Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush

4.3

on 8/31/2009 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love love love! I bought this with intentions to use as a stippling brush for liquid foundation. Eh, not interested in that anymore. I now use it for my blush and bronzer and love it! I have an angled contour brush that I used to use for this, but once I got my stippler, I have nearly retired the first brush. I think it puts on a perfect amount of color without being too harsh and too much. I use this brush every day. I have had zero problems with shedding, splaying, or dye ozzing from the black bristles. The white portion does stain easily, so if this is something that will bother you, wash immediately after use. Otherwise, its not an issue. Mine have a slight pink tinge to them, but its just a stain, not able to transfer to your face or muddy the color you want to apply.

on 8/25/2009 2:49:00 PM

I've had this brush for months and months.. and I love it. I use it for liquid foundation application pretty much every day.. and I use it to apply my MakeUpForEver High Definition Powder as well. LOVE this brush. My only complaint is that a lot of hairs seem to stick out on the sides and that bugs me.. but that could be from me not storing it properly or something.. who knows. =) The one I have is pretty old and rough looking so I may try MAC's or Sigma's version to see if I prefer those, but SK's is definitely a good brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sorry to break the positive streak here everyone. I searched every target I knew for this during winter and they were out everywhere so when summer hit apparently a lot of the targets restocked here and I bought one. I applied blush and bronzer with this and did not like the results. Not to mention it kept shedding both when I would use it and when I was washing it. They're all sold out in the targets around me now but I really don't see what the hype is--I didn't try it for foundation but I'm sure it would apply foundation much better than blush and bronzer. This brush is good for a light sheer application of blush and bronzer but I wanted it to pick up more product ): Onto the next skunk brush!

on 8/10/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i loved this brush! didnt shed at all, pretty decent price. i used it as my foundation brush and its great!

on 8/3/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this brush and the mac 187. unfortunately i bought the 187 first! i love this brush and i think its better than the 187. seriously whether you're on a budget or not, get this brush. 13 dollars is great. this review is in reference of using this brush for foundation

on 7/20/2009 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Love, love, love this brush. It's perfect for applying MAC's deeply pigmented blushes. Thank you Sonia Kashuk for making this MAC 187 brush dupe at an affordable price with great quality!

on 7/9/2009 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

geez i would give this product a full 5 but when i got mine it did shed! but other than that this applied my MUFE HD Foundation like a dream! very smooth and not cakey. works well as a highlight and blush brush too and will most likely buy another for those. i do not have a mac 187 but i was so anxious on buying it before this and not i won't be for a while! thank you SK for affordable makeup brushes!

on 7/9/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

Nice brush. I have two, although I don't consider it HG quality. One for foundation and one for blush. I can't say my skin looks airbrushed but makeup does look sheer-like it's just enough to be noticeable. I think it's an okay dupe for the 187, but I still want that 187 though.

I can't believe I have made it this long without having a "skunk" brush in my set! I'd heard such good things about the MAC version (287, I believe?), and when I saw the SK version at my local Target for $13, I had to give it a try.

This brush applies liquid foundation like a dream. It is far superior to the application I was getting with actual foundation brushes. Don't get me wrong, what I got with my Essence of Beauty foundation brush wasn't bad, and I still use that brush over my eyes and around my nose/mouth to get even coverage, but the soft, almost airbrushed look this brush gives is perfect. It looks like I'm not wearing anything, but my skin tone is even, my pores look smaller, and I use far less product than before. I haven't tried this yet on anything other than foundation yet, but I'm going to get another tomorrow so I can do just that!

on 6/8/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this yesterday. I washed this last night and it barely shed at all! I applied it this morning and it saved me soo much foundation. ( i use this for liquid foundation, and i have yet to try to use this on blushes) coverage is ok, i would say sheer to medium. but it does give you that airbrush look. I never own a MAC 187 or any other stippling brush, but I'm very happy with this brush so far!

Popular Makeup Brushes