August 22, 2014 | 1242 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used the bath poufs you can buy at Target for about 10 years, so when I would see these Salux towels at Mitsuwa, I never thought to try one. I didn't know there would be a difference. But based on the reviews, I decided to give it a shot (only 3 dollars if I didn't like it, so not a big deal). I am so impressed. I already have very soft skin (thank you Mom!) but this made it even softer. After my shower, my skin feels as soft and smooth as my two-year-old's baby skin. Also, I enjoy using this towel to lather up, because it's scrubbier than the poufs and makes my skin feel tingly and really, really clean.....like I've just gone to the Korean bath house kind of clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This little gem has saved my skin. I have been dealing with bacne this summer and thanks to MUA reviews I decided to order some from Saluxshop. When I first tried the cloth, I was worried that the texture would be too rough but not at all. I feel invigorated, cleaner, and much smoother now. I scrunch up the cloth except for when I use it on my back, I use it at full length for that. I also like that the cloth is easy to rinse out, and it takes very little time for it to dry. This is definitely worth buying over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Cinja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product - found in local Japanese store. Sloughs away all dead skin in all areas. Comes in different grades - I think I got the soft or super soft and it still has a slight rough texture to it. BUT! That's perfect - you don't want it too soft, that defeats the purpose. It is recommended to use light to medium circular strokes starting from the face and neck and moving down, TOWARDS the heart. This is the proper way to stimulate your circulation and release toxins - and trust me, we have ALOT of build-up since our skin is the largest organ we have. Use only a little bit of soap - this holds soap really, really well.

This scrubbie product also gets extra bonus points for having just enough length so you can fully get your back too, just use it at a cross bow angle. There is more dead skin on the back then you can imagine ;) use it happily and often ~ my skin feels so freakin' nice afterwards. And my back looks amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by NMitchel

I bought one of these for myself and my mum. My mum trimmed hers (which, if you do, just make sure you take a lighter to the edges just so it doesn't unravel!) and we both love them! Ordered them off eBay for $15 with shipping (a little pricey from everything else I've heard but I live in a small town and the Asian market in the city doesn't carry them). Combined this with my dry skin brushing and I have amazingly soft skin. My mum is in her 40's and her skin has looked much more supple since using this. We also have to use way less body wash, about a quarter of a bottle has gone in two months with me showering every other day and my mum showering every day.

Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by marilynlovesyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Salux nylon Japanese bath towel! (pink color)
This loofah/jumbo size exfoliating glove has become my best friend.
Ever since i've been using this to wash my body on a daily basis, I have baby smooth skin. This also has helped improve the dry patches on my back. Also, i'm using waaaay less body wash now, because it all foams up and creates a rich lather. the price is $3.99 CDN at a place called Pacific Mall (asian mall with small boutique-like stores) It's in a shop which I don't know the name of. I usually get loofahs for a dollar or under, but this is well worth every penny! no loofah does with this bath towel does! My whole family now uses this, and we all have different skin types, so I would deffinatley recommend this to anyone!
I will be purchasing a stock so I will never run out!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I am going to be the only one in the world to say this judging from the reviews but this was not exfoliating enough for me! I know people are going to think I'm crazy because people either love it or think it's too rough. But I have been using an exfoliating glove for years and years and my skin is used to deep, daily exfoliation. My skin just loves to be exfoliated and thanks me for it. But these remind me exactly of the gloves that I normally use, they are nothing special. Some gloves are gentler than others but the ones I've used have the exact same texture as this cloth, I thought it was going to give me a true deep exfoliation based on the reviews here. The only plus I see is that it is good for people that have a hard time reaching their back but I am pretty flexible and have no problem reaching my own back so this doesn't matter to me. I actually discovered another exfoliating cloth called Italy Cloth made in Korea (don't ask me why it's called Italy cloth when it's made in Korea! No clue.). I bought them on ebay and they were very cheap. They have 3 levels of exfoliation coded by different colors which is nice since you can customize it for your skin needs. The Salux are not rough enough for me, which I know will sound strange to most people. But I did give one to my husband because he has issues with some back breakouts in spots he can't reach and he has only been using this once a week and his skin is baby soft and smooth to the point where it's making me jealous! LOL. He hasn't commented on the cloth being too rough but he only uses it once a week so for him, I guess it might be too much for every day. So everybody's skin is different, obviously. If anybody has tough skin like mine, hope you will find this review helpful.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by djd381

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cloth is abrasive, but in a good way. My skin has never been so smooth! It took a few uses to get use to, but it is very effective at sloughing off dead skin cells. I also like that it dries quickly. A regular cotton washcloth can harbor bacteria if not replaced after each shower, but I drape this on my shower caddy and it air dries in just a few minutes. It also needs less soap than a regular washcloth and can replace any "scrubby" face wash.

The cloth has helped reduced the amount of ingrown hairs on my legs, which is why I wanted to try it. It is also great for the feet in between pumicing.

It did cause a slight back break out after about a week due to overzealous use. It cleared up quickly though.

Since this sloughs SO WELL, this would be disaster for a spray tanner. However, this would be great to use pre-spray!

For $4.50 on eBay, you can't beat it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This thing is amazing for preventing ingrown hairs and getting rid of dry skin. It's also really helped with the little flesh-coloured bumps I get with KP (though it tends to make the red ones worse). I'm currently using it in conjunction with a salicylic acid-based cleanser for my body acne too, which seems to be going pretty well!
I order my cloths online for 4 each including P&P which isn't too costly considering how well they work. They're certainly more effective than anything I've found in Boots and make exfoliating that much easier.
Thanks for the recommendation, makeupalley!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by addicted2mu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 12 years and I cannot live without it. It exfoliates very well. I buy it for $2.99 at a local korean grocery store. Great price for a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by devotdsatellite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has completely changed the way I shower for the better. My skin is smoother and I can't shower without it. I bring it on vacation and trips home to see my family. It is really great for buffing out dry spots. I use a mild aveeno cleanser with it and it works great. It also helps my husband be less stinky after his workouts.