December 17, 2014 | 1754 users online

Brows - Milani - Brow Fix Brow Kit

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I could not be without this kit. I have dark brows but purchased the light kit and find that the darkest shade in that works perfect for me. I think the brush included is a little too small, so I use a Bare Escentuals eyebrow brush that I have. It's very easy to apply and blend into your natural brows and very easy to soften if you accidentally have used too heavy of a hand. I always apply a light coat of clear mascara on my brows after this and the color does not fade or wear off during the day. I use the highlighter quite often for it's intended purpose but also use it very lightly in the inner corner of my eyes to help me look refreshed and awake. I have even discovered that although the middle color is too light to use on my brows, it works well for me if I use it wet with an eyeliner brush and apply it under my lower lashline when I do a neutral eye. $6 is a steal for a product that I get so much use out of. I hope Milani continues to keep this in their product line.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Kekela357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have never tried brow powder before on my eyebrows, but wow, I've been missing out! I wanted to try something to fill in the little bald spots in my eyebrows and just to make them look more put together w/o looking scary or over made-up. I bought the light kit since I have blonde hair. My eyebrows are pretty dark, but the lightest color in there works perfect for me! I actually love the little tools it comes with. The brush applies the powder perfectly and I use the little sponge to highlight under my brows and the inner corner of my eyes. I love this kit and I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mnowlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade Light. I saw this at my local CVS and I couldn't believe the price. I thought for sure I'd bring it home and the colors would be all off, or not very pigmented. But I'm pleased to report that I love this product! I took off one lippie for the packaging, since it's pretty bulky. But on the plus side, these shadows work for eyes too. I usually carry a Maybelline quad in my makeup bag for emergencies, so having this in there instead only takes up a tiny bit more room.
The light shade is great. It's slightly warm, which I don't normally go for in brow products. But since my hair is dirty blonde hair with naturally warm highlights, it works on me. The darker shade is nice for filling in the patchy areas of my brows (due to years of over-tweezing).
I actually happen to like the little tools it comes with. Of course, they certainly don't take the place of my normal brushes and tweezers, but I don't believe they ever intended to. They're just handy to have for emergencies, and when your as obsessed with brows as I am, it feels very comforting to have them in there.
Not only would I buy this product again, I plan on going back to CVS to buy out the rest of their stock as backups.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my HG brow powder. i have already used 3 of them and will keep using them forever. i use the "light" one and it matches perfectly. i find this powder gives a more natural look then most pencils (at least on me) the darker color is a tad too dark for me but works suprisingly well when i overpluck and need something to fill in the bare spots

i comb brows with a clean mascara spool, use the angled brush that comes with it to apply the powder then comb again to blend everything

the highlighter powder thats included works great for highlighting the inner eye. i use a little dab on my inner eyes and it makes me look bright eyed and awake

i got it for around $5 at cvs

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to product for my brows..I have it in medium and it matches my colored and highlighted perfectly. Its packaging could be less bulky, just including the two brow shadows, but really, compared to other things I have in my bag, its not that big. I didn't care much for the sponge applicator, angled brush, but the tweezers are in handy from time to time. The mirror is rather small, but does well in a pinch. I don't know if I got a more sensitive or delicate one but the highlighter broke, but the other two have stayed intact after being thrown and pushed in my crazy purse. But the remaining two brow colors are great and last well throughout the day. I usually do a mix of both colors and my brows look put together and not overdone. A great product for a small price (I paid 5.99). I have finished one already and will definately continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. Though I have darkish hair and eyebrows I got the light palette and it is perfect and subtle. Gives my eyebrows an extra oomph without looking fake or scary. The price is right. The packaging is nice (though I had two break on me in store before I actually purchased, no problems since being home). I love the angled brush that comes with it, the sponge tip applicator is typical and I have yet to try the tweezers. The shadows are pigmented and soft. The highlighter color is GORGEOUS. HG eyebrow product right here.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kahassen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally a taupe/blonde color that isn't too red! I got this product in "Light" and it works so well for me. The light color is a little too light, so I blend with the darker shade. The highlighter is great too. Really helps clean up my look. I don't use the applicators because I have brushes for that. The tweezers surprisingly worked well (it even grasped my tiny bleach blonde hairs). Great product! Has a mirror inside under tools that is okay. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kanzen

Honestly, I would want to love it and keep it as one of my favourite products but I can't. I returned it because it is too light for me. I would not recommend any asians to try it because the colors are too brown for us.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lovelycristi

i bought this at heb plus one night and i fell in love with it. its great. the packaging is a little bulky but its worth it. it comes with a little pair of tweezers which have saved my life a few times. they arent the best but they are helpful in sticky situations where if youre like me you grow little random hairs overnight and you dont notice until youre at work or school. i love the highlight color. its not to shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OK - so, we have good and bad parts about this - but in general it is really awesome - so read on, please!
My first complaint is the packaging. I don't know if it's just mine, but the top is hard to open. Also, the packaging includes a crappy mini e/s sponge tip applicator, crappy mini slanted liner brush, and a mini pair of tweezers (which I assume are crappy but cannot yet speak of). These little "bonuses" just take up so much space - otherwise the packaging could be much less cumbersome, and would be a slim package of just a vertical row of 3 shadows. I would love to somehow modify this to do that...I'll have to think about it. I might depot it and re-work it somehow...I think the packaging is JUST that lame!

Alright - so onto the good stuff. Price = $6.49 + tax at CVS.

Over this past weekend, I tried the Anastasia brow powder duo in Medium Ash. I didn't find the quality to be anything to write home about, and didn't think that it was worth the $22 I spent - glad I kept the box and my receipt, and I returned it.

I had posted to the M/U board about wanting a cheaper dupe of the product, and a few folks recommended this. So I went on my excursion (my CVS are inconsistent with selling this, but my Kmart has it too!) last night to find the product and finally did. I've used it this morning and so far, so good. What I can say is that the 01 color is pretty comparable in color to the Anastasia brow powder duo in Medium Ash but maybe a little more neutral and not so grayed (read: not gray, not reddish, just right in the middle!).

So, what I can say so far is that for $6+ I got something similar to Anastasia brow powder duo. I will edit this later when I've worn it for a while and give a more quantitative review!

EDIT: OK! After using this for a few days - all day, this works SO much better than Anastasia. It stays all day - even with my mild seb derm in my brows. I'm very very pleased!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No