December 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love these and the whole Ecotools brush line. I have two sets so that I can rotate as I clean them. They don't take that long to dry, but it's nice not to have to time my brush washing against my next make-up application, and they are inexpensive enough to make two sets a reasonable luxury. They don't shed, and I've had no issues with cleaning them. I do wipe each of my eye makeup brushes with a damp washcloth after each use. I like the bamboo handles and recycled aluminum ferules as they coordinate well with my Aveda Environmetals compact.

* Powder brush: soft, good and round. Couple of pats on the blush, sweep it on the apples of my cheeks, natural, healthy glow.

* Concealer brush: I use to apply my light eyeshadow base color across my whole eye area. Efficient application.

* Shadow brush: I use it to apply color to my lid. It holds the shadow and doesn't scatter or drop any on the way to my eye even when I've really loaded it up. This is a vast improvement over the Body Shop synthetic shadow brush that I used to use.

* Angle brush: I've used it wet to apply dark shadow as a liner, but I've found that I prefer a shorter brush for tight lining. (I found an Ecotools eyebrow kit at Ross and the angled brush in that is the perfect length.) I've toyed with the idea of sticking the handle in a pencil sharpener to shorten it, but that would probably throw off the balance.

* Brow brush/lash comb: Don't wear mascara and I prefer the spoolie brush that came with my eyebrow kit for my brows.

* Brush roll: I use for traveling some, but I have more than five brushes so it's not ideal. I like the fabric, but it is light and picks up stains.

* Packaging: Grr. Vinyl and fabric. Totally un-recyclable. The manufacturer suggests reusing it for travel but a tall, non- watertight zip top bag is not that useful. I have old brushes that I don't use stored in one, but I'd rather this had come in a paperboard package to recycle or a watertight, PET bag to reuse.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by drugstorediva22

i love all 5 of these brushes!(: they are sooo soft! my favorite is the blush/powder brush! its so soft and great for blush or setting foundation! the eyeshadow brush is almost too soft, i use it for blending/applying a light wash of a brow bone color. the concealer brush is just so so, i dont use it that much. same with the eyebrow brush. the liner brush is great as well, its a fairly thin line (although, im just getting into eyeliner application with a brush, so maybe im not the best judge for that..).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by calles2

I love love love this brush set.

1) The blush brush is perfect for mineral makeup. I use bare minerals and it works perfectly.

2)Concealer brush helps blend and get into corners.

3) I use the eyeliner brush for smokey eyes.

4) Eye shadow brush works well.

5) Brow brush....mehh I never use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Ecotools brushes are my favourite brushes to use for my face and eyes. These are no exception - they are clean, dense, and soft. Though I wouldn't recommend using them for the "intended" purpose (each brush says what it should be used for on the handle), they are really great. My favourite is the "highlight" brush, which I use for my crease. It's super soft and get for blending!
The only con is that they have very short handles - I don't mind, easy for travel, but some people mind. The little case is just adorable!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Trincy

This 5 piece set is the best deal! The brushes are really lovely, good quality and so so soft.. they also wash really easily and dry quickly!

I particularly like the eye shadow and the liner brushes.. they are brilliant! I find that the blush/powder brush doesn't pick up compact powders too well but I usually use the rubbishy hair brushes that come with the products to put it on my skin and then use the Eco tool to buff it in!

I love the packaging and although the brush roll isn't wipe clean it's easily washed. What I really love is that they are so well priced you can actually afford to have more than one of each brush! Yay for blending!!

I'm going to stock up now because I'm sure they will up the price soon enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by enigmaID

I bought this set just for the blush brush, as I managed to buy this for $7 off ebay, rather than $17 in Priceline (we get ripped off on cosmetics in Australia)- expecting to throw the rest out or go to the cosmetic graveyard in the back of my drawer.

However, to my pleasant surprise, I managed to find a good use for all of the brushes- even the lash comb, which seems to be the unloved one in any make up brush set due to its uselessness for its intended purpose (I use it to clean my fine hair comb from dust instead).
Or you could even use part of it as a lip brush to exfoliate, if you wanted another purpose for it.

I've used this set for about a month now, and review brush by brush below.

The blush brush is a dream in softness and fluffiness. It glides across my face instead of attacking my skin with scratchy needle-like fibres. It also is fantastic for heavily pigmented blushes- 2 slight sweeps do it for both cheeks in my case. And these is no shedding at all so far. Not in wash or in use. The set is worth it JUST FOR THIS BRUSH.

The concealer brush- it conceals. Softly, without packing on so much product like it could eat it and it was starving. Nice to get into corners and edges of the eye area which my finger cannot fully reach.

Eye shadow brush- good for patting on eyeshadow. I say patting as sweeping does not deposit much colour for me.

The brush roll- I haven't used it yet. I'm not going anywhere with these, as I have a set of travel brushes for the very purpose of traveling. So, it's dead to me unless I can find another purpose for it.

Overall, I say try them. It's cheap and you're hurting no-one. Especially not the environment due to it's eco- friendly credentials.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this set! All the brushes are really soft and picks up pigments well. To be honest I usually only use the concealer and blush brushes and they work pretty well. Also, for a 6 piece brush set it's fairly priced and love how it's eco-friendly too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome set. The only reason I bought this set was because I wanted the eyeliner brush and they didn't sell it individually in the stores here so I just bought the set. And I'm glad I did because I love every brush included in the set. I reach for these brush more than any others I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the set with the kabuki, concealer brush, blending brush, powder brush and little bag; then I got the foundation brush separately. These are definitely my favourite brushes. They are SO soft and dense, and best of all - cruelty-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by heathbo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Most amazing brushes. So soft on the face, cruelty free, they are made from synthetic hair but it actually feels really soft and it picks up product like real hair would. Best part is, they are less than half the cost of a MAC brush (for a whole 5 pack of them) and they work BETTER!! I definitely recommend these. holy grail brushes.