July 29, 2014 | 2006 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great compliment to the Colorstay foundation. I apply with a MAC skunk brush and it give a flawless finish. The colors of the power match the foundation shades, which is great. HG powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kl87

This is a great powder! It sets my foundation fantasticly and the colour is a good match - also great for lightening a slighlty darker foundation. I apply it with a brush and dont have any problems with caking. It lasts all day and still looks good. Have repurchased and will continue to do so. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by piratelass87

I love this pressed powder. I am really the kind of person who is willing to spend more than fifteen dollars on makeup of any kind (unless it is my NARS orgasm blush!) So, I usually find myself hunting the beauty aisles at Walgreens. I picked this up on a whim, in the light/medium shade. When i tried it, I found that it sets my makeup nicely and provided that extra bit of coverage I need. Also, it does not look cakey on my skin and lasts all day until I come home from work. It is easy to remove with my face wash and does not clog my pores, which is a big plus. I love that the package is so lightweight and portable and i would definitely buy this again.

UPDATE: So I switched from using this as my setting powder to using revlon's colorstay mineral makeup and I must say that that works so much better. It was actually an idea i got off of my mary kay consultant and i would recommend ladies who are looking for good coverage and long lasting makeup try mineral foundation over their liquid foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by mszlaydeej

I don't really like this because it makes me look cakey. I wouldn't buy this again and am definitely looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Kairin

PROS: Beautiful coverage, fits my complexion to a 'T' (Medium); smooth going on and blends well; the color does stay for a while with full coverage and beauty as you started off with (I tested about 8 hours, but I wanted my skin to breathe so I took it off.); love the packaging! It's so handy and tiny. Fantastic.
CONS: Doesn't go too dark, so for women of dark skin tones, it's very inconvenient. It does tend to look like you have a mask on, but brushing off afterwards or using some sort of bronzer or blush makes you look like a model. Reapplying is not necessary and if you do, you look completely fake with the mask look definitely going for you. Other than that, I think it is pretty much a wonderful powder! Would purchase again! :-)

EDIT: Changed my mind again! Still love it and would repurchase, but has better coverage and better, natural look when applied with a brush. Lasts longer too. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by vivi45

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate the cakey result when I apply this product, maybe pressed power is just not for my skin type but I look horrible from this, the color is hard to find a suitable one for me, it looks like a mask when applied, it gets gross at the end of the day.....will never use again, ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by pinklazer

I've been using this pressed powder for a little over a month now and I have EXTREMELY dry skin during the winter. The kind of dry skin that makes my foundation cling to any dry patches. I picked this up at a local CVS when I realized I desperately needed a new pressed powder for on the go. I picked this up on a whim and at first, I thought the product was waaaay too drying. But after exfoliating my face, I found the patches lessening. I ALWAYS make sure to moisturize my face well before applying this powder. So here are some of my pros and cons in summary:

Pros: I like the lightweight packaging (less bulky to carry around), good texture, not too powdery, extremely convenient, pretty cheap if you get it on BOGO.

Cons: not a wide range of color choices, the sponge it comes with is rough around edges and hurts (for me at least), can be drying if used without a good moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by onyxwings

I would buy this again if I needed to. I think the packaging is fine. It does give me a matte face, though. My T zone dissappears with this stuff. But I've only used it during the winter so far, and it does show your dry patches. So I guess you have to put on foundation or lotion before you put this stuff on. Also, I don't like the puff it comes with. It actually looks better if I just apply it with my fingers because the excess comes off on my hands and helps with the flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Cweb1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have finally found my favourite pressed powder !
Revlon's Colorstay pressed powder is the best at keeping me matte for several hours.
Nice colors too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by vivaicewine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is my favorite. I bought a medium-deep one which is enough to gives a flawless, light, healthy and natural look by just a tiny apply. And the packaging is ideal and very convenient for travel (although I do not really like the puff it provides).