April 18, 2014 | 1957 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - bamboo eye shading brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

II loved the angle brush so much that i went back and purchased the e/s brush. I'm shocked at the quality of this $3 brush. The bristles are soft, but yet firm enough, blends e/s with ease, and washes nicely. A very good quality product for so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by shushiroll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would buy this again because its a great staple. I think this brush is great for everyday. Easy to use, picks up color nicely, sustainable, cheap, and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another winner from EcoTools! My everyday basic eyeshadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG brush for applying color on my lids. It has soft, stiff taklon bristles that are cut to a rounded point (great for getting down to the corners) and steeply tapered on the sides to pick up color. I can pick up a ton of color with this brush. I load up one side, (sometimes) spray a little mixing medium on, and apply. I always get intense, beautiful results. This brush is great for applying and blending cremes as well. I would not use this to blend shadow colors out, just to pack on the color. You should get the brush set this comes in, because even if you don't like this one, Ecotools are so amazing that you are bound to like at least one. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought on the BOGO free deal (really shopping for a powder brush). It was a little disappointing - soft but I don't think it picks up shadow very well (my Shu Uemura #12 is quite a bit better) - but it is a good deal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by belletrist9

I'm sad, because I did want to love this brush. It says it's an eye shading brush, so I assumed that it was made for eye shadow placement and light blending. First of all, it's very stiff, not fluffy at all, so I found that it was hard to distribute (pressed or powder) eyeshadow. It seems to lay down most of the eyeshadow with the first pat, but it doesn't pull shadow around very well. Second, it's HUGE. This... may be because I have very small lid space, but it's basically impossible for me to use this w/ darker colors without looking like I got a black eye... or color experiment gone wrong or something like that. That being said, it looks like it'd be great for concealer or for using with paint pots (I am still afraid it's too big for my lid though...), it just doesn't do what I bought it for. =/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beautygeek

At first glance, I thought that the eye shading brush wouldn't be that great. It looked similar to the concealer brush in the 5-piece set. Once I used it with my eyeshadow, I had a different opinion. It picked up the eyeshadow well and blended really nicely. Just today, I used some eye drops to wet the brush and used it with loose eyeshadows and pigments. It went on the eyelid very, very smoothly and blended everything out. Probably because of the material of the brush, which made it easy to wet the pigments. Overall, I am extremely impressed by this eco-friendly brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by carmenci99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of these brushes during a BOGOF Ulta sale. The primary reason why I bought them is because I needed some relatively stiff brushes to apply MAC Paints and Paint Pots and they do a pretty good job at that in a short amount of time.
Applying eye shadows takes a while longer since it seems to not pick up as much color at a time as MAC brushes do, for example. However, it is incredibly soft, much softer than a few MAC brushes I have (239 comes to mind). Actually I sometimes use this for the crease too, and it's definitely softer than all the 219s I have, grrr.
The one flaw I can see is that if you have smaller lids, then this is hard to use as it's rather big for an eye shading brush. For me it's fine, though I have to be careful if I want to use it for the inner lid corner. Also, the handle is a bit too long for my taste, and I often bump it into mirrors.
However, here's the main reason why I gave it 5 lippies: it's incredible when it comes to applying MAC pigments! Before I got these brushes I use to get a TON of fallout all over my face (I got used to doing my eyes first and then cleaning up and applying foundation & co for this reason). What I do is I just lightly dip one side of this brush in the pigment, tap it (barely anything comes off and it picks up quite a lot of pigment) and then apply it on the lid, either in vertical or horizontal motion.
With my other brushes I never dared apply anything in horizontal swipes as that was sure recipe for fallout, but this brush is amazing, IMHO!
I would suggest applying a teeny tiny bit of mixing medium or Vaseline to your eyelids before applying pigments so that the colors look more vibrant.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

This is a great brush for applying cream products such as MAC Paintpots. Lately I use this brush for my concealer and it does a great job, better than the brush I had been using. It's very soft but firm so it's perfect for concealer. I didn't love this for powder eyeshadows since it didn't pick up much product though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is great for cream shadows or Paint Pots, but it is pretty useless for powder eyeshadow or pigments. For these you need a dense, fluffy brush. And this brush is definitely not that! So I'm rating it as average because of this, as I would not repurchase this to use as an eyeshadow brush. However, this brush is a perfect dupe for the MAC 249. I just recently bought a 249 to use to apply Paint Pots and I'm sort of kicking myself since this Ecotools brush is practically the same and so much cheaper. I hope Ecotools comes out with a "real" eyeshadow brush soon!