November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I have been purchasing samples of Sunplay sunscreen for usuage, but have not been completely statisfied with their products so I was reluctant to puchase the full sizes which retails at around SGD20. I decided to purchase this Biore product as its much less costly than Sunplay. Due to its price, I did not expect much from it. I have used it for two days now and so far, I am quite pleased with it. I have rated this product according to the below citerias:

Application:
Applies smoothly and very lightly, disappears into the skin upon application. I applied several layers and the product layered very well, without stickyness. As for the whistish cast very associated with sunscreens, the whitish cast caused by this sunscreen is quite minimal considering the amount of layers I applied.

After Application Feeling on the Skin:
It dries and sits quite comfortably on the skin, with no heavy feeling after drying. This distintly resemblems Kiss Me Sunkiller sunscreens, which I liked (but unfortunatly broke me out badly so I could not continue using it).

How Makeup Applies on top of Product:
I use power foundation on top of this sunscreen applied with a big powder brush, and liked how the powder 'sticks' onto my skin nicely instead of sitting thickly on my face like it usually does. I have yet to use liquid foundation with this product but I think this sunscreen might work better with powders as liquids might have problems with the blending process as liquids would most probably dry too quickly on top of this slightly powdery sunscreen texture.

Oil Control:
My face remains more shine free than were I to use other sunscreens. I didn't quite take note of the exact amount of oiliness controlled, but I think it shoud be about 1/3 better oil control compared to when I use other sunscreens.

Breakouts:
Have yet to occur and I hope it never will. Definately will repurchase if it doesn't break me out, AND continues to perform as well as it is currently working.

Is This Product Worth Your Moolah?
Yes, considering the very reasonable price and good quality. Performs better than a sunblock that costs 5 times its price.

UPDATE:
After having using the product several times now, I would like to include other feedback on it. Amongest my top complaints would be it did broke me out eventually, especially at the cheek area so I can't use it as often as I used to, which was everyday. For this, I would take a lippie off. In the end, I ended up purchasing a full size of Sunplay's sunscreen because it didn't broke me out.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

I use this product with body not for face, but i do use the pink bottle of BIORE for my face. This sunblock is awesome!! I am using the second bottle now. When you apply it to your body, it dries immediately. I have lived in Asia where the weather has very very very high level of humidity and during the day you sweat a lot. I often got annoyed by those sunscreen that make me feel very sticky when the sunscreen is mixed with sweat. BUT this biore, blue bottle has solved all this problem. I will repurchase this again and again and again. oh and it is cheap (of course in Asia).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by shin05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This sunscreen is awesome. I've got oily skin that shines so much in the mid-day, so i hate the idea of wearing sunscreen which is usually thick and greasy. This one is so good that it's so light, and liquidy, and it dries matte, and even controls the oil shine throughout the day, even till when i return home.
BUT this sunscreen contains hell lot of alcohol, you can smell and feel it immediately upon application. but this didnt stop me from appreciating its plus points, so i would still repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by gcpl2

I use the white face milk as a makeup base before my usual foundation powder. The texture for a sunblock with this level of SPF is great! Very light, watery (which makes it easy to apply) and dries down to a powder finish. It does a reasonable job of controlling oil and sebum through the day - I have normal to slightly oily skin - so my foundation still looks pretty fresh after 6 hours. Best of all, it is pretty cheap. All in all, a great product for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by yeeshoon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

previously before this i'm using Mentholatum's Sunplay SPF 130 PA ++ ... i need sunscreen with high SPF and PA since i'm active in school outdoor activities ... but after that i switched to this ... this is way better than sunplay ! ... it has better scent and non greasy [unlike sunplay's] ... during my trip to a waterpark ... i totally didn't get ANY tan thanks to Biore ! .. my previous sunscreen not only didn't help in preventing me in getting a tan ... it doesn't even prevent me in getting a nasty sunburn ! ... Biore UV Perfect face milk is really awesome and very affordable ... will buy it again !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought the white version, cos i worried that the pink version will clog pores due to the shimmer in it.

This does have superb oil control power. May not be good news for dehydrated skin type like mine. It can be easily solved by using moisturizer before that. Currently i am using Eucerin Skin Regulating Cream-Gel, so far so good. This does not clogged my pores, this is good replacement for Clinique Super City Block SPF40. Good price, good quality.

This is white, but goes on transparent once applied to skin. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by miasam17

The best sunblock just yet, Sofina, also makes the brand Biore. So, I tried this sunblock, which is cheaper yet very similiar and comparable to Sofina. It goes on very light, just like milk, same as Sofina. The texture of this is wonderful, with a powdery finish when it dries. Sofina has more of a silicone, slippery finish. However, I find Biore too drying. My skin felt stretched the whole day. This version of Biore UV absorbs sebum and oil, and mattifies the face with the powder finish. I suppose this causes my skin to be dry and tight. I would have to stick with Sofina. But I will be trying hte other variant, the purple one which is supposed to be moist.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 9:46:00 AM More reviews by visee

Typical of most Japanese sunscreens, this Biore sunscreen has very high SPF (PSF50+, PA+++), and a runny light texture. I'm a bit concerned about the alcohol in this, but so far I've been using it daily as a makeup base/sunscreen (almost finishing the bottle), and it doesn't really cause breakouts or dryness.

I will probably try the Sofina sunscreen next since it's much raved about. But this sunscreen is pretty good so far, and the price is really reasonable as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Review for white bottle: I love the smooth, watery texture of this. It applies very well and dries clear and powdery. It brightens the face a little and is perfect for my non-makeup days (my makeup already has SPF). However, I do not think I will be repurchasing. The powdery finish rubs off easily. The alcohol content is high - very high. When I apply it on my cheeks, I can feel the fumes going into my eyes. It has irritated my eyes on more than one occasion. Not a good thing. I think it may be harmful in the long run. Too bad though. The price is practically dirt-cheap at S$8.50 in certain stores.

Review for blue bottle: I have since tried the blue bottle, the waterproof one for face and body. I've gone through many bottles cos it's the best drugstore brand out there without oxybenzone. The alcohol content doesn't bug me as much, either because I got used to it, or the blue bottle contains less of it. I use this daily now because I have AHA in my skincare routine. It doesn't rub off like the white one does. Will be sticking with it until I have more moolah to hunt for better sunblocks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mom finds it too oily, and passed it to me, I only used it everywhere else except my face (fear of dryness and clogging). Easy light watery texture like sunkiller. I am not sure it does help me from the sunrays, but I kinda trust japanese sunscreen, and it's triple +. It's cheap too.

As I have dehydrated combi skin, I prefer not to use sunscreen that ends up powdery after application, as I suspect it may be too drying for my skin.