Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 6/22/2011 2:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this brush! I use it every day to apply my foundation! I can stipple the foundation of blend it in with circular motions and it looks flawless. I do lightly mist the bristles with water, so that probably helps, but this brush is AMAZING, especially for the price. Sonia Kashuk is a wonderful brand. I highly recommend this brush to anyone.

on 6/22/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing Product, recomend it to everyone!!

I got this in a swap and wanted to use it for liquid foundation but it applies very streaky. It is good for sheer blushes though.
I believe this brush would be best for cream products but I'm not a fan of them so I do not know how it compares.

I love how the brush looks and feels as well as how soft the bristles are. However, this brush takes a full day to dry which can be annoying at times.

on 5/21/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a good flat top brush to apply my liquid and cream foundations with after trying other brushes and methods of application. I found this Sonia Kasuk brush at Target for $15.00 and being on the budget I am, couldn't pass it up.

This brush is one of the softest brushes I've used. It applies the product like a dream and leaves a perfect finish on my face. After multiple washings the brush is still perfectly in tact and just as soft as when I bought it.

I would recommend this brush to anyone and everyone!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I finally bought this brush! I love it for my MAC Studio Fix Powder. It blends it like a dream, the brush is sooo soft. I washed it before using it with baby shampoo and it does take a day or so to dry. It didn't shed, bleed, or change shape. I love the long handle and the shape! You can find it in Target stores and costs about $15. I definitely recommend this to everyone! (:

on 5/15/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation. It does seem to get dirty really quickly, but I wash my brushes frequently anyways so it's not a big deal! I think the brush has a very classy, elegant look which might sound strange but I love the way the handle looks!
Stippling with this brush has made my foundation look flawwwless!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This brush isn't available in the UK but I managed to get it in a swap, and I am so glad I did. This brush is the best for cream blushes, it deposits and blends the colour effortlessly. I haven't used this brush for foundation so I can't comment on how it performs for that.
The brush looks great (I love the handle) and feels like it will last a long time.

on 5/8/2011 3:47:00 PM

As others have mentioned, the brush is quite dense and that's a bit of a problem. I didn't use it for foundation though, just mineral powder. And even so, as much as it took to buff the powder in, I can imagine liquid foundation to be a nightmare.

It's in my collection, but definitely NOT one of my go to brushes.

on 4/29/2011 4:14:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this. Before purchasing it, I stood in front of the brush display reading through all of the positive MUA reviews for this brush. I was actually torn between buying the flat top brush or the pointed foundation brush. In the end I chose this one and was so excited to use it.

Here's the dealio: I like the way it buffs but you have to use such force to get it to spread your makeup and to buff it in. If you are prone to carpal tunnel syndrome, I would not advise using this, it makes my hand/wrist muscles hurt whereas I've never had this issue. It also seems to suck up all my foundation, what I've had to do is spread my foundation on my face first, and then use this afterward to buff it out. You also need to wash it after each use which is really annoying.

In all, I wouldn't buy this again. It seems like it'd be a good blush brush, but definitely not for powder or foundation unless you want to use excessive force each morning. It tires me out :/

on 4/27/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Allright, I was able to find this brush after months of searching, however, I am just baffled by how to exactly get this brush to work like it has for others on this site. It is a VERY dense brush that is extremely soft and feels like butter on the skin. However, since it is so small, it takes FOREVER to cover my face. I used this with Revlon Colorstay as well as MAC PLW and ugh I fell asleep halfway cause it was taking so long to stipple, buff, stipple, buff.

I think this would work great with cream blushes but I personally use the small highlighting brush from SK, so I dont really see a point of having this brush. I will continue to use my ELF flat top brush which is the perfect brush to give me the best coverage and look from both my foundations.

This brush is super hard to find, it is very soft, very dense and is a great quality brush. I just had really hard time getting this brush to work with me, but its a good brush nonetheless.

Popular Makeup Brushes