April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome, awesome, awesome palette. I have blue eyes so the colors in this palette make my eyes absolutely pop. The colors are very blendable and so pretty. What finally convinced me to buy it was a YouTube video by kuuipo1207 where she used this palette and the result when I tried it was amazing. I would buy this palette again in a heartbeat if I ever ran out of the colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by ohemeffgee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have so much love for this palette. The colors are beautiful, wearable, pigmented, and they last forever, even without primer. It's easy to blend, incredibly reasonably priced, and very high quality. This is my favorite Kat Von D palette because the colors, though they're not as flashy as the other palettes, can be combined to make the most gorgeous natural looking smoky eyes. This shadow is basically goof proof; just plop on some with a good brush, blend it in, make sure your crease color is in the right place, and voila!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette! Beautiful colors that are neutral but not boring. The shimmery shades are pretty, not glittery and gaudy, and the matte shades make it even more versatile. It can be soft and light or smoky. The shadows are very soft and blendable. I do get creasing and moving around without a primer, but everything creases on me, so that's not a big deal. Very glad I finally bought it!

I added 2 pics -- 1 using the bronze/brown colors, 1 using the greens and a little brown in the crease. Hope it's helpful :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

This is yet another Kat Von D product that I'm in love with! It contains 8 eyeshadows in a gorgeous black palette that has silver roses stenciled on the cover of it. The color names from left to right are: Lucifer (matte black), Orbi (golden green), Dimebag (metallic lime green), Clay (beige with gold glitter), Tequila (pale yellow shimmer), Downtown (light copper), Baroque (golden bronze shimmer), and Leather (deep chocolate brown). The pigmentation of the palette is very good and the colors blend easily into one another. What I love most is that I don't have to layer on the shadow to get lots of color, one stroke of shadow is easily enough. It doesn't powder off the palette and flake away. Some fallout is expected when working with dark eyeshadows, but it's not excessive when it comes to these colors. I use my UDPP underneath these shadows and don't experience any problems with creasing or fading. This is a great palette for someone who wants a fairly neutral look, but can spice it up if they want to go out one night. The brushes that come with the palette are very impractical, but can be used wet with shadow to create an eyeliner effect. This sells for $34 at your local Sephora or on sephora.com. Great buy for the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this at my last visit to Sephora just based on the colors. I love every single color in this palette and will use them all! If you love neutrals this is the palette for you. I love that it has both warms (the coppers and browns) and cools (the greens and black) so you can create a lot of different looks with this single palette. I'm not a sucker for packaging but it's pretty cute! It's also pretty slim and compact, and I basically got this for traveling since I don't like to travel with my loose mineral shadows. The colors are pigmented and go on very smoothly and blend easily. Overall beautiful palette, and I would buy again even though for me it was expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by sabrinafabbott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really enjoying this product. I got it a couple of weeks ago and have used it a few times. I use it UDPP and have done a smoky green eye and a smoky orange eye. Both are great. These shadows have good pigment and the container is black rubbery, like NARS. I would say this line will be around for a while. i really like buying palettes and this one is very fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by halostatic

I love, love, love, love this palette! In my opinion definitely worth the price. There are eight gorgeous colors in this palette and they are pretty pigmented. My favorite in the palette is Tequila the highlight color. The packaging is gorgeous as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous palette. The pictures of it on the Sephora site do not do the colours justice. It seems pretty skipable. It was only when I saw it in person that I fell in love. It's gorgeous. I swear this palette was made just for me, these are exactly the colours I'd pick if I could make my own palette. It looks amazing with green eyes.

The packaging is nice too; it's kind of a rubbery black (almost like NARS) with a silver design. The teeny little brushes are kind of useless, though.

I've never really been a fan of Sephora shadows which I find are chalky, gritty or just have terrible payoff. This palette is none of the above. The shadows are buttery, and really pigmented. Most of the Kat Von D line is amazing. It's hard to believe it was produced under the Sephora line at all. I definitely recommend checking it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy crap! I am pleasantly surprised by these shadows. They apply like a dream and great color pay off too. I love the shade selections in this palette and the cute packaging as well. The applicators I can do without and suggest that everyone buy good brushes too. I started with Urban Decay Primer Potion and then used M.A.C.'s "Painterly" paint pot, and the shadows looked freakin' awesome on top! I am in love and can't wait to try more Kat Von D makeup!!!
For an unbeatable price, especially since there are several eyeshadows, HIGH-QUALITY at that, and chic packaging (nice big mirror too), I'd buy this again! =D Great for travel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

i swapped for this palette. And im glad i did. the black unfortunitly didnt make the shipment as well as the other colors. overall the colors are really great, they show well over my udpp and if i had to pay for it i would :)