October 31, 2014 | 996 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by arby

I am addicted to the smell of SU powder!! I am surprised by how much I love it because I tried the SU fragrance and it was horrible! (But now that I have more experience with LUSH I find that as a general rule their fragrances ruin the scent of the original product by smothering it with alcohol and God knows what else.) ANYway, SU powder is awesome and my only issues with it are 1) the packaging, which is truly terrible and always leads to my spilling powder everywhere, even when I use a puff/brush, 2) the fact that I can't find any perfumes to layer with it because nothing I have smells quite like it. Yes, this is the same fragrance as Alkmaar soap but I don't wash with Alkmaar in the shower so that doesn't help me. Any suggestions appreciated!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by JNH

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst smelling thing ever. Like cat pee and drugstore perfumed talcum powder.

I love the container and Lush sure knows how to give a clever name, but I just can't get past the putrid odor of this powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by dianew1960

I am really not a powder person, but this is excellent!! The feel, smell, yummies :) Defiantly will be switching it into another container with a puff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by n0nplusultra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG of body powders. Smells nice and feels great on the skin. I use this religiously during the summer. The packaging is not great, but I solved that by getting a body puff thing that sits in a plastic container. Just sprinkle some in the container, dip the puff and there ya go! Will buy this again and again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looooove this. I always bring it with me after swimming and showering. It helps dry off my skin but the cocoa butter bits also leave it moisturised. Plus it smells sooooooo good. I prefer this dusting powder over other because of the cocoa butter bits. It makes the product more functional. Plus the fact that it has no talc. I don't think I'll stop using this until they discontinue it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

to me, it smells exactly like alkmaar soap. i love it. smells clean, simple and pretty. pair it together with flying fox body wash, really make my day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Clemency

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent and have purchased this powder again and again. I think I'm on my 8th box!

I solved the "powder going everywhere" problem. I smack the opening on top of the box with a closed lipstick container. I smack it only once and only hard enough for the opening to crack slightly but not to open completely. Then I dial the opening so that it's half hidden by the top of the container. Voila! Perfectly dispensed powder.

Sprinkle it on your sheets for a nice treat when you slip into bed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the soft smell of this body powder. It rubs into skin easily. Perfect for right after the shower. Keeps skin feeling silky. The only downside is that my husband HATES the smell. He said it was so strong and it gave him a headache. He also said I smelled like an old lady. So because of his comments I was going to return it to the store. But I couldn't get myself to do it. I love it so much I wear put it on when he's not around. I'm hoping he will get used to it and decide he likes the smell after all. We'll see. I don't think the scent is heavy at all. Very light and soft but maybe he's more sensitive to scents than me. Next time I go to the lush store I want to pick up Candy Fluff. If it smells anything like MMM bath melt, then I want it! I wish Lush would come out with more body powders in other scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by bootsvalentine

I really like this, the smell is great (light and sweet) and it feels soft and fine. I find this great for hot weather to keep myself cool and dry. Also it's a pretty neutral scent so it won't compete with your signature fragrance. The best tip I got over on the Lush forums was to get a powder-dispensing brush at Walmart.
A cheap version of those Urban Decay cocktail collection brushes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by styrch

First, I'm going to say "yes, I'll buy this again" without really being too sure I will, but I'm leaning in that direction.

I don't usually use powders like this, but a friend recommended it to me. I have to say, for those nights when it starts out cool but gets to warm (usually because my DH is a portable heater) and I end up waking up all sweaty this is great. Dust on the stuff and go right back to sleep! Best of all, it's really not "dry your skin out" type of powder. It feels WONDERFUl after a bath.

The downside is the packaging. It's impossible to put it on without wasting a ton of product, and this stuff isn't cheap! I wish it came in a sifter jar with a powder puff or something. I would LOVE it then.