April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looooove this. I always bring it with me after swimming and showering. It helps dry off my skin but the cocoa butter bits also leave it moisturised. Plus it smells sooooooo good. I prefer this dusting powder over other because of the cocoa butter bits. It makes the product more functional. Plus the fact that it has no talc. I don't think I'll stop using this until they discontinue it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

to me, it smells exactly like alkmaar soap. i love it. smells clean, simple and pretty. pair it together with flying fox body wash, really make my day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Clemency

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent and have purchased this powder again and again. I think I'm on my 8th box!

I solved the "powder going everywhere" problem. I smack the opening on top of the box with a closed lipstick container. I smack it only once and only hard enough for the opening to crack slightly but not to open completely. Then I dial the opening so that it's half hidden by the top of the container. Voila! Perfectly dispensed powder.

Sprinkle it on your sheets for a nice treat when you slip into bed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the soft smell of this body powder. It rubs into skin easily. Perfect for right after the shower. Keeps skin feeling silky. The only downside is that my husband HATES the smell. He said it was so strong and it gave him a headache. He also said I smelled like an old lady. So because of his comments I was going to return it to the store. But I couldn't get myself to do it. I love it so much I wear put it on when he's not around. I'm hoping he will get used to it and decide he likes the smell after all. We'll see. I don't think the scent is heavy at all. Very light and soft but maybe he's more sensitive to scents than me. Next time I go to the lush store I want to pick up Candy Fluff. If it smells anything like MMM bath melt, then I want it! I wish Lush would come out with more body powders in other scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by bootsvalentine

I really like this, the smell is great (light and sweet) and it feels soft and fine. I find this great for hot weather to keep myself cool and dry. Also it's a pretty neutral scent so it won't compete with your signature fragrance. The best tip I got over on the Lush forums was to get a powder-dispensing brush at Walmart.
A cheap version of those Urban Decay cocktail collection brushes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by styrch

First, I'm going to say "yes, I'll buy this again" without really being too sure I will, but I'm leaning in that direction.

I don't usually use powders like this, but a friend recommended it to me. I have to say, for those nights when it starts out cool but gets to warm (usually because my DH is a portable heater) and I end up waking up all sweaty this is great. Dust on the stuff and go right back to sleep! Best of all, it's really not "dry your skin out" type of powder. It feels WONDERFUl after a bath.

The downside is the packaging. It's impossible to put it on without wasting a ton of product, and this stuff isn't cheap! I wish it came in a sifter jar with a powder puff or something. I would LOVE it then.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by alucinor

I finally got the chance to visit a Lush store while I was in Boston and I picked this up as well as a bar of King of Skin. The packaging is silly, and the smell seems a little weird if you take a big whiff, but once I put it on I was OK. I haven't gotten the chance to use it in the humid summer, so right now I use it over this sticky lotion that I'm trying to use up. It's a good product, but I gave it a 3 because it's not spectacular and I could live without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by KeshieShimmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The powder is nice, it smells light and the feel is moisturizing. However the container sucks, the powder spills everywhere. It also doesn't have the moisture absorbing quailities that I look for in a powder. I won't buy this again, because it spills everywhere and it's just an 'OK' powder for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by northbynw

I have a history of short-lived obsessions with Lush products, followed by disappointment. So far, though, this powder has lived up to the reviews. The smell's great, and it goes on so well! I used to feel the need to shower both at night and in the morning, but I just put this on before I sleep and I wake up feeling totally clean! It doesn't look chalky at all - goes on smooth and has a lovely, delicate scent. I've already bought them for my friends. As with the rest, I HATE the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sammybee

Lovely scent and feels heavenly, but the packaging is awful. I put mine in a cute holder with a big powder puff. It's easier to use, looks nicer and allows you to use much less as the original packaging seems designed to spill everywhere.