August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I am surprised to see some negative reviews of this foundation, but I guess it just proves how different everyone's skin is and you cannot truly build an opinion until you just try a product.

I've been on the hunt for a long wear, yet light coverage foundation that would be perfect for summer. I am oily/combination skin and if I don't take a very good care of it I'm prone to minor break-outs. I almost bought the Amazonian clay foundation by Tarte since it also felt quite light on the skin, but it ended up making my face shiny and did not last all day. I recently went to Macy's and saw that they were running a 10-day free trial of any foundation so I decided to take advantage of it and went to the Estee Lauder counter. I am so happy I did! What a lucky day.
The shade 2 matched me to a tee (NC 20-23, since I am a bit tan right now) and it just looked absolutely stanning on my face. I am about to go back and purchase the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

My skin is oily, acne-prone and sensitive. My pores also clog VERY easily. I also have yellow undertones.

I think this used to be $68 AUD but is now $50 AUD.

At the time where I wore this, I was the shade beige in Bobbi Brown foundation and purchased DWL in intensity 2. Despite the very limited shade range, intensity 2 seemed to be a very good match. I mostly need coverage on my nose and cheeks so the colour match meant that I could wear this in selected areas on my face and it would blend in well. Even though the SPF is low, I found that this foundation does give a bit of flashback. Not totally ghost-face but still noticeably lighter. I didn't mind too much if I put this all over my face but since I don't normally do that, I noticed after taking photos that my nose and cheeks were lighter than the rest of my face, so just be careful of that!

I suspect there's no added fragrance, it just smells like any other foundation, like that slight paint smell? Nothing offensive about it though. I like the packaging because it comes in a tube. So it's extremely easy and convenient to travel with as well as being hygienic. The foundation itself is slightly runny.

The coverage is about medium. It blurs my acne marks but concealer is still needed to completely cover them. I have visible pores on my nose and DWL smoothed over them nicely. I would say that it has a semi-matte finish. It looks natural and not mask-like so it works well as a daytime foundation.

The lasting power is good too. I have oily skin and if I'm not wearing any makeup, I'll probably have to blot after about 2-3 hrs. When I wore this, it would be about 5 hrs before I'd need to blot. If I used a tissue then I'd notice some foundation transferring but the coverage was still there. So it's good because even after several blots, the foundation wouldn't fade. It also didn't settle into pores. In fact, I reckon this foundation looked better after some oil came through and I had to do the first blot cos the foundation seemed to have settled nicely and not look as flat (this is due to me powdering, thank you oily skin..). Since DWL stays on pretty well, I needed to be sure I removed every little bit of it before going to bed.

Now here comes the downside which is the sole reason as to why I won't be repurchasing this foundation nor will I wear it again. Unfortunately, it breaks my skin out and clogs my pores!! I didn't actually put it together until months and months of wearing it because I'm used to getting new breakouts almost every week so even after wearing DWL for about three consecutive days a week for several months, I thought it was just the way my skin was. I had some active breakouts and my cheeks were bumpy from being clogged, but once again that's nothing new to me. Over the holidays where I didn't go to uni and therefore didn't feel like I needed foundation to cover up, I got used to not wearing anything. I didn't realise my skin was actually improving and that I wasn't breaking out that much anymore.

As a result, I didn't really need to wear foundation and just stuck to concealer to cover up spots and acne marks. One day I was going out and decided to wear DWL for the first time in months. After a day of wearing it then properly removing my makeup and going to bed, I woke up the next day with a couple under the skin bumps on my chin/cheeks. At the back of my mind, I thought it could be DWL but thought nahhh it's never broken me out before.. But I also noticed that my cheeks were bumpier than usual. A few weeks later I wore this foundation again and woke up to some more new red bumps.

Alas, I've finally concluded that despite this foundation looking great and lasting well, it's just not the best foundation for my annoyingly finicky skin. If you've got oily skin and want a medium coverage foundation, I would recommend giving this a try! However, if you're quite acne-prone and clog-prone like me, just be weary about this. My forehead which is one of the oilier parts of my face, is also the least acne-prone. I don't think I ever broke out on my forehead whilst wearing DWL.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tiftif

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using a foundation from Estee Lauder. I was surprised at the minimal colour selection and the range of the colours. I'm really pale and I find that even the lightest one, Intensity 1.0, is really dark and has an orange tone.
That being said, I like the finish--it looks natural, however, after an hour or so, I find that it starts to look greasy especially around the t-zone (but it's nothing oil blotting paper can't solve). It stays on nicely and lasts for a substantial amount of time.
Although I like this foundation, I would not buy it again unless they introduce a lighter tone. It's not worth paying this much for a colour that does not suit me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by cristinezhang

Got this baby just today and tried it on my "still-angry face" (got it from allergy and worsened by BeneFit Hello Flawless Foundation) on the right part, on the left side i tried putting on MUFE Face and Body Foundation to compare these both stuffs.

