August 20, 2014 | 2147 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product on and off for years, specially the unreviewed (wait till I get my 20 reviews !!!) lil' blue bottle by Biore.
It is a bit drying like other ladies noticed, and my main critic about this product is the slight irritation it causes to my sensitive eyes.
I use this mostly in Asia during the summer, which tends to be hot and sticky. It does give a nice matte finish to my skin and I have to admit in the summer, more often than not I use it as a makeup base!!!!
I did notice on some occasions some mini pimples occuring under my eyes, always at the same spot.
I'd recommend this product for a vacation at the beach, but NOT for daily/city wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by liyan90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG sunscreen.This sunscreen not only has HIGH SPF,it helps in oil-controlling too!!!! i've got really oily skin and the weather in singapore is almost sunny all year round!

I wear this sunscreen everyday and it does not break me out at all:) my skin feels smoother after applying it..and it keeps my face away from shine...

a note to dry skin ppl**
The sunscreen in white bottle is defintely NOT RECCOMENDED for ppl with dry skin!!

i'm on my 2nd bottle already.The price is very reasonable,i paid mine @ 8.50SGD.i pray hard that biore would manufacture this FOREVER!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

This is the one in the pink bottle called Bright Face Milk. It is 30mL. I purchased it for USD$10.50+shipping online. It comes out a pale pink liquid. Once applied to the skin, it evens out my skin tone just a touch without looking visibly white or pink. It's not as drying as Sofina perfect UV, so I prefer this over sofina and because it's cheaper. But still, this was slightly drying. When I miss exfoliation, it definitely accentuated flakes and dry patches. I will try the Moist face milk version next; perhaps that'll be less drying. I thought this was a great primer for makeup due to its silicone content. As for removal, you absolutely must use an oil-based cleanser. This is definitely HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the older version (white bottle and lid, no blue at all), in China this summer (60 rmb for the 1oz bottle ~ $9 :D), and it's excellent - definitely similar to Sofina but much cheaper. It is very matte and long-lasting with a slight white cast. My only warning is how drying it is (and the newer version is even drier!)...I found it not dry enough when I was in super super hot/humid Shanghai, but upon returning to the US I can't use it without feeling dry. So this will definitely be a staple for super humid areas, but otherwise I'll probably buy one of Mentholatum's alcohol-free fluids.
PS: If you look at the ingredients, you'll see no real comodogenic culprits...people who break out from this are likely either not fully removing it (I concede it is difficult; cleansing oil recommended) or can't use cones.

I can't post the ingredients translations (she asked not to), so check em out here http://ratzilla.wordpress.com/?s=biore+perfect+milk (click each entry for expanded view - pictures, etc.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Jyoan

I love this. It has everything that a good sunscreen should have. The higher than 30 SPF, PA+++, and both UVA and UVB protection. Plus, it comes in a milk-water mixture, making it so light and comfortable on the skin. For me, the 30ml can go a really long way of about 2 and a half years, as I have been using milk-water mixture sunscreen all along from another Japanese brand. At only $11.10 from Guardian, it is very affordable for an all-encompassing sunscreen. I bought the pink one for whitening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Greenteamint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Biore sunblock i have tried is the white & blue one. Im sure this is the real deal since its made in Japan!!! Too bad I would have rated it a perfect 5 if only there is an easy way to remove it. I have to more than double cleansed my face. I have tried cleansing oil, facial wipes, loreal make up remover followed by foam cleanser. It still leaves a white residue in my fingernails when i tried running my fingernails over my face. Indeed its the best oil free & lasting sunblock i tried so far....but the cleansing part is just too tiring!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I have been purchasing samples of Sunplay sunscreen for usuage, but have not been completely statisfied with their products so I was reluctant to puchase the full sizes which retails at around SGD20. I decided to purchase this Biore product as its much less costly than Sunplay. Due to its price, I did not expect much from it. I have used it for two days now and so far, I am quite pleased with it. I have rated this product according to the below citerias:

Application:
Applies smoothly and very lightly, disappears into the skin upon application. I applied several layers and the product layered very well, without stickyness. As for the whistish cast very associated with sunscreens, the whitish cast caused by this sunscreen is quite minimal considering the amount of layers I applied.

After Application Feeling on the Skin:
It dries and sits quite comfortably on the skin, with no heavy feeling after drying. This distintly resemblems Kiss Me Sunkiller sunscreens, which I liked (but unfortunatly broke me out badly so I could not continue using it).

How Makeup Applies on top of Product:
I use power foundation on top of this sunscreen applied with a big powder brush, and liked how the powder 'sticks' onto my skin nicely instead of sitting thickly on my face like it usually does. I have yet to use liquid foundation with this product but I think this sunscreen might work better with powders as liquids might have problems with the blending process as liquids would most probably dry too quickly on top of this slightly powdery sunscreen texture.

Oil Control:
My face remains more shine free than were I to use other sunscreens. I didn't quite take note of the exact amount of oiliness controlled, but I think it shoud be about 1/3 better oil control compared to when I use other sunscreens.

Breakouts:
Have yet to occur and I hope it never will. Definately will repurchase if it doesn't break me out, AND continues to perform as well as it is currently working.

Is This Product Worth Your Moolah?
Yes, considering the very reasonable price and good quality. Performs better than a sunblock that costs 5 times its price.

UPDATE:
After having using the product several times now, I would like to include other feedback on it. Amongest my top complaints would be it did broke me out eventually, especially at the cheek area so I can't use it as often as I used to, which was everyday. For this, I would take a lippie off. In the end, I ended up purchasing a full size of Sunplay's sunscreen because it didn't broke me out.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

I use this product with body not for face, but i do use the pink bottle of BIORE for my face. This sunblock is awesome!! I am using the second bottle now. When you apply it to your body, it dries immediately. I have lived in Asia where the weather has very very very high level of humidity and during the day you sweat a lot. I often got annoyed by those sunscreen that make me feel very sticky when the sunscreen is mixed with sweat. BUT this biore, blue bottle has solved all this problem. I will repurchase this again and again and again. oh and it is cheap (of course in Asia).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by shin05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This sunscreen is awesome. I've got oily skin that shines so much in the mid-day, so i hate the idea of wearing sunscreen which is usually thick and greasy. This one is so good that it's so light, and liquidy, and it dries matte, and even controls the oil shine throughout the day, even till when i return home.
BUT this sunscreen contains hell lot of alcohol, you can smell and feel it immediately upon application. but this didnt stop me from appreciating its plus points, so i would still repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by gcpl2

I use the white face milk as a makeup base before my usual foundation powder. The texture for a sunblock with this level of SPF is great! Very light, watery (which makes it easy to apply) and dries down to a powder finish. It does a reasonable job of controlling oil and sebum through the day - I have normal to slightly oily skin - so my foundation still looks pretty fresh after 6 hours. Best of all, it is pretty cheap. All in all, a great product for the money.