Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

on 1/22/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im on my way to buying my 3rd powder and I just bought my first one over a year ago. I generally cant use powders as I have a difficult tone to match and powders look powdery on my skin or a melty mess. I use this as a setting powder on top of shu umuera foundation. It doesnt look cakey or powdery - of course I spritz on a blended toner/moisturizer afterwards to add more moisture. I also use this alone when I am lazy and want to tone down redness of any existing acne I have. It shows off as slightly translucent in the light/medium I get. I use revlons golden beige even though it is not enough gold and too much beige.

on 1/15/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this powder in medium/deep. I was looking for deep but couldn't find it so I settled for this. I use it over a foundation that's a bit too red and dark and this helps balance things out. It mattify's nicely and helps my skin look smooth but it doesn't stay long at all.

I'd give it two hours (at the MOST) before I started getting oily again. Maybe. My Rimmel Stay Matte powder keeps me decent for about 3 and it's about 5 bucks cheaper. So I guess if you don't mind re-powdering it's not so bad. But I want to stay matte for as long as possible and as cheaply as possible.

The puff that it came with is ok. Just ok. The mirror is nice and so is the packaging. It doesn't feel like it's going to snap into pieces in your hand.

I think I would like it better if I had it in the proper color.

on 10/14/2009 4:35:00 PM

I don't know what it is but I guess there is a miracle ingredient that makes my pore invesible. That is very important to me when it comes to choosing a pressed powder. It gives you nice coverage yet natural finish if you use a thick kabuki type of brush. It's definately a must have for me.

on 10/1/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't set makeup or mattify, and fades just as quickly as any other pressed powder out there. The compact is nice though, heavy duty with a good mirror in it, so for that it gets an extra star.

on 9/27/2009 10:51:00 AM

I have a hard time finding powder that really works for me. My skin gets really oily after a few hours, and I hate looking in the mirror and seeing how shiny my face is. I've tried Covergirl and Maybelline powders but they weren't that great. I recently got Revlon Colorstay powder in fair (I have very, very fair skin and this shade fits my skin tone perfectly.) because of it's good reviews. I was very happy with the results. It looks natural and feels lightweight yet has great coverage. My skin feels really soft with it on and I get less shiny during the day! yay! Overall great product, will buy again.

on 9/20/2009 11:06:00 AM

I bought this pressed powder to use as a setting powder for my foundation. It adds just a hint of color and helps keep me from looking like an oil slick at the end of the day. I do not use the pretty pathetic little pad that comes with the powder. Instead, I use a fluffy powder brush, so that seems to do the trick. My biggest complaint about this product is the packaging. It would be awesome if there was a small mirror in the lid of the compact. I'd also love for the compact to feel more substantial in my hands, but for the price, I can deal with the packaging as it is currently.

on 9/13/2009 8:20:00 AM

Heavy, cacky and blotchy on me. Opposite of the airbrushed look.

on 9/9/2009 1:24:00 PM

This is a nice powder that i can set my revlon colorstay foundation with. It adds a bit of coverage; but not much in my opinion. It keeps my oilies at bay; but not as long as i'd like. With it frequently being BOGO; i'd def repurchase.
EDIT: Unfortunately after using this for awhile, this just doesn't set my foundation as well as I'd like it to.

on 8/17/2009 5:10:00 PM

Reference: NC20, combination n/o, redness issues (cheeks), a few broken capillaries
I picked this up at Walmart on sale for $5.99, not expecting much from it. What I found is a great, versatile setting, blotting, or foundation powder. I have used it for each of these purposes with really decent results. To blot, I apply with a fluffy Kabuki to dust my t-zone and eyelids. No retouching needed for me, so I don't know if it would get cakey. It holds up well, as I'll only need to use it once. As a setting powder, I use the kabuki all over and gently blend, blend, blend. This powder truly makes me look flawless! As a foundation, I use my E.L.F. powder brush to swirl it on in small circles. Coverage is akin to loose mineral foundations, but the finish is more refined on me. Love it! For under $10, I'd say give it try. It could turn out to be your "everything" powder.
Pros: Inexpensive, readily available, colors that match Colorstay liquid foundation, really versatile, long lasting, flawless finish, kind to my sensitive skin
Cons: I don't think this would build well, and might cake. It's on the thicker side, and requires studious blending; I have to carry a kabuki in my purse; women with dark complexions might not find a good match

I had high hopes for this product because I'm a fan of the foundation. However this powder is so chalky and turns a wierd shade of pink on my skin, even though in the compact it looks a tanish color. It makes my face look and feel very dry. The only things I liked about it are that it does stay all day and does mattify pretty well. I've only used it for a few days so I'm not sure if it would break me out or not but I'm definetly returning it. Also it has a very strage smell to it. The packaging is good because it is slim, not bulky like other compacts. I don't use the sponge it comes with I apply it with a brush, otherwise I would be upset that its too slim to fit a regular sponge in the actual compact. Definetly disappointed with the price too; its one of the more expensive drug store brands.