October 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by munchiemunchie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cheap, easy to use and it works.I use on my neck and it has helped the helped lessen the wrinkles there.I love this oil, will try on my face next.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by KikiMimiChan

used this because of all the great reviews plus wanted to try it in replace of olive oil. this is absolutely fabulous! i use it on my face and under my eyes and its fantastic- it moisturizes my dry-combination skin and ive also noticed it has cleared up some of my acne scars! i use the one from aura cacia and the only thing that i dislike is that the bottle is a squeeze thing that shoots the oil out (same amount every time) and too much comes out for just the face ( i usually end up using it up on my neck)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Creejay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike the other oils I've tried, this one actually sinks in and moisturizes and does not break me out. I use this every couple days all over my face to heal and moisturize.

My favourite use for this oil is as an eye treatment- it really eliminates the fine lines without being too irritating for the eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 6:46:00 AM More reviews by argolis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin with clogged pores and mild but persistent acne that leaves ugly hyperpigmentation marks that last for months.

I started using avocado oil as a night/occasional moisturizer (because of the rave reviews on MUA) about a four days ago and I'm shocked. Other reviewers were right - I wake up with inexplicably dewy and not oily skin. My face is soft and I've had no new break outs. I had two pimples when I started using the product and they have been calmed down and been healing much faster than normal. I also had one newer hyperpigmentation mark on my cheek that seems to be fading very quickly. My skin tone overall is just much more even. I had a meeting with some admissions advisers and for once I just felt really unembarrassed (dare I say confident?) about the state of my face. This is a HG product for me for sure.

I'm using the Aura Cacia brand from Whole Foods, $10 for about 4 oz.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using this recently because of all the good reviews on here....I have tried many many other oils, and none of them have ever worked for me. But....this one seems like the most promising because it seems to actually sink into my skin unlike the others that would just sit on top, and never moisturize. Well i started up retin-a again so now i am using this as well as cetaphil cream (i put on the oil, then wait awhile for it to sink in, then apply retin-a and then the cream). I've tried using it during the day but it doesn't work well under my makeup, but i'm trying to cut back on foundation and just use concealer, and it works fine with just that. I may update this later if i notice better results....for now i'm still figuring out if i can use it! It hasn't broken me out yet so thats a good thing! :)

+EDIT+ this is way past due, but its mostly for my own benefit, because i have a habit of keeping products, and then forgetting whether they break me out or not, and then try using them again......so for the record, this stuff DOES break me out. it was frickin amazing at first, because like i said it totally sinks in unlike alot of other oils, and made my skin feel so plump and pretty, but then the zits started appearing. totally sucks, because this could've been a hg. :(

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by day0110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my dehydrated oily skin but I haven't been consistent with it just yet so I can't provide my review in that regards. However, being extremely frustrated with all the products I use on my hair that do nothing to soothe the dryness, I decided to use this. I have used olive oil in the past as a serum but it was too oily so I was apprehensive to use this but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did! I have bleached & coloured hair which I wash & blowdry every second day and straighten every day. So pretty much my hair is CRAP! But I put this oil in after I blowdry and before I straighten and it's been a godsend. After straightening it's smooth, stays straight and has no frizzy fried bits! I have shoulder length hair and use about an AU10c piece amount in the mid-lengths to ends. If I use too much it can look a bit oily but the next day has soaked in. I have heard oil + heat can leach the colour out of hair so if you have a lot of colour or a bright colour it's maybe not such a good idea but it's good for my bleached hair and even though the oil is green, it doesn't change the colour of my hair. It leaves a build up on my straightener but nothing a bit of eucalyptus or metho can get off.

Try this if your hair is dry and hair products designed for dry hair/frizziness/straightening do little or nothing for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very dehydrated skin that is also oily. Over the winter, the skin on my face became so dry around my mouth and chin that it cracked, flaked and turned red. I tried other creams and lotions but they either didn't hydrate well enough or they caused me to break out (products with silicones always give me acne). I even tried a hydracortisone cream hoping it would heal my cracked skin. It didn't help at all.

