August 2, 2014 | 1037 users online

Makeup Brushes - Jane Iredale - Handi Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 8:52:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great brush! Very flat and great for even coverage. I use for my foundation and blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by contiguous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush! The price is a little steep, but I used it with my JI pressed powder and it works like a charm. My must-have brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by laulley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG brush that I use every day. Iíve owned this brush for a year now and it is very soft and has held itís shape incredibly well.

I carry this brush with me in my purse, and would like to eventually get another one to leave in my makeup stash at home.
I use powder foundations (MAC studio fix, jane iredale, chanel) and this brush gives me the better results than any other Iíve tried. The only time I donít use it with powder foundation is with BE (loose).

I swipe this brush over a baby wipe daily and wash it about every other week in mild soap or MAC brush cleaner.

If youíre using any powder foundation Ė or if you use pressed powder much Ė GET THIS BRUSH!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Perfect, perfect brush for applying the pure pressed minerals. I own several very nice Kabuki's- the Cat, Luscious and a couple of BB's but I enjoy using this more in some ways. The coverage and application of the JI pressed is perfect using the Handi. It was only $30 at skin-etc.com.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

Smaller than a kabuki brush, but with the same flat head, this is perfect for applying JI Pressed Minerals or indeed any pressed powder product, such as bronzer. The head is much denser than a regular powder brush, but not quite as stiff as most kabukis, so it picks up a fairly light amount, perfect for building up product in layers. It can be used for loose powders too, but it tends to pick up quite a lot more than a powder brush and deposits it in a more concentrated area (which of course is fine if that's the effect you're after). If I have one criticism of this it's that it doesn't get into the angles of the face as well as a domed brush. It's the best multipurpose brush I own, but if you use loose minerals or powders more than pressed, I think a powder brush (such as JI's own excellent one) would be a better choice. As with most JI products, you can pick up some great bargains on Ebay.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lilraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this brush. Its the best one I have ever used. I use it for any brand, any type of face powder and blush. I have no problems with shedding and I have had it for a year now and the shape has held up after almost every day double duty.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mellie137

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

How did I ever live without this brush! I bought it for the pressed JI base, but switched to loose for the better coverage. I like this with the loose better than the softer powder brushes because it keeps the precious powder contained. With the other powder brushes, the powder flies everywhere. I'll never be without this brush and plan to buy backups for travel/office, even though I'm a TOTAL cheapskate.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 6:36:00 PM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use it for all of my JI face applications... pressed powder, bronzer, and finishing powder. I've had mine for almost 3 weeks and have had a sum total of 2 hairs come out. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Unfortunately paid full price (almost $40), but now that I've found them elsewhere for much less, I'm thinking about getting another one specifically for blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 3:08:00 AM More reviews by echo2000

Read the reviews, bought it, used it and was reluctant about keeping it because I was not used to the flatness of it's head since I'd been using a more compact oval type. Now that I've been using this for about 10 days, I find that it's really great for putting blush exactly where it should be...on the apples of my cheeks! Perfect for swirling around and blending nicely! For $29, I'll keep it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder brush! It's luxuriously soft on my face, and gives the quickist, most even application of the JI PurePressed Base. You can also use this to blend everything in after you've applied blush, bronzer, etc. Pricy(49 CDN), but sooo worth it!

UPDATE:
The brush I have sheds..a bit disappointing for the price but it's still an excellent brush. continued >>