LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 8/16/2007 8:55:00 AM

This is a beautiful powder. It makes your skin feel SILKY, just like it says... because of the coco butter it contains. Initially, I was going to buy the candy-scented powder from LUSH, but after trying both of them on my skin, I fell for this one because of the feel. I would recommend this product to anyone who likes the idea of a powder that keeps you soft, but does not like the dry, chalky feeling powder can create. This is a very very smooth feeling powder and I find the scent really "pretty", very sweet. The packaging isn't good, but I really don't mind.. the product makes up for it. I'd rather have simple packaging anyways. Give it a try in the store, and compare the way the different powders feel on your skin, and you'll probably fall for this one :)

on 7/13/2007 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I dislike the smell of this so much, but I find that once it's mixed with my own scent, it is truly revolting. I bought this to replace my Perlier Pink Peony powder and now that I found it again at Marshalls, I am going to get rid of the Lush. I agree with the complaints about the packaging, but these are insignificant compared with the scent. Thought it was good in the store, perhaps a little spicy/exotic, but it didn't work for me.

on 6/16/2007 8:37:00 PM

I am addicted to the smell of SU powder!! I am surprised by how much I love it because I tried the SU fragrance and it was horrible! (But now that I have more experience with LUSH I find that as a general rule their fragrances ruin the scent of the original product by smothering it with alcohol and God knows what else.) ANYway, SU powder is awesome and my only issues with it are 1) the packaging, which is truly terrible and always leads to my spilling powder everywhere, even when I use a puff/brush, 2) the fact that I can't find any perfumes to layer with it because nothing I have smells quite like it. Yes, this is the same fragrance as Alkmaar soap but I don't wash with Alkmaar in the shower so that doesn't help me. Any suggestions appreciated!!

on 5/30/2007 12:21:00 PM

This is the worst smelling thing ever. Like cat pee and drugstore perfumed talcum powder.

I love the container and Lush sure knows how to give a clever name, but I just can't get past the putrid odor of this powder!

on 5/29/2007 3:51:00 AM

I am really not a powder person, but this is excellent!! The feel, smell, yummies :) Defiantly will be switching it into another container with a puff.

on 4/26/2007 4:37:00 PM

HG of body powders. Smells nice and feels great on the skin. I use this religiously during the summer. The packaging is not great, but I solved that by getting a body puff thing that sits in a plastic container. Just sprinkle some in the container, dip the puff and there ya go! Will buy this again and again...

on 4/12/2007 7:37:00 PM

Looooove this. I always bring it with me after swimming and showering. It helps dry off my skin but the cocoa butter bits also leave it moisturised. Plus it smells sooooooo good. I prefer this dusting powder over other because of the cocoa butter bits. It makes the product more functional. Plus the fact that it has no talc. I don't think I'll stop using this until they discontinue it! :)

to me, it smells exactly like alkmaar soap. i love it. smells clean, simple and pretty. pair it together with flying fox body wash, really make my day.

on 3/24/2007 4:16:00 PM

I love the scent and have purchased this powder again and again. I think I'm on my 8th box!

I solved the "powder going everywhere" problem. I smack the opening on top of the box with a closed lipstick container. I smack it only once and only hard enough for the opening to crack slightly but not to open completely. Then I dial the opening so that it's half hidden by the top of the container. Voila! Perfectly dispensed powder.

Sprinkle it on your sheets for a nice treat when you slip into bed.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the soft smell of this body powder. It rubs into skin easily. Perfect for right after the shower. Keeps skin feeling silky. The only downside is that my husband HATES the smell. He said it was so strong and it gave him a headache. He also said I smelled like an old lady. So because of his comments I was going to return it to the store. But I couldn't get myself to do it. I love it so much I wear put it on when he's not around. I'm hoping he will get used to it and decide he likes the smell after all. We'll see. I don't think the scent is heavy at all. Very light and soft but maybe he's more sensitive to scents than me. Next time I go to the lush store I want to pick up Candy Fluff. If it smells anything like MMM bath melt, then I want it! I wish Lush would come out with more body powders in other scents.

Top Rated LUSH Products