I'd read that carrier oils can be helpful for many ailments and they aren't supposed to cause breakouts. I gave a few different ones a try but the ONLY one that helped to completely heal my dry cracked skin was the avocado oil. After a lot of research, I discovered avocado oil has healing and regenerating properties. It's renowned for its antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties and is actually more effective than benzoyl peroxide for treating acne. Avocado oil has never caused me to break out. In fact, my complexion became much smoother and even in tone. Apparently, this oil can encourage collagen production and after using it regularly each night before bed for a few weeks, I noticed that the fine lines in my face were noticeably softened. No other product has ever done that for me. Overall, it gave me a more youthful looking complexion.

The benefits don't stop with your face. I now use avocado oil sparingly, all over after a shower. It IS oily, so just a little bit is all you need but it's far better than any body lotion since it penetrates the skin extremely well. The added benefit is there is no scent to avocado oil, so it doesn't compete with my fragrance. Avocado oil also makes an outstanding makeup and sunscreen remover at the end of the day.

I've recently started using avocado oil in my hair. I have long, color treated hair, so once or twice a month, I slather it on my hair, concentrating on the ends, and leave it on as much as I have time for. I don't have dandruff, but I've read it can greatly help with that, too. It washes out easily with one shampoo (I lather up and don't rinse the shampoo out until the very end). When I use the oil, there's no need to use a hair conditioner until the next time I shampoo. The first time I did this, I was amazed at how soft my hair was! No conditioner had ever left it so shiny and smooth. It had no buildup-y feel to it that conditioners or hair products with silicone can leave over time.

I buy the light-colored, cold pressed variety (not the darker green oil) found in the cooking oil section of my health food store. Considering the numerous uses, it's incredibly cheap. I put the oil in a rinsed out pump bottle of Olay Regenerist. Compared to avocado oil, Regenerist didn't do much for me at all, but the bottle is perfect! I store the rest of the bottle in the refrigerator to keep it fresh longer. I've tried both the avocado oil found in the skin products section (such as Aura Cacia) as well as the food section and believe avocado oil for cooking is generally more fresh and usually comes with an expiration date. Avocado oil can last 6-8 months before turning rancid, and even longer if stored in the refrigerator.

If I could give avocado oil a '10' rating, I would. It is such a phenomenal, inexpensive, multi-purpose product. You have nothing to lose by giving it a try. If it doesn't work for your skin or hair, you can always use it to cook with. One thing's for sure - I like knowing that I'm using such a natural, chemical free product for my beauty needs and that it actually works better than other more expensive products.

40 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

after reading so much nice reviews here, i tried it on my dry skin, sensitive, sick skin (FYI, i was stupid enough to put glycerin as moisturizer, and baam! rash jaw line the next day!) and it helps! less red itchy bumps, and my complexion look more even tone now, no more peelings seen, just one application! anyways i will keep updating, stay tuned! update: my skin is cured after a week of use! and it's still doing very good! no clogged pore!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

Avocado oil is a really nice rich, BUTTERY oil. Don't use on your face if you have oily skin it will only make you greasy. It is a lifesaver for dry/ really dry skin. Very heavy so it doesn't soak in right away but it will soak in. Nice on the lips and nice on the hair especially really dry damaged hair. It has a typical light oily scent though a little greener/ more avocado-ey. Add scented oils for nicer scent (though its scent is not offensive). High in vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E. I always put a dab on closed cuts/ wounds to help reduce scarring when healing. Though I don't know if it has much of an effect (like most things) on already healed stretch marks/ scars etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent soothing nutrative oil for dry aging skin. I have tried many carrier oils as facial nightime and daytime moisturizers and I like avocado oil the best so far. I put it on lightly an hour before I go to bed.When I wake up my skin is soft and dewey and never oily. Avocado oil has an excellent absorption level compared to to other carrier oils and will reach down past the superficial layers of your skin. I have also used it as a lip treatment during the day and as an addition to a regular light conditioner when my hair is frazzled. I have added it to my Cerave lotion and don't need the cream version of Cerave anymore. It should be added to a conditioner at no more than 5 percent of your total conditioner product. As with any oil it is best stored in a dark glass dropper bottle. Lately I have been applying it very lightly before makeup application and it has made any foundation look better and not settle into lines. The more I use this the more I love it. My skin is supple and feels like it did many years ago. My wrinkles appear softened and much less noticeable. I am leaving on overnight now with even better effects.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No