July 29, 2014 | 2145 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by RockAHealthyBody

I have bought all of the Anastasia Brow products and this is the best. I love that it doesn't have the dry pencil look, it is moist, comes in many colors and is easy and fast to use. I've done all the different products and systems and kits and the best make up tools are the classics like this brow wiz! Definitely a great purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a makeup artist at sephora use this on me and I fell in love! I have tried every pencil and was using benefit brow kit for years. This product made me switch and I will never go back. The price is pretty ridiculous for a brow pencil but I love the small lines and how this product actually make my brows look natural. I will never go back to any powders or pencils again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
-comes with a spoolie for blending/grooming
-slim design (portable; easy to draw "hairs")
-blends well
-good range of shades
-good texture
-no detectable scent

CONS
-way over-priced
-product breaks very easily

I was introduced to this pencil by a makeup artist when the store I was at was out of stock of Tarte's EmphasEYES (which is also way over-priced). Am I ever sorry I wasted CAD$26.50 on this pencil because there is absolutely nothing about it that makes it worth so much money for such a run-of-the-mill brow liner.

The biggest problem with this product is how fragile it is. When I took my pencil out of the box, half an inch of it had already broken off in the tube and fell out of the tube and on to my bathroom floor. The next morning, when I went to use it, another entire inch and a half of the product had broken off and again fell on to my bathroom floor - and I hadn't even used it yet! Since the product isn't very hard (or else it wouldn't be easy to blend), I'm guessing its breakability is owed somewhat to the stick being incredibly slender.

It's fairly easy to blend (especially with the handy spoolie it comes with), but so are a lot of other brow pencils that are far more affordable and provide a hekuva lot more product for their price. I wouldn't say that it has staying-power different from any other brow pencil I've ever tried, and it's not waterproof either (if that's something you're into).

The very slim shape of the product does make it easier to line the brows with fine hair-like lines since the pencil is a wind-up and doesn't need sharpening like conventional pencils do. It also isn't too heavily pigmented, which means it can be applied in layers and still look relatively natural when blended with the spoolie. It's also easily blendable, which is good since it takes on a bit of a sheerer look if you don't want to look too made up. It also doesn't pull on the skin when applied, unlike some pencils that can be a bit hard upon first application.

Overall, though, there is nothing about this product that makes it stand out from most drugstore brands. It's just another high-end, over-priced pencil that does the job but doesn't have anything else to offer that makes it worth such a pricey purchase. Save your hard-earned cash and move on to other products that'll last longer and be way more durable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a natural look to your eyebrows than this is the brow pencil for you. I got my shade in CARAMEL and it makes my black haired eyebrows look light brown. I'm Asian and wear a MAC NC25-30 shade and I hate when my eyebrows look so fake and painted on. I wanted a more natural look and this pencil color did that for me. I got a backup of it just in case. This is definitely my holy grail item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product. The colors are great and they don't look fake on your eye brows. The pencil isn't hard and it applies rather easily. The thing I don't like about it, is it seems you go through it rather fast. Definitely looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by yggo

I have this in ash blonde and I am incredibly happy that I got this a few months ago. I've only used this ever since and it gives a really natural result and it is a shade that really fits me. At times I feel like enough product doesn't come out though. Also if you're dumb like me beware when you put on the lids again so that you don't accidentally put the short lid on the pencil tip and therefore making it break lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brow pencil in brunette after using the Anastasia powder for 2 years. I only had to replace the powder because it broke (my fault, dropped it on the tile bathroom floor one too many times).
I do however like using the pencil better than the powder for my brows. I only have a couple of "missing" brows or empty spaces. I used to have sparser brows after too many overzealous "professional" threading sessions here in Vancouver. So I stopped going to the so called "pros" and bought the Anastasia kit and did them myself.
I also went a few rounds with brow enhancer gels like Rapid Lash, which really helped my brows grow back in.
I love this pencil. It goes on beautifully, it's hard to apply too much (which I found with the powder it was easier to go overboard). It lasts all day and is super natural looking.
Plus, you can drop it and it won't break LOL ;)
Overall, I'm happy and would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Holy Grail eyebrow product.
Yes, I've tried them all, from drugstore to high end. I randomly found out about this thanks to heyclaire on youtube, and I am totally in love with it.

What I look for in brow products:
Natural color match. I find a match with medium ash, brunette, AND ebony. They all look natural with my asian skin coloring (nc30) and dark brown/black eyebrow hairs.

Small hairlike strokes. No discernible lines or blocks of color. The small tip makes it easy to brush through and spool through the middle so that it looks natural.

Long lasting. This can rub off if you purposefully try to but will last a whole day (even through naps) if you don't.

Price is not bad, I've paid more for eyebrow products. I love the packaging with included spoolie and it just streamlines my morning routine. Love, I won't use another product for my brows again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by angeluv178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love the brow wiz in brunette!!! Im'm on my 2nd one. I used to have nice full eyebrows where I never needed to touch. This past year, I noticed my brows growing sparse. Now I finally understand what they say about things going downhill after 30! I'm def feeling it! Thank goodness I found this brow pencil! It gives me the most natural looking eyebrows and it's so easy to use! I had to take 1 lippie off as I find the amount of product for the price is ridiculous. Also, the pencil lead breaks easily so you have to be careful. Might have to try the pencil version and see how that one last.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a brow newb and have only tried one other pencil that I used for a few years. I was shown this product at Sephora and decided to buy since it had no reddish tint (like the other one I had been using). Since I started using this, I keep getting compliments on my brows from both people I know and complete strangers. Completely credit it to this product and will continue to buy as my brows look WAY better than they used to!