April 19, 2014 | 1296 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not for anyone with naturally greasy hair, as it'll only make it worse. Since having shorter hair, I don't get frizzy flyaways anymore so I no longer use it, as well as the fact that it just made my hair look greasier.
Though I've heard lots of success stories about this product, so if you have drier, frizzier hair than mine, it's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by cranberry7

I'm pretty happy with this product. It eliminates a lot of my frizz and makes my hair look much better than a lot of other products I've used. However, you do definitely need to be careful with the amount used. Too much product and my hair looks and feels dirty. I would repurchase though, especially since the price isn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the very small size and I tried this stuff this morning, and I really like this. A little goes a long way, I just used one drop for one section out of 3 sections when using my chi flat iron. And I take the train to work and my hair didnt frizz or got wind blown (as usual). I cant believe it took me so long to try this, but I do highly recommend it over all the hair serums I have tried. Next time, I will try the heat protectant one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too impressed with this one. This product makes hair extremely greasy (seriously!) and weighs it down. It does defrizz, though. I'm assuming this product is likely targeted at women with thick, curly hair, whose hair won't appear greasy with just a dime-sized portion. Since I have thin, straight hair, this serum isn't doing it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by lollipopman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is actually quite good, except for the fact if you get too much on your scalp it may make your hair oily. Gets idd of frizz and adds softness and shine. Bit expensive though

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lovinitxx

This, people, is great if you have the most wiriest, thickest and frizziest hair, like me! it makes it smoother, silkier (thanks to the hydrolysed silk) and not so fluffily wirey huge.

it would not be great however for greasy hair types or people who dont want it to weigh thier hair down.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Monica368

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, first let me say this was going to be used as a throw in, in one of my swaps here on MAU. One day I decided what the heck, I'll give it a try but thinking to myself, this cheapy drugstore hair serum will NEVER work. Over the years I have shelled out so much money on high end products, attempting to have straight, shiney, managable hair with no sucess. THIS STUFF WORKED!!! Holy cow, I am so completley shocked by the results. My hair is so soft and straight and for the first time in a long time my hair actually looks almost healthy. YAY!

*Edit* I still like this product but taking a lippie off because after about 4 or 5 uses this product looses its "Wow" affect. Its still a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by allykat331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, it did tame my frizz, but at the cost of my hair looking extra greasy but feeling slick and dry. How did they manage such a paradox?

Ditto on the strange packaging: if it tips over it leaks absolutely everywhere, and it's hard to manage when you've got a headful of dripping hair to handle as well! Won't buy again, as I've found something way better for my curly hair: Curlisto Structura Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by tara7777777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS. I have long, super-thick, wavy hair that usually needs to be styled in order to look decent. But with this stuff, I can either just scrunch it into wet hair and let it air-dry for super-wavy hair, or comb it out and work some through my hair for smooth, slightly wavy hair. And if I do get the time to blow-dry, I put this on before and after to keep it smooth. I use it on wet and dry hair and NOTHING else makes it so soft and shiny and manageable, plus it lets me get away with not doing my hair, which I love! I've bought this several times and will always repurchase. It's one of my essential products. Normally I like to shop around with hair products, but I keep coming back to this!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by QuixoticWeetzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Man, I remember this stuff. I used it before my grade 8 graduation picture years back. I was devastated when instead of having frizz free hair I looked like I hadn't showered in a year. SO greasy. Just the most awful thing I have ever used in my life. Stay far away from this one