July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I LOVE this mascara. Possible the best I have ever tried. It gives my eyelashes so much volume as well as making them long and without looking clumpy, which is exactly what a mascara should have! I love the look it gives and the brush and just everything about it. For less than £10 you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

MY DRUG STORE HG...So, I tried this mascara back in 2010 after purchasing "The Falsies" Waterproof by accident, I returned it & the lady at the Shoppers Drug Mart cosmetics counter suggested I try The Colossal since I told her it was volume galore I was after. I really loved it then. Recently my bf bought me the Colossal again (but the Smoky Eye Blackest Smoke) kind (NON WP). It made me wonder why I sort of forgot about it for 3 years considering I LOVE it. I was lost in Voluminous land for a while there plus constantly testing out others by L'Oreal. Anyhow, back to Colossal. The collagen leaves lashes nicely in place, in other words - holds a curl well. The brush is nice & thick so it picks up the product. I require volume & I get a TON of volume with this mascara. Thick, luscious eye lashes & only 2 coats per eye (rather then my regular 3 or 4 with other mascaras). I actually like the smell. It reminds me of honey. I'm not sure how it does for length as I've that naturally, but I do know that it is 2 of my girl-friends' go to mascara & they say it provides them with length as well as volume.
UPDATE: Mar 22-2014 RE purchased "Glam Black" - still just as luscious, I think I like the REG type over the Smoky Eye b/c I get even thicker lashes w/ it & sooo curled!! 5 lippies from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by TeenWolf

The mascara is overall good but the smell is the only reason I didn't give this product 5 lippies. I wouldn't repurchase it just because of the smell, but other than that its good

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh, DISLIKE. My eyelashes are my pride and joy, and their feelings were hurt by this product! ;) They did not thicken at all or lengthen. Waste of money and waste of a nasty ingredient splurge (collagen).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

I bought this mascara because I wanted to try something different since I always use the Mega Plush. I honestly didn't see any difference between the mascaras. I feel that all Maybelline mascaras are very similar in formula since they are from the same company so it doesn't matter what type you use. The only complaint I would have is that it dries hard so you cant touch it up later. But otherwise it is a good, quick, cheap and natural mascara!

oh and people keep mentioning the smell, it really only smells once you put it on then it stops, so don't worry about it! I don't think anyone will be smelling your eyelashes anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

for my thin,dense and medium-lengthed lashes it is just WONDERFUL!
its dense,thick, with medium softness brush and the different lengths of bristles it has, covers just perfect every lash..
i can't think of any con, it is just one of those products that's worth the hype..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

The is a good mascara, but the only reason why i wont purchase again is because of the smell. It smells absolutely terrible! It's probably because of the added collagen. I like the effect it has on the lashes, but i wont rather use another mascara because of the smell. Now that its getting old, its starting to flake and is weird.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since all the cool people are doing it, I had to try. I got the Glam Black - I don't see the blue tint in it but it is very black. I would get Classic Black in retrospect. The main problem I have with this is that it tends to be clumpy when you layer it.

Even if you use a different mascara underneath it still clumps. I am all for a more than natural look but I don't like the clumps. The rose scent is bad too. It is nice though that it doesn't seem to flake off or smudge (Like my Maybelline Full and Soft does).

It does end up coming off very easily if your eyes water for any reason. I tried Cover Girl Lash Blast and Im much more impressed with that one - wears nice, removes easily, more of a natural lengthening effect ( no hairy spider legs ), and doesn't flake off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usualy use Max Factor's Lash Perfection and Volume Couture which work fabulously. So I had a $2 off Maybelline coupon and the mascarra was $5.99 on sale, so I got the mascara for like $3.99 or so. Well, I get home and I try this mascara and I was like (O.O) !!!! It worked!! and it didn't smell like I heard it would smell. I really can not decide if I should start using the Colossal Volum' Express mascara or use the Max Factor's Lash Perfection and Volume couture?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is an okay product. My main complaint is that it smudges easily under the eyes and flakes off during the day.
The application itself is usually fine but it can clump if you put on too many layers or if there's a lot of product on the brush. I wouldn't repurchase - there are better mascaras for the price.