It contains SPF! Great for an outing under the sun :D The thing is, foundations with spf tend to leave face feeling sticky even though it's liquid and it happens to this foundation. It's not that I hate it, just saying. It's got medium coverage, seems to be buildable and I haven't noticed any scent which is comfortable with my nose. Doesn't break me out, yet. I will update the review if I ever found something wrong with this product :D which I hope not.

This one comes with a squeeze-tube packaging, which I don't prefer cus it tends to make the product burst out everytime I open it, probably it's also due to the liquid texture. I don't really mind it. Gave the packaging a 4-stars, you know my problem.

Probably will repurchase it if my still-in-a-waiting candydoll makeup base and foundation don't work good with my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I find this foundation to be more of a tinted moisturizer type product, minus the moisture. The coverage is VERY light, in fact, barely noticeable, so I always need to use a concealer with it. I have it in the lightest shade and it is still too dark for me, but because the coverage is so incredibly sheer it doesn't really matter. It dries very quickly so you have to be sure to blend it right away. The finish is nice; satiny, almost matte. This can cling to dry patches. I'm glad I got this as a gift, because I would definitely not spend the money to buy it myself. It's not a terrible product, just not what I like, ideally.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my go-to foundation when I needed really good coverage. It really does that well. It's also the right amount of mattifying for my combo skin. It's got silica in it, which soaks up some oil for you.

My biggest problem with it was the color match. I have the lightest (1.0) shade but it's still too dark for my skin.

This gets a 4/10 for health on goodguide.com, and I'm on the prowl for a foundation to better suit my current needs: color match, better ingredients, lighter coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Naataliie

The palest shade was ridiculously too dark and orange-toned for my skin (I would say I'm probably around NW10, maybe paler). There's no way I'd be able to wear it without mixing it with my white foundation.

The coverage was great - covered my redness and acne scars well, and it did stay put without going shiny for around 6-7 hours (which is pretty incredible because my skin is really oily). After 12 hours though, my face did look oily and I would definitely need to fix it up. I also loved that I didn't need to re-do my makeup through the day because it stayed put.

I found this foundation broke me out though - I was so disappointed! I even made sure I removed it all at the end of the day and still no luck. Would be my HG if it didn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Brid1

Wanting something lighter than my usual doublewear for Summer I discovered this last week. It gives just enough coverage for the warmer weather and applies well with both brush and fingers. I opted for the lightest shade and it suits perfectly, I would usually wear cool bone in Doublewear. I put a light dusting of powder over the top and it doesn't look too matte as other reviewers have commented.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by leslie9487

Makes my skin look dry but I have normal skin with oily t zone. My bff commented that this foundation actually made my skin look worse!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to wear Double Wear many years ago and loved it, but found it too drying for my skin in the winter, so I switched to something else. After seeing a raving review for this on a youtube blog called "Hot and Flashy" - which I highly recommend for anyone over 40 - I went to the Estee Lauder counter. The sales woman (I think she was the manager) matched the shade 02 to my skin -- which is very fair, but does have a lot of freckles. It was a perfect match. She cleaned my skin, applied a light moisturizer, and went to work on me. She applied the foundation with a brush and I could tell she was really slathering it on, but when I looked at myself in the hand held mirror she gave me, it looked great. She also told me if you use a brush to apply foundation, you will use a lot less than if you use your fingers. She advised me to exfoliate every night which would clear up some dry patches on my cheeks, and she gave me two samples of an exfoliating cleaner that I have been using and really like. So...then she applied the matte primer with a brush in various areas of my face on TOP of the foundation, which I found to be odd, but it worked. I don't know if she does this to everyone, but she said the products were meant to be mixed together if needed, at it looked great. Although my skin is dry, it felt great. I asked her about powder, and she lightly applied a moisturizing powder sparingly. After a little blush, I was ready to go. I ended up buying a kit that contained the primer, foundation, concealer, and a foundation brush. It was about $42 and I bought the powder as well. She threw in a sample of night serum. So then.....

I did what I call the true test. I got in my car, pulled down my mirror and looked at my face in natural light. WTF? My face looked good, but my chin looked like a cakey mess....just waaaay to much foundation. I was on my way to an after work meeting, and knew I could not go looking like this, so I wiped it off my chin, put on some of my L'Oreal powder that I had in my purse to try to even it out, and it fixed the problem. I think that although my sales lady was very knowledgeable about products for me, she was not exactly a makeup artist, and I don't begrudge her for that.

I have since worn the foundation by applying the primer first, and using a much lighter hand (literally -- I don't use the brush, I apply with my fingers) and it looks great. The staying power is about 7 or so hours, and is a nice light coverage. Today I am wearing the primer on my nose only (to hide some pores) and I just applied the foundation on the rest of my face without the primer. So far so good. I will update this if there are any issues. I am going to post a review of the primer separately because I did find (when I used it with my Cover Girl) it may not work with other products.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No