December 21, 2014 | 868 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by adgirl5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while ago, gave it a try.. and honesty don't remember my first impression. Kind of sad but I went through a lot of illness in 2012. I've been looking for my holy grail foundation.. Purple Labs Silk Sheets in Tan (which is really a medium) and of course it's been d/c'ed. I just hate that. Silk Sheets was the most perfect skincare foundation I've ever used. Knowing I'd be on the foundation hunt, I pulled out my stash and found MISSHA Perfect Cover in 27. I'd applied Perricone's Tinted moisturizer already, but the coverage wasn't there. So I layered a small amount of this one on top and thankfully, a beautiful finish, perfect match.. not to moisturizing, not too dry... just right. My face just glowed in a non-shiny "good way." I'm not sure I'll repurchase as I'm fickle and want to try the next best thing. But.. if I don't find it, I'll be back to this lovely medium coverage BB Cream that isn't really a close second to my beloved HG but it works to give the finish and coverage I really like. It lasted all day, no problem.. but it's cold weather now. My skin is slightly winter-dry, nothing horrible. I use argan oil as a primer before applying any foundation or bb cream. I did use a light dusting of BE's illuminating mineral veil to set. And as most of us know, it's not really illuminating.. just doesn't look a bit dry. Shade wise I'm a tad darker than MAC NC-35 and 27 works great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a PPP, approximately NC/NW15 (I'm pretty neutral and haven't used MAC so it's an approximation) or MUFE 110, and I use Bright Beige No. 13 in this BB cream. The colour match for me is good, it's a nice neutral colour, but that's about all that's really great with this product.

I know that many BB creams aren't incredibly opaque, but I feel like this one barely does anything on my skin...except settle into any damn line it can find on my face. When I first put it on, my face looks *slightly* better, with a nice glow and ever so slightly more evenness. But within about an hour or two, I feel like this just melts away from my skin, only staying in the lines that it managed to find, leaving little white stripes around my eyes. And that happens even if I set it with powder. It's very creamy and doesn't seem to dry, which some people might like.

Most Asian BB creams have ingredients which are supposed to make your skin look nicer, but I haven't had that effect at all from this one. It basically just feels like mineral oil sitting on my face.

I could imagine that this would be good for anyone with SUPER dry skin and very little to hide.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by whitelin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a month now, and I like it so much I'm wearing it nearly every day. It gives me everything I've always wanted from tinted moisturisers but never got - it's a quick, all-in-one cream that moisturises while covering up blemishes and evening out my skin tone.

I'm very pale (NC10-15) and I often have trouble finding products that are light enough, including other Asian BB creams I've tried, but shade #13 is a great match. It can look a bit strange when it first goes on because it's very dewy and has a slight greyish cast, but after I've set it with powder and given it a few minutes to oxidise, it matches my skin tone and looks very natural. It gives good, medium coverage that lasts me throughout a work day. I still need concealer for some spots, but it covers up my rosacea and smaller blemishes completely.

I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this bbcream. I slap this on when my skin is giving me trouble and can't handle the heaviness of a foundation. I even mix it with foundations to give them more of a moisturizing feel. It gives great coverage and cancels redness. It claims to have all sorts of skin benefits as all asian bbcreams do and I haven't seen much of that in my youth but we'll see how I age haha! I got mine off amazon so it wasn't expensive at all and it works like a dream. It's on the thicker side and I like it that way because it's very moisture rich and pigmented. My favorite combination as of right now is this with Revlon Colorstay aqua mineral foundation layered over the top it looks gorgeous. I definitely will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Though it seems to be the most popular asian bb cream on the market, it also seems that the Missha Perfect Cover BB is also a very hit or miss product. Luckily for me, it's a major hit.

I originally purchased this product at Missha's store in Harajuku when I lived in Japan last summer. I can't even begin to describe how hot and humid Japanese summers are, and I was looking for a quick fix product to replace my entire makeup routine, and that I could easily reapply entirely on the go. I had read rave reviews about this product online beforehand, so when I spotted the Missha stand as I was searching for a drugstore, I was so excited. Thankfully, the product turned out to be a great success for me, and was something that I could apply and reapply and reapply as I sweated it off throughout the day.

I am very pale (and white, not even Asian), but the shade #13 in Milky Beige suits my skintone perfectly. Those horrible western BB creams often leave pale girls looking orange, and a lot of other Asian BB creams, such as the Skin 79 line, can have a gray tone to them that lasts even after oxidization. This cream, however, looks very natural on me, like my skin but better, which is obviously what you should aim for with any base/foundation kind of product.

