December 22, 2014 | 905 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by clairelouisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product based on these great reviews and don't regret it one bit. I use it as my current moisturiser and it has made a great difference.
After suffering from acne all through my teenage years, I still had quite a few blemishes and uneven skin tone left over. After using avocado oil I have virtually no blemishes or redness left on my skin and it feels amazingly soft.
I do have to remember to quickly wipe over my face after letting it sink into my skin to get rid of the excess oil on my face - shiny face isn't a good look :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

Avocado oil is my favorite as well. Acne & scars always clears up considerably, moisturizes, makes my skin look well-hydrated....& a beautiful overnight treatment. I'm young, but with every day use I hope to lessen the aging process for the future. This has helped my oily skin become less oily as well...very balancing, calming...ahhh! I need to go buy more now to put it everywhere on my body & hair :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sezling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Using too much as a moisturiser broke me out and irritated my skin. Was effective as a cleanser however storage is a hassle - need to keep refrigerated and probably best to decant some into a separate bottle so you aren't opening the same one and exposing it to air. Difficult when travelling...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

Everybody's right - it's a great oil and it actually sinks in! I got 250ml of the "Premium 100% cold pressed Avocado Oil" in my local Morrisons supermarket for about 4. It'll last ages. I've only used it on my face so far (with absolutely no adverse effects - just good ones!). I have normal skin which breaks out from time to time (although not since I've been using this) and I think this oil would be great for absolutely any skin type, including oily. I massage it in, leave it for a few minute and lightly tissue off any excess (especially before applying makeup). Makeup goes on great and I'm seriously impressed! Thank you MUAers! x.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by munchiemunchie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cheap, easy to use and it works.I use on my neck and it has helped the helped lessen the wrinkles there.I love this oil, will try on my face next.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by KikiMimiChan

used this because of all the great reviews plus wanted to try it in replace of olive oil. this is absolutely fabulous! i use it on my face and under my eyes and its fantastic- it moisturizes my dry-combination skin and ive also noticed it has cleared up some of my acne scars! i use the one from aura cacia and the only thing that i dislike is that the bottle is a squeeze thing that shoots the oil out (same amount every time) and too much comes out for just the face ( i usually end up using it up on my neck)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Creejay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike the other oils I've tried, this one actually sinks in and moisturizes and does not break me out. I use this every couple days all over my face to heal and moisturize.

My favourite use for this oil is as an eye treatment- it really eliminates the fine lines without being too irritating for the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 6:46:00 AM More reviews by argolis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin with clogged pores and mild but persistent acne that leaves ugly hyperpigmentation marks that last for months.

I started using avocado oil as a night/occasional moisturizer (because of the rave reviews on MUA) about a four days ago and I'm shocked. Other reviewers were right - I wake up with inexplicably dewy and not oily skin. My face is soft and I've had no new break outs. I had two pimples when I started using the product and they have been calmed down and been healing much faster than normal. I also had one newer hyperpigmentation mark on my cheek that seems to be fading very quickly. My skin tone overall is just much more even. I had a meeting with some admissions advisers and for once I just felt really unembarrassed (dare I say confident?) about the state of my face. This is a HG product for me for sure.

I'm using the Aura Cacia brand from Whole Foods, $10 for about 4 oz.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using this recently because of all the good reviews on here....I have tried many many other oils, and none of them have ever worked for me. But....this one seems like the most promising because it seems to actually sink into my skin unlike the others that would just sit on top, and never moisturize. Well i started up retin-a again so now i am using this as well as cetaphil cream (i put on the oil, then wait awhile for it to sink in, then apply retin-a and then the cream). I've tried using it during the day but it doesn't work well under my makeup, but i'm trying to cut back on foundation and just use concealer, and it works fine with just that. I may update this later if i notice better results....for now i'm still figuring out if i can use it! It hasn't broken me out yet so thats a good thing! :)

+EDIT+ this is way past due, but its mostly for my own benefit, because i have a habit of keeping products, and then forgetting whether they break me out or not, and then try using them again......so for the record, this stuff DOES break me out. it was frickin amazing at first, because like i said it totally sinks in unlike alot of other oils, and made my skin feel so plump and pretty, but then the zits started appearing. totally sucks, because this could've been a hg. :(

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by day0110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my dehydrated oily skin but I haven't been consistent with it just yet so I can't provide my review in that regards. However, being extremely frustrated with all the products I use on my hair that do nothing to soothe the dryness, I decided to use this. I have used olive oil in the past as a serum but it was too oily so I was apprehensive to use this but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did! I have bleached & coloured hair which I wash & blowdry every second day and straighten every day. So pretty much my hair is CRAP! But I put this oil in after I blowdry and before I straighten and it's been a godsend. After straightening it's smooth, stays straight and has no frizzy fried bits! I have shoulder length hair and use about an AU10c piece amount in the mid-lengths to ends. If I use too much it can look a bit oily but the next day has soaked in. I have heard oil + heat can leach the colour out of hair so if you have a lot of colour or a bright colour it's maybe not such a good idea but it's good for my bleached hair and even though the oil is green, it doesn't change the colour of my hair. It leaves a build up on my straightener but nothing a bit of eucalyptus or metho can get off.

Try this if your hair is dry and hair products designed for dry hair/frizziness/straightening do little or nothing for you.