. It's got a tiny, tiny bit of shine to it but really not much at all. As I said, closer to a lip tint than anything. However, I totally think that if they're going to make such a tinted product they should have different packaging than from their normal lip balms. Also, they should angle the top so that you can actually apply it to the bows of your lips more easily. In terms of it being a lip balm, I think it's quite disappointing and will be going back to my trusty mint-flavored Blistex. It isn't really moisturizing at all or thick and protective. The price is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by suzieqs86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a bit too loud for me so i try not to layer it on. but it moisturizes and protects my lips from chicago winters! gotta love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have lip product ADD and can't stick to one for a second. I bought this a while ago because I have no color to my lips and it was cheap, plus I trust Nivea's moisturizers. Anyway, I was turned off initially by the loudish color and it hid in one of my purses for a few months. Sure, if you apply one coat, the color is barely there and fine but I need more than that to coat my lips adequately! I have really really dry lips and this works fine for taking care of that aspect. No lip product I've ever used has "cured" my lips-- I still have to reapply often, etc. I've recently started using this more because I don't wear lipstick that often and this is a step up from those tinted balms that don't seem to have any discernible pigmentation to them. IMO, I'm glad I bought this and it was so cheap I have no regrets. I can live with the color. It's winter and my lips and face are soooo pale so it's probably OK to have a punch of color somewhere! I'll keep using it till I lose it or it's gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Gracie1353

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was not at all what I was expecting. I was hoping it would be a nicely scented cherry lip balm with a *hint* of color. What I got was basically a red/fuscia lipstick that is cough syrup scented. I am sure this would work nicely for some people but the color is really bright and garish on me. It also lasts a really long time and sort of stains my lips. I have been putting it on at night since I can't be seen wearing it since it makes me look like a clown, and when I wake up in the morning there is a ring of red pigment still remaining on my lip line.

I like the formula of the balm but just not the color or scent. I'll stick with the Nivea balms without color! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This chap stick is very moisturizing, and the tint it gives off is very nice, it isn't sheer, it gives a very nice noticeable color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

I was a bit worried after reading the bad reviews, but I love this lip balm and will be repurchasing. The color is a cherry red and very build-able. I agree with the reviewer who stated that the consistency was more like a stain than a gloss. If I want just a little bit of color I put only one coat, if I want a bolder effect I pair it with liner and apply two coats. I have even put a little on my cheeks for a flushed effect. I'm a NC42 for reference. I've been doing this for some time and have had no breakouts.

For the low cost, I am impressed with the versatility of this lip balm. It isn't as moisturizing as the other nivea lip balms but I don't find it as drying as other reviewers. I think it has replaced my bonnie bell Dr. Pepper which I actually feel is more drying and too sheer in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly think I must be using a different product than others from the reviews! This product is incredibly moisturizing on me and makes my lips incredibly soft. I get a fresh, sheer rosy glow on my lips with just a hint of shine. I love the cherry scent/taste, too. I am incredibly impressed with this lip balms, especially for the price. I just hope it continues to work so well!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by smittenkitten6196

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the way this product gives a "popsicle red" tint to your lips and has a nice candy like scent, but I found it dried out my lips (not terribly but still enough so that it was noticible) and the color didn't last very long. I really love the shade, but wish the product did a bit more moisturizing and had staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The main reason why I would not buy this again is because it takes the life out of my lips. I have plump lips and I swear to god that while i wore this, you can say they lost "weight". Not only that but they look flaky and beat up half the time. Add a dry, cold New England winter and my lips were practically massacred when I tried this almost a year ago. The color is indeed beautiful but if you apply more than two coats, welcome to clown territory. Which was the case when I had to reapply this every 5 minutes because it just dried my lips. One time I went to school looking like I wore red lipstick.Let's just say it did not receive rave reviews. Even with another lipbalm on top this was awful. The cherry taste didn't help either. I think I might give this one more try in the future, but for now, it is what it is. I did not give this a lower rating because of the price and the color. Again, the color is gorgeous if applied SPARINGLY.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Faustina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Huh... im surprised by the negative reviews for this product. I love it and I am a picky high end lippie snob! This is so much better then Fresh's rose tint sugar balm. There is actually no color to that one. The color of this one is exactly that of a cherry stain. So pretty. One swipe is sheer, two swipes is perfect for me for daytime. Looks so pretty without trying to hard. It has a cherry scent that I like but could see how someone could find fake smelling. The price is cheap in a good way. There are better lip balms out there for moisture but this is great for color and it feels good too. I would def buy again.