August 20, 2014 | 1876 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

yes i agree with a reviewer below about fragrances being individualistic because of body chem. but i still like to read reviews because of the listed notes, etc. anyway, i tried this yesterday and it was VERY strong. gave me such a headache i started feeling nauseous. the dry down was very sweet and full of amber. then i actually started smelling a little...farty? something sour started coming out. didnt work with my chemistry unfortunately. i give it a two because i like sweet and it has great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by DaeguChingu

At first, I was put off by this fragrance, but as time went on, I started to really fall in love with it. The reason is that it has a strong amber base with strong sillage. If you like amber, this one is for you. Usually, I prefer a vanilla base, but after smelling so many vanilla perfumes, it's nice to have this amber in my perfume collection. To me, it smells sophisticated and chic. I recommend testing it on your skin before buying it because not only is it expensive compared to other perfumes, but for me, I wasn't sure about the amber base at first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by mallcoremotion

I absolutely adore this perfume. I have an embarrassing collection of Bath and Body Shop products and I was on the hunt for an actual perfume. I was in Sephora about two weeks ago sniffing through their samples and finding few that I liked. Once I realized that I could not afford to drop $80 on the Gucci EDT 2, I started digging through their roller ball perfumes. I was growing desperate for a new perfume and came across Chloe. I didn't expect to like it the way I did because I usually stick to very sweet scents, but I can't get over Chloe.
I got the rollerball for around $22, I think, which isn't a bad price since it seems to be lasting a long time. However, I find I have to reapply often. Maybe it's a different formula in the roller ball, but it seems to fade after an hour or so. Either way, I love the scent. I'm surprised every time I put it on how much I love it. It's a light, clean floral scent. I have allergies to floral perfumes and I don't have an issue with this one.
Anyway, it's a wonderfully light and floral scent that doesn't seem to last terribly long, but maybe the full size bottle is different. I don't think it's appropriate for really young girls-teenagers, I'm 23 and I think I'm around the age it's for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by stardustt

I've been wanting this perfume for the longest time before finally getting it, and i love how it smells - a lil musky and vintage. Somehow it always smells familiar to me. This scent is probably my favorite for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I cannot pin-point the exact reason why, but "new" Chloe makes me think of Quelques Fleurs. Chloe doesn't smell anything like Quelques Fleurs, but, to me, Chloe has a vintage, highly feminine feel that evokes a similar atmosphere. Chloe brings to mind Rosaline lace, vanity sets, and jet jewelry. Chloe is a rosy fragrance that smells like perfume. It makes no attempt to smell alive, or to replicate a garden, and that's what I love best about it. When I first tested Chloe several years ago, I was surprised (and delighted) that a fragrance so classic in feel, and in packaging, would be launched in department stores. In some circles, there is no insult worse for a perfume than being accused of smelling like "an old lady" (a cruel phrase if I've ever heard one), and when I sniffed Chloe, I immediately pictured masses of pinched faces and cries of, "This smells like my grandmother." (In this, I suppose I'm showing my age. Many younger fragrances-wearers associate Amazing Grace and dryer-sheet notes with their grandmothers.) My nose categorizes Chloe with time-honored perfumes that my classy Nanas might have worn (but didn't - one wore Royal Secret, the other wore Fabergé Tigress) like Emeraude, L'Aimant, or L'Air du Temps: unabashedly synthetic prima donnas, flaunting powder and sharp, lily of the valley-soaked rose. I adore Chloe because Chloe smells like perfume; not like laundry soap, shampoo, or deodorant. As Chloe warms on my skin it gets "rosier" but it's never a blatant rose-watery scent. It's very, very beautiful. My husband really likes Chloe, and that alone makes it special for me, because he has an aversion to many, many fragrances.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the new one. Nothing like the classic. I like the scent, but it is gone in 2hours from my skin. There is something interesting about this that does catch my attention, tho. I could wear this to the office as it is not strong.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by strix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chloe smells like roses and clean laundry. The roses are just a bit too strong for me. It makes me sneeze. I do like floral scents, but this one is overpowering. It's definitely a feminine scent. Not too young, not too old. I'd say it's best for a woman in her 20s-30s. My boyfriend wasn't a fan of it either. I wore it for 2 weeks straight, and every time I'd spray it in the morning, he'd cringe and tell me that he didn't like it. It's not a "stinky" scent, it just makes my nose runny and itchy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The fragrance is that of a green rose-very pure and simple! Although I am not generally a rose scent fan, I rather enjoy this, especially as a day fragrance when I do not wan anything more complicated. Good sillage and average lasting power. I don't think it is full bottle worthy, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm sorry, what? WHAT is so lovely about this perfume? On me it opens with a headache-enducing STENCH of concentrated Yes dishwasher detergent .. and that's about all that this perfume smells -- both top, heart and base note. It is truly terrible and gave me a headache for real. Would never buy a full bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by savanna427

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the point of reviewing fragrances since it's so individualistic, but this scent somehow changed on me, and that's why I'm doing this. I first bought this perfume in July 2010 after having smelled it in magazines and LOVING it. I think I paid around $90 for the larger one (can't remember the oz.). In addition to the scent, the bottle was just gorgeous (though the paint on the metal has faded after a year). I wore it obsessively after I bought it and it always smelled great on me; so pretty, and the layers were incredible. Unfortunately, lately I've noticed that it smells like PICKLES a few minutes after I spray it on, once it settles in. The only way it doesn't smell like pickles is if I spray it on my clothes or hair only, NOT on my skin. I'm bummed because I loved it. But something must've just changed in my body chemistry. I still reccommend it because you never know how it will smell on you, but the effect may wear off after a while. *ETA* After a year of regular use, I still have half the bottle left.