It definitely sets like a good moisturizer, without making my already soft, normal texture skin feel greasy or oily at all. In fact, I often use it as a replacement for moisturizer and sunscreen in my morning routine, and it works like a charm for me. Sometimes, I even use this BB cream on its own, or with a little dab of concealer here and there, and I'm set for the day, getting a good amount of coverage without the more time-consuming routine of moiturizer > sunblock > foundation > finishing powder. Speaking of sunblock, did I neglect to mention that this has SPF?

Usually when I use Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, I apply it as the first layer of my facial routine. It's buildable, so if I'm wearing it in place of my foundation, I wait a bit between application and add a couple extra layers to my chin (the only trouble spot on my face) which does the trick rather nicely. If I'm doing my entire routine, however, I only apply one layer, then add one layer of foundation, and minimal concealer. Rarely do I ever need finishing powder, as this product has a bit of a dewy effect as advertised, but does not make me look shiny.

I like the fact that the packaging has a pump, which is a more hygienic alternative to other bottle types, but unfortunately, I've had problems with the pump getting stuck, or having to pump rapidly for a bit to get the product back up to the top. This doesn't happen very often, however, so it's not too bad.

Because of this product, I can't help but roll my eyes and shake my head when people go on and on about western BB creams. They're not even comparable in the slightest to the original asian products, really, just overly hyped and repackaged tinted moisturizers. I wish I could hand everybody a bottle of Missha BB cream so they could understand how well the real deal works!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

I bought the # 23 first and I did like it but I had to mix it with another foundation with more of a yellow color so that it would match my skin tone. Apart from having a grayish tone, it was also pretty dewy. And I'm comparing it to the # 27 I ended buying a year later. I don't think I will ever go back to any other foundation. I LOVE Missha M # 27 bb cream!! It doesn't feel heavy, it has amazing coverage and matches my skin PERFECTLY. I have been searching for my match ever since I started wearing makeup and tbh I had to resort to mixing two different colors because I had given up. #27 is less dewy, a bit more on the matte side. I am acne prone and have sensitive skin & this makeup did not break me out at all. It doesn't get oily or bit it did make me look washed out the longer I have it on, more than 6 hours for me. And I do appreciate the SPF and how it's supposed to lighten your scars. I do see improvement. Definitely a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by omimcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great light coverage, I've got the no.13 shade as I'm very pale and will only continue to get paler as we move into winter so it's a good match. I apply this with clean hands on my face and then use a heaver concealer over my acne and it looks very natural. Have recommended this product to many people :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just a heads up, this is a FOUNDATION NOT A BASE!!

PEOPLE THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE USED AS A FOUNDATION BUT A BASE!

now at first i tried it with a brush and it was AWFUL! the color was all wrong!! it made me look gray. the consistency was not streaky and it was very moisturizing just like the product promised. good spf but the only problem was the gray cast. lots of gurus claim that it goes away within a few minutes but mine didn't leave until noon (i applied it in the morning) but once the product does sink in it looks very very natural. i was rereading the product description on their direct only store and they say it can be used as a makeup BASE! meaninig prior to foundation! then it hit me.. use a small amount like a moisturizer (like the whole dot it on each section of your face and neck then spread) THEN apply on your foundation (i highly recommend laneige's crystal dual foundation). it will make your makeup last and last and last.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect cover gives me decent coverage but I love that it didn't break me out. Its staying power is pretty good as well. I don't like that it isn't very moisturizing but I just compensate by stacking with a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by justanne

I've been using this for more than a year now and I'd have to say, this is my favorite among all my bb creams. I bought it through a friend who sells korean cosmetics for around $14 or $15 for the full size. I really dont remember how much it was exactly but it was pretty affordable considering how much product it has. Now, First of all, the texture is lovely. It compliments my combination skin - I have an oily t zone while my cheeks are normal. I live in the tropics, so I oil up faster than I normally would when I stay in an air conditioned room. But I don't mind the dewy skin it gives me once it sets off. I really don't like my face to be looking super matte so I don't mind that its a bit dewy after a couple of hours. The place I live in is really warm, even when it's not summer it still is warm, so the high spf couldn't make me any more happier. I guess it still depends on how your skin is but so far it's faired okay with me. The coverage is also LOVE! It can go from light to semi full but definitely not full as I can still see some of my marks peeking through. I had a pretty bad case of acne last year so athough it has improved a lot, I'm still suffering the consequences of acne marks up to this date. This baby covers so well I only need two layers to be on the go, I don't even use concealers anymore. And lastly, the shade. Well i'm not so fond of the color as most korean bb creams are too gray but like I said, it adjusts on my skin tone in no time. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so if we are in the same color chart then it should work fine for you. I use the shade #23 in Natural Beige. So anyways, If you're looking to buy a high end western bb cream anytime soon, I highly suggest you give this a shot first. Its THAT good I swear! You can buy this off at cosmetics love. :) Try it, you'll love it!