September 23, 2014 | 2124 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My voluminous mascara was getting old so I thought I'd try something new. I have short,thin and straight Asian lashes so I decided to try beauty tubes based on the MUA reviews. I was underwhelmed. The white primer dries too quickly for me to coat my lashes evenly, so by the time I got every single lash it was already clumping. It was hard to cover all of the white primer with the black mascara, which sucks when your natural lash color is black. Also, I didn't like the double-sided wand- it felt heavy and awkward to use. I loved how easy it was to remove though, and how my lashes felt soft with zero flakes (good for my contacts), so I tried practicing hoping to make it work. After 3 or 4 tries I gave up and retuned beauty tubes for another voluminous.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! For starters, it really does lengthen the lashes and I even find it adds some extra volume. However, my favorite thing about it is how easily it is removed!!! Literally, just get it wet and it slides off, all of it!!! So much more gentle in terms of removal than any other mascara I've tried. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 only because you have to be somewhat careful when applying because it can clump, but when applied with a little bit of patience it's beautiful! I've already repurchased numerous times, and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This is my go to mascara for special occasions, or just adding a bit more drama to my every day look.

Pros: Doesnt smudge, semi water proof, actually lengthens lashes.

Cons: HARD TO REMOVE!!! The directions say it will come right off with plain makeup remover, but that takes some scrubbing. The best way is to take a warm wash cloth and hold it over your lashes for about 30seconds and then wipe away. Sometimes that doesnt even work! I recommend that if you are going to use this during the day, just take a shower at the end of the day and the mascara will come off easier.

Also, when applying the primer, it seems to dry very quickly. If you dont move fast enough, it can be difficult to apply the black coat.

Overall, I enjoy this product and will always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. I tend to prefer volumizing formulas rather than lengthening, and while this looks okay after several coats, I don't see enough of a lengthening effect to justify the $12 price tag. I will attach a picture, which looks pretty impressive, but in real life the effect is not that overwhelming. The primer coat is nice, but I found that I had to apply 5-6 coats of black to get a noticeable look. I don't go for a natural look and like my lashes long, black, and thick, and this just didn't do the trick.

However, the tube formula is really cool and I will definitely use this mascara if I am going to be going out in wet weather or crying, as it stays put.

Otherwise, I will probably use the primer with my Jordana or Carbon Black to pump up the effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only "tube mascara" I've tried so far, and I like it very much.
As I never wear waterproof mascara because I'm too scared of losing any eyelashes while taking it out (I already have so few!), this is my pick for days where I'm afraid my mascara will smudge, like going to the movies to see something sad -- this is not heavy-crying-proof, but stays put after some tears! It goes out easily under warm water though.
It also gives great length and good volume. I just don't like the time it takes to use the base first, then the mascara etc.
and I also have mine for quite a long time now, and it didn't dry a bit!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Cherryxz

At first I really liked this mascara as it was so easy to remove! I love the primer. But it dries so fast!!!! And the mascara part.. It didn't lengthen at all and it gets all clumpy. I notice that it smudges after wearing for >8 hours too. Maybe Singapore weather is too hot? Haha
I would recommend cyber colors mascara anytime over this! I am using megacurl from cyber colors now. Works wonder for me. Can be purchased online from SaSa!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ebrack05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have FINALLY found the perfect mascara. My main concern is always the under eye darkness and smudging I start to get half way through the day. This will NOT smudge, no matter how much crying or raining is going on. Easy to remove in shower/when washing face, and less messy than other mascaras. Use black and white for more volume, or if you're in a rush, the black alone works well for work- it is subtle and never clumpy, and sure not to ever run. Seriously so pleased...I almost bought blinc, but this is even better because it provides volume, length, and stays put!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by katrinasmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great drugstore mascara. I purchased this a while ago (year or more) tried it a few times and let it sit in my mascara stash. I forgot about it and have now used it again a few times. I am actually impressed with its performance compaired to my dior extase and lancome hypnose drama which both clump up and look thick on my lashes. I use latisse so I have long lashes but with this mascara my lashes look even better. If I needed to repurchase a drugstore mascara, this would be it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara I can wear! I love my lashes and enjoy playing them up, but most mascaras just make them look clumpy and end up smearing all over the place. This is GOLD. It makes my already long lashes look plump and separated. I have been asked on more than one occasion if I was wearing false lashes. This mascara does not budge all day! I can wear it to work and know i'm not getting smudges or flakes on my face. Plus, it comes off like a dream. Just wet your fingers with water and it slides of like butter. :) I have been using this for years and do not plan on switching! I recommend this product to everyone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to be careful with mascara as I find most smudge and give me panda eyes by early afternoon. This is one of very few that doesn't. Whenever I wear this I get loads of compliments and one person accused me of wearing false lashes!

It is one of those mascaras that is removable with warm water rather than a heavy make up remover. This isn't too good as it tempts me to not take it off at night and remove it in the morning in the shower! However, I've noticed that just using a cotton wool pad soaked in warm water before removing the rest of my make up works just as well.