August 23, 2014 | 1010 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I don't find Black Cherry Chutney that remarkable a colour. I'm disappointed with it after reading all the raves on the Nail Board. Maybe if the red shimmer showed up more on my nails, I would be more bowled over by this shade. But looking at it now it looks like a twin, or at least a sister to Orly Naughty. You can see the red undertones in it and it is a dark, vampy shade that dries to a shiny finish. The wear is okay on my nails - I can get a solid 2 days before I see tipwear. I not a huge fan of OPI's reformulated polishes as I find they apply watery and are sometimes thick from the get-go. It's a small thing, but having to apply nail polish thinner to a brand new bottle of polish is ridiculous. I won't repurchase this shade and won't lose any sleep it it's not added permanently to the collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ParisXIII

Droolworthy.

This is the most perfect black cherry shimmer I've ever seen. Wore perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by outspokenwallflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been venturing into the world of dark polishes for a year now, and have a couple of favorites but none that I really ever wanted. I wanted a dark color that suited my skintone, and was rich and dark, but not the color black and still feminine. BCC is my first OPI polish and after trying it today, my absolute favorite of all time. Its such a stunning color, I can't stop admiring my nails and excitedly kissing my bottle of polish. The nail tech at the salon didn't seem to have any problem with the brush or formula, though I think I saw some goopy streaking when she applied the first coat. But the color is so beautiful, I could care less. Two coats and its the same tone as inside the bottle. I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by andriella

I have been looking for a very dark red from OPI for a while. I wore Lincoln Park at Midnight before this, but now I constantly wear this shade. It looks almost black from afar, and up close you can see subtle purpley red sparkle.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by gryph

Love this! A very dark purpley red, looks so pretty on the nail. I'm glad I have decided to wander into the world of dark nail polish, thanks to this and Russian Navy. I'm getting better at using the wide brush so there is hardly any mess when I do my nails now. This lasts very well with a top coat, about a week. As long as there is light around you can tell it is red/burgandy/plum (whatever you call it!) and not black, looks very sophisticated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ceeRennycee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After Yoga-ta Get This Blue, BCC is my favorite from OPIs India collection. It reminds me of Midnight in Moscow but the shimmer is more apparent in this one. Indoors it looks like a blackened plummy shade but in regular daylight it's a gorgeous, dark sparkly berry shade. I intend to get a backup of this one. I love looking at it in different light to see how the shade changes. I just can't stop looking at it...so gorgeous!

My only complaints are not with the color itself but the new formula and the pro wide brush. First of all, the new formula seems to be very runny but strangely gloopy at the same time. I didn't even know such a thing was possible but I have seen it with my own eyes. I recently used one of the old formula polishes and it reminded me why I liked OPI in the first place. Since this is so runny it's hard to control where the color is going. It leaks down into my cuticles and is impossible to remove, being such a dark color. I also hate the wide brush because my nails aren't very wide so I get polish everywhere. But because I am so in love with their colors I will continue to buy them and allow myself extra time for cleanup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this polish!!! (It is from the India spring collection 08'). I always find it hard to review nail polishes because they seem so simple yet complex at the same time, but here goes:
This is a very very dark vamp colour- in normal light it is (As the previous reviewer says) identical to a ripe black cherry- but in the sunlight the red tones and glimmer come out to make this a shade with beautiful dimension. It goes on very easy (I love OPI's wide brush) for having such short nails like I do, and I never have to use a base or topcoat with OPI. It finishes to a very vinyl-like finish and is now going on day 7 without any chipping.
I hope this becomes a permanent colour because it's my favorite OPI polish this far.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ebetty

Black Cherry Chutney, to my mind, completes a vampy trilogy for OPI -- it's kind of a hybrid between Midnight in Moscow and Who Are You Wearing?, from the Fall and Holiday 2007 collections, respectively. BCC is a vampy plum base chock-full of sparkly red shimmers, and it does look near-black on my tips after 2 thick coats. And I'm not kidding when I say "thick," because this polish was kind of a gloopy b*tch to apply. At first, it refused to lay down and left bald spots on my nails wherever I pulled the brush... but, since 3 drops of polish thinner corrected the problem, BCC still gets my vote of approval. Speaking of the brush, though, I had to trim off about 15 errant bristles with my haircutting shears before I could even use the polish. (Paging OPI Quality Control...) Again, though, a minor inconvenience. If you weren't dazzled by the aforementioned near-black vampies, don't bother with BCC either. Personally, I'm a sucker for them :)