September 16, 2014 | 1737 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is garbage. I never used a hair serum, or John Frieda products before, but I needed something to help keep my hair under control. Halfway through the application, it became very sticky and discusting to work with. I had to wash my hands before I could even blowdry my hair. It did nothing to control flyaways or frizz. Def. a waste of money,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by teresadhunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well normally I don't use a hair serum but decided to give it a try after reading partial reviews on MUA. I have to say that I really like this product and noticed an immediate difference while blow drying my hair. Normally my hair always puffs up when I do it at home and I always wonder why that doesn't happen at the salon .After blow-drying and flat ironing my hair was completely smooth and frizz free. Thankfully I now have this product to get that salon look at home.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not for anyone with naturally greasy hair, as it'll only make it worse. Since having shorter hair, I don't get frizzy flyaways anymore so I no longer use it, as well as the fact that it just made my hair look greasier.
Though I've heard lots of success stories about this product, so if you have drier, frizzier hair than mine, it's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by cranberry7

I'm pretty happy with this product. It eliminates a lot of my frizz and makes my hair look much better than a lot of other products I've used. However, you do definitely need to be careful with the amount used. Too much product and my hair looks and feels dirty. I would repurchase though, especially since the price isn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the very small size and I tried this stuff this morning, and I really like this. A little goes a long way, I just used one drop for one section out of 3 sections when using my chi flat iron. And I take the train to work and my hair didnt frizz or got wind blown (as usual). I cant believe it took me so long to try this, but I do highly recommend it over all the hair serums I have tried. Next time, I will try the heat protectant one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too impressed with this one. This product makes hair extremely greasy (seriously!) and weighs it down. It does defrizz, though. I'm assuming this product is likely targeted at women with thick, curly hair, whose hair won't appear greasy with just a dime-sized portion. Since I have thin, straight hair, this serum isn't doing it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by lollipopman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is actually quite good, except for the fact if you get too much on your scalp it may make your hair oily. Gets idd of frizz and adds softness and shine. Bit expensive though

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lovinitxx

This, people, is great if you have the most wiriest, thickest and frizziest hair, like me! it makes it smoother, silkier (thanks to the hydrolysed silk) and not so fluffily wirey huge.

it would not be great however for greasy hair types or people who dont want it to weigh thier hair down.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Monica368

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, first let me say this was going to be used as a throw in, in one of my swaps here on MAU. One day I decided what the heck, I'll give it a try but thinking to myself, this cheapy drugstore hair serum will NEVER work. Over the years I have shelled out so much money on high end products, attempting to have straight, shiney, managable hair with no sucess. THIS STUFF WORKED!!! Holy cow, I am so completley shocked by the results. My hair is so soft and straight and for the first time in a long time my hair actually looks almost healthy. YAY!

*Edit* I still like this product but taking a lippie off because after about 4 or 5 uses this product looses its "Wow" affect. Its still a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by allykat331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, it did tame my frizz, but at the cost of my hair looking extra greasy but feeling slick and dry. How did they manage such a paradox?

Ditto on the strange packaging: if it tips over it leaks absolutely everywhere, and it's hard to manage when you've got a headful of dripping hair to handle as well! Won't buy again, as I've found something way better for my curly hair: Curlisto Structura Lotion